• GASPARODA SALO IN BRESCIA

From Garry Kelsey@21:1/5 to All on Sun Nov 22 11:07:31 2020
    I have a friends violin for repair and inside the label (stamped) is this in caps:
    GASPARODA SALO IN BRESCIA, with no date or markings over the letters. Also the S's are shown as such, not f.
    When I got it the finish had been removed from the top and there were some serious cracks in the top. The back is one piece and had some serious wear and tear and has since been stripped a swell. The sound post has dropped and the saddle was loose but I
    have both. The fingerboard, tailpiece tuning keys and nut were missing and I have replacements.
    I'm fairly certain it's not an original but was wondering if anyone could tell me from this description if it was made in Brescia, Italy or somewhere else.
    Thanks for any info available.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Garry Kelsey@21:1/5 to Garry Kelsey on Tue Nov 24 15:42:07 2020
    On Sunday, November 22, 2020 at 2:07:32 PM UTC-5, Garry Kelsey wrote:
    I have a friends violin for repair and inside the label (stamped) is this in caps:
    GASPARO DA SALO IN BRESCIA, with no date or markings over the letters. Also the S's are shown as such, not f.
    When I got it the finish had been removed from the top and there were some serious cracks in the top. The back is one piece and had some serious wear and tear and has since been stripped a swell. The sound post has dropped and the saddle was loose but
    I have both. The fingerboard, tailpiece tuning keys and nut were missing and I have replacements.
    I'm fairly certain it's not an original but was wondering if anyone could tell me from this description if it was made in Brescia, Italy or somewhere else.
    Thanks for any info available.
    Just editing my typo.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)