• Steiner Violin

From buyupaplace.sh@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Mike K Pitts on Sun Oct 25 19:35:25 2015
    On Friday, May 29, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Mike K Pitts wrote:
    Anyone have information about the maker of Steiner violins. I obtained
    one in the town of Osceola, Indiana recently and would appreciate any information. This fiddle appears to be very old and has no model or ID #
    but, has the Steiner name inside and on the backside. This violin has a marvelous tone.

Thanks,
    Mike

Mike ~ I just picked up a violin with Steiner stamped on the back of the instrument near the neck heel. Is yours marked the same way? thanks Steve

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From billfunaki@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 8 09:47:40 2017
    Crazy stuff: I recently found a Steiner violin in a dumpster in Chicago, with the same characteristics you described. It has the unusual raised back and raised soundboard, and "Steiner" stamped on the back at the base of the neck. No label inside. Did
    you ever find out more information on yours?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From fredj8817@gmail.com@21:1/5 to billf...@gmail.com on Tue Oct 30 02:38:21 2018
    On Friday, September 8, 2017 at 11:47:41 AM UTC-5, billf...@gmail.com wrote:
    Crazy stuff: I recently found a Steiner violin in a dumpster in Chicago, with the same characteristics you described. It has the unusual raised back and raised soundboard, and "Steiner" stamped on the back at the base of the neck. No label inside. Did
    you ever find out more information on yours?

hi my name is pete i just got a steiner it also has F.ALBANI 1853 for marking and has a round little picture of a man and woman and some real tiny words i can hardly read,right under where it says steiner,can anybody ball park what it wroth

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From darabahmadipour@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 5 08:05:43 2019
    violin Steiner 1713

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From buyupaplace.sh@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Mike K Pitts on Tue Aug 6 15:11:25 2019
    On Friday, May 29, 1998 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-6, Mike K Pitts wrote:
    one in the town of Osceola, Indiana recently and would appreciate any information. This fiddle appears to be very old and has no model or ID #
    but, has the Steiner name inside and on the backside. This violin has a marvelous tone.

Thanks,
    Mike

I Have an instrument that is stamped Steiner in the same place as yours but I see no sign of a signature or stamp on the inside. Mine also has the same high arching you speak of and it has a warm tone that I quite like and that other players have had
    favorable comments about. Mine is in excellent condition and I see or hear nothing that makes it appear to be just another cheap copy. Steve

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Brian Simpson@21:1/5 to buyupap...@gmail.com on Sun Aug 6 02:20:44 2023
    On Wednesday, August 7, 2019 at 8:11:26 AM UTC+10, buyupap...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Friday, May 29, 1998 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-6, Mike K Pitts wrote:
    one in the town of Osceola, Indiana recently and would appreciate any information. This fiddle appears to be very old and has no model or ID # but, has the Steiner name inside and on the backside. This violin has a marvelous tone.

Thanks,
    Mike
    I Have an instrument that is stamped Steiner in the same place as yours but I see no sign of a signature or stamp on the inside. Mine also has the same high arching you speak of and it has a warm tone that I quite like and that other players have had
    favorable comments about. Mine is in excellent condition and I see or hear nothing that makes it appear to be just another cheap copy. Steve

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05