• Pete RG Announces 2016 Spring Tour Supporting Candlebox

From sunofmusic@21:1/5 to All on Thu Mar 24 21:14:28 2016
    "Full, resonant vocals delivering a dreamy landscape of straightforward heartfelt sentiment."
    - Guitar World's Acoustic Nation

"Pete RG's post-rock sound packs enough power for him to be considered an arena rock contender while still remaining smooth and sophisticated."
    - Diffuser

"Speckled with hints of Neil Diamond, Leonard Cohen and Matt Berninger, RG is blessed to have a voice so unique, so enchanting and so captivating. It is that voice and its intrinsic charisma that will carry RG forward in the months and years to come."
    - Absolute Punk

Los Angeles, CA (March 10, 2016) - Pete RG will be supporting Candlebox on their 2016 Disappearing From Airports tour, which kicks off April 1st in Louisville, KY. His backing band will feature multi-instrumentalist/co-producer Brina Kabler, bassist Adam
    Kury, guitarist Kevin Haaland and drummer Dave Krusen (an original member of Pearl Jam).

RG will be promoting his latest work, Reaching For The Moon, which was released on October 9, 2015 via his 4L Entertainment imprint. RG will also be debuting songs from his forthcoming album, Sentimental Fools, scheduled to come out in July 2016.

The singer-songwriter delivers a rustic yet soulful sound throughout the five song EP as he sings about celebrating the splendors of life. Such a message of rejoicing life is fully captured on "Divine", the EP's first single. "The song's about making the
    most of every moment we're given," describes RG. "It's about focusing on what we have and need as opposed to chasing our wants, because life is simply too short and beautiful."

Stream/Share the single "Divine" here: www.soundcloud.com/pete-rg/divine/s-aWJGV

Reaching For The Moon marks RG's follow up to the acclaimed Lightning Strikes EP, released in the spring of 2015. Once again recording in his personal Santa Monica studio, RG collaborated heavily Kabler, Kury, Haaland and Krusen after touring the better
    part of the year together.

"Lightning Strikes was recorded over the course of the year, making the recording process less organic since we were in and out of the studio numerous times," explains RG. "When we began recording Reaching For The Moon, we were fresh off the road and
    restless to get into the studio. I was determined to work at a faster pace to maintain the band's momentum."

Getting his start in music as the frontman of L.A. indie pop/Americana outfit Last December, RG wasted no time finding his own voice as a solo artist, starting with his debut full-length New Eyes in 2013. However, Pete RG's solo efforts have proven to be
    an even stronger collaborative effort. "I wanted Last December to capture all the feelings and subtleties that I felt when I played the songs by myself," recalls RG. "Now, I want to reveal as little as possible about myself while working with a band. It'
    s a much more fun and rewarding process than the earlier days."

Pete RG's Upcoming Tour Dates (all supporting Candlebox):

APRIL
    Fri April 1 - Louisville, KY - Mercury Ballroom (Tickets)
    Sat April 2 - Cincinnati, OH - Bogarts (Tickets)
    Sun April 3 - Indianapolis, IN - The Vogue (Tickets)
    Tue April 5 - Dallas, TX - Trees (Tickets)
    Thu April 7 - Houston, TX - Scout Bar (Tickets)
    Fri April 8 - San Antonio, TX - Fitzgeralds (Tickets)
    Sat April 9 - Tyler, TX - Clicks (Tickets)
    Sun April 10 - Lubbock, TX - Jake's (Tickets)
    Tue April 12 - El Paso, TX - Speaking Rock Entertainment Center Spirit Garden (FREE)
    Wed April 13 - Tucson, AZ - Rialto Theatre (Tickets)
    Thu April 14 - San Juan Capistrano, CA - Coach House
    Sat April 16 - San Francisco, CA - Slims (Tickets)
    Tue April 19 - Butte, MT - Butte Depot (Tickets)
    Wed April 20 - Billings, MT - Pub Station (Tickets)
    Fri April 22 - Denver, CO - Marquis (Tickets)
    Sat April 23 - Pueblo, CO - Pueblo Memorial Hall (Tickets)
    Tue April 26 - Little Rock, AR - Metroplex (Tickets)
    Wed April 27 - Monroe, LA - Live Oaks
    Thu April 28 - Baton Rouge, LA - Varsity Theatre (Tickets)

MAY
    Tue May 3 - Annapolis, MD - Rams Head Tavern (Tickets)
    Thu May 5 - Nashville, TN - 12th and Porter (Tickets)
    Sat May 7 - Marietta, OH - The Adelphia Music Hall

Reaching For The Moon track listing:
    1. Our Escape
    2. Divine
    3. True Love
    4. Magic
    5. Fighting Fires

www.pete-rg.com/
    www.facebook.com/PeteRGmusic
    www.twitter.com/rg_pete

Music: http://pete-rg.bandcamp.com/album/reaching-for-the-moon

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)