• oldest civilian pipe band

From wolfpaladin2018@gmail.com@21:1/5 to barry w shears on Mon Mar 5 20:09:26 2018
    On Sunday, December 29, 1996 at 4:00:00 AM UTC-4, barry w shears wrote:
    As a point of interest the MacIntyre band was formed in 1898 in Glace
    Bay , Nova Scotia, Canada. I believe the first civilian pipe band in
    in Eastern Canada. It originally consisted of brothers (One eyed) Dan MacIntyre, Joe MacIntyre , Mickey (the dancer) MacIntyre,Archie
    MacIntyre: and first cousins : Long Joe MacIntyre and Peter MacIntyre.It
    was augmented in 1900 by two Jamiesons from Pipers Glen ,Cape
    Breton,Charlie and John.Charlie was married to a sister of Dan MacIntyre, which led to a popular belief thet to marry one of the MacIntyre girls
    was the only way to get into the band.
    I included a photo of the MacIntyre pipe band, taken in 1902, in my Gathering of the Clans collection. I also included a picture of John Jamieson. It is interesting to note that the MacIntyres came to Cape
    Breton in c.1828 from South Uist where they were hereditary pipers to
    the MacDonald of Clan Ranald.
    The Jamiesons were origianally from Canna, Scotland and every one in the family could play the pipes.Having been taught by by their father, Neil.

One Eyed Dan is my great great great great grandfather.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From wolfpaladin2018@gmail.com@21:1/5 to wolfpal...@gmail.com on Mon Mar 5 20:13:28 2018
    On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 12:09:27 AM UTC-4, wolfpal...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Sunday, December 29, 1996 at 4:00:00 AM UTC-4, barry w shears wrote:
    As a point of interest the MacIntyre band was formed in 1898 in Glace
    Bay , Nova Scotia, Canada. I believe the first civilian pipe band in
    in Eastern Canada. It originally consisted of brothers (One eyed) Dan MacIntyre, Joe MacIntyre , Mickey (the dancer) MacIntyre,Archie
    MacIntyre: and first cousins : Long Joe MacIntyre and Peter MacIntyre.It was augmented in 1900 by two Jamiesons from Pipers Glen ,Cape Breton,Charlie and John.Charlie was married to a sister of Dan MacIntyre, which led to a popular belief thet to marry one of the MacIntyre girls
    was the only way to get into the band.
    I included a photo of the MacIntyre pipe band, taken in 1902, in my Gathering of the Clans collection. I also included a picture of John Jamieson. It is interesting to note that the MacIntyres came to Cape
    Breton in c.1828 from South Uist where they were hereditary pipers to
    the MacDonald of Clan Ranald.
    The Jamiesons were origianally from Canna, Scotland and every one in the family could play the pipes.Having been taught by by their father, Neil.

One Eyed Dan is my great great great great grandfather.

My name is Eric Smith

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)