• Has anyone listened to Christafari?

From dubroomcom@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 25 07:42:15 2016
    Christafari is a cult that makes a charicature of both Rastafari and Christianity. This has been established for many, mny years.

http://crc.dubroom.org/christafari.htm

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From copperti@gmail.com@21:1/5 to ZionIsHome on Mon Nov 30 10:12:54 2015
    On Thursday, July 26, 2001 at 5:26:07 PM UTC-6, ZionIsHome wrote:
    Greetings everyone. I'm not trying to start and argument or rehash an old subject but, it seems everyone has an opinion of Christafari's beliefs. I have
    seen many posts in regard to the subject, which I find quite interesting I might add. I'm wondering if anyone has listened to any of there recordings?

Blessed Love...

I have been listening to Christafari since I was 16 years old----I am 39 years old now. NO they DON'T suck @JahCedmon...just because someone has a belief different from yours, doesn't mean they suck, that's just your opinion.

Christafari has stayed firm in their Non-denominational Christian faith for 23+ years and hasn't waivered in their message of Love and Biblical teachings and Jesus.

As for Buju Banton and people like @Ras Mikael Enoch saying "righteous Buju Banton" and "I then cannot trust his accounts of Buju Banton with a knife," I submit to you THIS:

Mark Mohr has NEVER in at least the last 23+ years that I know of, promoted any anti-love message oriented music. He has denounced Selassie and promoted Jesus, shoot even Haile Selassie himself tried to set the Rastaman straight back in the day and they
    didn't listen ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1_Rm1Zo2Q8 ); much easier to continue down their path than turn to Christianity.

Furthermore, Buju Banton in one song ("Murderer") is talking about, "You eat the bread of sorrow drink the wine of violence" and in next ("Boom Bye Bye") he completely contradicts himself and is talking "World is in trouble Anytime Buju Banton come Batty
    bwoy get up an run, At gunshot me head back Hear I tell him now crew." So if you want to talk about trust and belief, Mark Mohr doesn't contradict himself or his faith, but Buju Banton does and is not consistent. I got it, Buju is anti-gay, ok fine, so
    is the Bible, but WE do not need to send a message of violence, but Buju as a Rastaman does, so what does that say about trusting his word if he can't even send a consistent message?

That out of the way, Christafari is a Jesus loving Christian band that will either produce positive vibes, promote Christianity and Jesus as the one true Savior, and they will denounce ANYTHING that doe not conform to the Holy Bible.

The Secular music industry will NEVER accept it because of this. They will call their music "sophomoric" or juvenile, and insult it in ANY way possible just to discredit them and not accept them. And that is OK, because even Jesus said "Everyone will
    hate you because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved," which is found in Mark 13:13, Matt 10:22, Luke 21:17, and John 15:18.

Jesus also said, "They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me," (John 15:21). So as far as I am concerned, I see live prophecy happening with all the haters out there and on this thread.

As for the quality of their music, on January 3rd, they "topped the Billboard charts for the second week in a row with our second album in a row!" And Billboard maintains their records: http://www.billboard.com/artist/299235/christafari/chart?f=336

religion aside, their music is good, and is quality Reggae. Haters gonna hate.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)