• Attention UK - John Hullah Guitars

From robbiefest@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 7 14:23:19 2020
    I have a 1995 model 601 ( whatever that means ) Cedar top, mahogany back and sides.
    Joined at the 14th fret but with the same cutaway as described above , ala breedlove.

I've owned it for about a year but haven't played it much until recently because I didn't really understand it. I'm usually a dreadnought man, liking the beef and volume of the big guitars. However, I also sometimes have a hankering for a smaller guitar
    such as an 000 or OM.

I've had the guitar up for sale with no bights at all, which I'm ok with. I've started to play it more and get to know the guitar. It has many lovely characteristics that are quite unique to it. It's light weight, wide but very shallow neck, the neck
    profile is almost classical, ie no radius at all. It sounds crisp, has fabulous sustain, is warm and organic , almost bluesy and yet at times sounds almost baroque or classical. It has great string definition and articulation and loves to be played
    gently and finger picked. In essence, to me, it's quite unique. The only guitar that I've owned that this reminds me of is an Ayers MICCR which I regret selling. The more I play the more I warm to it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Stephen Leak@21:1/5 to robbi...@gmail.com on Tue Nov 1 02:48:41 2022
    On Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 22:23:22 UTC+1, robbi...@gmail.com wrote:
    I have a 1995 model 601 ( whatever that means ) Cedar top, mahogany back and sides.
    Joined at the 14th fret but with the same cutaway as described above , ala breedlove.

I've owned it for about a year but haven't played it much until recently because I didn't really understand it. I'm usually a dreadnought man, liking the beef and volume of the big guitars. However, I also sometimes have a hankering for a smaller
    guitar such as an 000 or OM.

I've had the guitar up for sale with no bights at all, which I'm ok with. I've started to play it more and get to know the guitar. It has many lovely characteristics that are quite unique to it. It's light weight, wide but very shallow neck, the neck
    profile is almost classical, ie no radius at all. It sounds crisp, has fabulous sustain, is warm and organic , almost bluesy and yet at times sounds almost baroque or classical. It has great string definition and articulation and loves to be played
    gently and finger picked. In essence, to me, it's quite unique. The only guitar that I've owned that this reminds me of is an Ayers MICCR which I regret selling. The more I play the more I warm to it.
    Hi all,

Does anybody have or know anyone with a Hullah Classical guitar. Nearly bought one in 1982 after visiting his workshop in Presaton but it was out of my price range so bought a small 000 Martin instead?

Stephen Leak

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)