• I Need a Band Name

From larryjbrown9@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 8 16:23:24 2019
    Hello all, about a hundred (well, ten or so) years ago when I used to frequent this group, it seemed pretty often that some turn of phrase would come up that would prompt me or someone else to exclaim "Band name!". Of course, I never wrote any of them
    down, and now I'm trying to think of...a name for a band. If anybody has a suggestion or two I would appreciate the input. It's just a local pop/rock bar/events band in Mexico, female lead singer, guitar, piano, sax, drums. I don't imagine "That's
    already being used" would come up, copyright-wise or whatever.
    Thanks for any help.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From hubops@ccanoemail.ca@21:1/5 to larryjbrown9@gmail.com on Mon Jul 8 20:10:25 2019
    On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 16:23:24 -0700 (PDT), larryjbrown9@gmail.com wrote:

Hello all, about a hundred (well, ten or so) years ago when I used to frequent this group,
    it seemed pretty often that some turn of phrase would come up that would prompt me
    or someone else to exclaim "Band name!". Of course, I never wrote any of them down,
    and now I'm trying to think of...a name for a band. If anybody has a suggestion or two
    I would appreciate the input. It's just a local pop/rock bar/events band in Mexico,
    female lead singer, guitar, piano, sax, drums.
    I don't imagine "That's already being used" would come up, copyright-wise or whatever.
    Thanks for any help.

Little Miss Higgins and the Winnipeg Five :-)

John T.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From mark.bluemel@gmail.com@21:1/5 to larryj...@gmail.com on Tue Jul 9 04:34:03 2019
    On Tuesday, 9 July 2019 00:23:26 UTC+1, larryj...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello all, about a hundred (well, ten or so) years ago when I used to frequent this group, it seemed pretty often that some turn of phrase would come up that would prompt me or someone else to exclaim "Band name!". Of course, I never wrote any of them
    down, and now I'm trying to think of...a name for a band. If anybody has a suggestion or two I would appreciate the input. It's just a local pop/rock bar/events band in Mexico, female lead singer, guitar, piano, sax, drums. I don't imagine "That's
    Thanks for any help.

The Florida Iguanas came to mind as a band name recently, but I'm not convinced of the popularity.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steve Hawkins@21:1/5 to larryjbrown9@gmail.com on Tue Jul 9 14:15:14 2019
    larryjbrown9@gmail.com wrote in news:889b4725-0d2f-45b9-b038-6216f905fc82@googlegroups.com:

Hello all, about a hundred (well, ten or so) years ago when I used to frequent this group, it seemed pretty often that some turn of phrase
    would come up that would prompt me or someone else to exclaim "Band
    name!". Of course, I never wrote any of them down, and now I'm trying
    to think of...a name for a band. If anybody has a suggestion or two I
    would appreciate the input. It's just a local pop/rock bar/events band
    in Mexico, female lead singer, guitar, piano, sax, drums. I don't
    imagine "That's already being used" would come up, copyright-wise or whatever. Thanks for any help.

That Which Cannot Be Explained

Steve Hawkins

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steven Bornfeld@21:1/5 to larryjbrown9@gmail.com on Tue Jul 9 11:41:15 2019
    On 7/8/2019 7:23 PM, larryjbrown9@gmail.com wrote:
    Thanks for any help.

Are they Mexican or gringos?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From larryjbrown9@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Steven Bornfeld on Tue Jul 9 12:14:50 2019
    On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 10:41:16 AM UTC-5, Steven Bornfeld wrote:
    Hello all, about a hundred (well, ten or so) years ago when I used to frequent this group, it seemed pretty often that some turn of phrase would come up that would prompt me or someone else to exclaim "Band name!". Of course, I never wrote any of
    them down, and now I'm trying to think of...a name for a band. If anybody has a suggestion or two I would appreciate the input. It's just a local pop/rock bar/events band in Mexico, female lead singer, guitar, piano, sax, drums. I don't imagine "That's
    Thanks for any help.

A little of each, and the songs are mostly American pop/rock, so they are looking for a name in English.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From larryjbrown9@gmail.com@21:1/5 to hub...@ccanoemail.ca on Tue Jul 9 12:17:37 2019
    On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 7:08:31 PM UTC-5, hub...@ccanoemail.ca wrote:
    On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 16:23:24 -0700 (PDT), larryjbrown9@gmail.com wrote:

Hello all, about a hundred (well, ten or so) years ago when I used to frequent this group,
    it seemed pretty often that some turn of phrase would come up that would prompt me
    or someone else to exclaim "Band name!". Of course, I never wrote any of them down,
    and now I'm trying to think of...a name for a band. If anybody has a suggestion or two
    I would appreciate the input. It's just a local pop/rock bar/events band in Mexico,
    female lead singer, guitar, piano, sax, drums.
    I don't imagine "That's already being used" would come up, copyright-wise or whatever.
    Thanks for any help.

Little Miss Higgins and the Winnipeg Five :-)

John T.

Well I have to admit I got a chuckle out of that one, but I guess they would have to go with '...and the Guadalajara Five' though.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steven Bornfeld@21:1/5 to larryjbrown9@gmail.com on Tue Jul 9 15:52:42 2019
    On 7/9/2019 3:22 PM, larryjbrown9@gmail.com wrote:
    On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 2:14:52 PM UTC-5, larryj...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello all, about a hundred (well, ten or so) years ago when I used to frequent this group, it seemed pretty often that some turn of phrase would come up that would prompt me or someone else to exclaim "Band name!". Of course, I never wrote any of
    them down, and now I'm trying to think of...a name for a band. If anybody has a suggestion or two I would appreciate the input. It's just a local pop/rock bar/events band in Mexico, female lead singer, guitar, piano, sax, drums. I don't imagine "That's
    Thanks for any help.

A little of each, and the songs are mostly American pop/rock, so they are looking for a name in English.

Incidentally, nice to see at least a couple of old familiar names. I hope you are well and life is going good for you.

It is, and wish the same for you.

Steve

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From larryjbrown9@gmail.com@21:1/5 to larryj...@gmail.com on Tue Jul 9 12:22:19 2019
    On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 2:14:52 PM UTC-5, larryj...@gmail.com wrote:
    Thanks for any help.

Incidentally, nice to see at least a couple of old familiar names. I hope you are well and life is going good for you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From mark.bluemel@gmail.com@21:1/5 to larryj...@gmail.com on Wed Jul 10 01:03:31 2019
    On Tuesday, 9 July 2019 00:23:26 UTC+1, larryj...@gmail.com wrote:
    ...now I'm trying to think of...a name for a band.

I don't imagine "That's already being used" would come up

"Supporting Act" seems to get a lot of bookings.

"Free Beer" would draw an audience.

At a wedding a few years ago I saw/heard a great events band called
    "Got It Covered" - does what it says on the tin.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05