• Northworthy guitars

From isibun@hotmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 11 14:47:25 2019
    Several years ago I went into Vintage & rare guitars in Bath here in the UK to buy myself a Martin acoustic & ended up buying a Northworthy Ashover model, I’d never heard of Northworthy guitars before but playing several vintage Martin guitars I was
    won over by the Northworthy & I wouldn’t part with it for all the Martins in the world.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From hubops@ccanoemail.ca@21:1/5 to isibun@hotmail.com on Thu Apr 11 18:39:22 2019
    On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 14:47:25 -0700 (PDT), isibun@hotmail.com wrote:

Several years ago I went into Vintage & rare guitars in Bath here in the UK >to buy myself a Martin acoustic & ended up buying a Northworthy Ashover model,
    Id never heard of Northworthy guitars before but playing several vintage Martin guitars I was won over by the Northworthy &
    I wouldnt part with it for all the Martins in the world.

Yes you would.
    John T.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steven Bornfeld@21:1/5 to hubops@ccanoemail.ca on Thu Apr 11 19:08:02 2019
    On 4/11/2019 6:39 PM, hubops@ccanoemail.ca wrote:
    On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 14:47:25 -0700 (PDT), isibun@hotmail.com wrote:

Several years ago I went into Vintage & rare guitars in Bath here in the UK >> to buy myself a Martin acoustic & ended up buying a Northworthy Ashover model,
    I’d never heard of Northworthy guitars before but playing several vintage >> Martin guitars I was won over by the Northworthy &
    I wouldn’t part with it for all the Martins in the world.

Yes you would.
    John T.

LOL!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David Cunniffe@21:1/5 to Steve Hayward on Mon May 31 07:49:14 2021
    Hi Steve

I have a Northworthy Ashover Custom, Tasmanian’s Blackwood back and side, spruce top, mahogany neck, ebony fret board and jumbo frets. It’s “000” Martin size and has the volume and output of a dreadnought. The only guitar I have that projects
    better is my Martin J40 and that’s much bigger. Wonderful guitar.
    Regards
    Dave

On Saturday, 5 August 2000 at 08:00:00 UTC+1, Steve Hayward wrote:
    I've heard a couple of very glowing reports of Northworthy Guitars recently
    I would like to hear a couple, in particular the Ellastone Special and Ellastone Special with a Cedar top.
    The problem is, where can I hear them?
    I mean, who on earth would buy a new Hi-Fi without hearing it first?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05