• Anyone hear of Luther named...

From nov8v1@gmail.com@21:1/5 to rolo...@pacbell.net on Wed Nov 28 11:50:16 2018
    On Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 5:11:58 PM UTC-6, rolo...@pacbell.net wrote:
    On Saturday, August 28, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, markh wrote:
    Dear Guitar maker Group,

My first post and a question. Does anyone heard of a Luther named Jose Mario Martello? Not sure if I spelt his name right.

I met this man in the early 1970's his shop was in his converted garage attached to his house in a conventional city home in either
    Concord or Walnut Creek , California. He had a guitar near or at completion it was a flat-top folk
    jumbo size if I remember correctly, with lots of gorgeous inlay. It was
    in the middle $2K - $3K price range. He had said the guitar was for I think it was either Stephen Still or David Crosby (who I as
    Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young). I was in my early 20's but thought it funny that he didn't play or at least play according to him very well,
    but I understood.

Just in passing a father came into his shop followed by his son and
    son's buddy, while I was there one afternoon. The father was irate
    about the broken neck on the Paul McCartney base (sorry if misspelt).
    The neck had separated at the base of the body. The father, while the guitar maker checked the instrument, complained that the son promised
    that he would polish the instrument up every day. You
    know typical over zealous pop. Jose was very calm about the whole thing and said he just bought this new (I believe it wa a
    lincoln) car and was going to be didn't polish it like he hoped he
    would. With that the dad seemed to have calmed down.
    Anyway the whole situation was pretty interesting. I was there just to have a pick guard added to my guitar a cheap $65.00
    guitar that I still have.

Enjoyed sharing this story but would like to know it anyone whew of him.

Thanks

Mark Holt

I'm his son, Rolando and your account is fairly on target. He lived and worked in Concord and Martinez California. David Crosby owned one of his guitars. I have his last guitar he made before he passed away in October 2006.

Hi, Rolando - DeLara in San Marcos TX. I just saw an estate sale beginning tomorrow, 11.28.18 in Canyon Lake Texas that has a guitar made by your father listed as one of the items for sale. It is absolutely gorgeous!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)