• Charles S. Tauber, Luthier - Web site

From gerrdj@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jun 30 16:45:52 2018
    I've been looking over some info about intonation you posted years ago. I have a situation I can't resolve, but maybe you can. The harmonic and fretted tones on the 6 string are identical, but slightly lower than E. Fretted at the 5th fret, the 6
    string tones slightly high of A. These effects seem to be contradictory. Any suggestions?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From mark.bluemel@gmail.com@21:1/5 to ger...@gmail.com on Mon Jul 2 01:22:06 2018
    On Sunday, 1 July 2018 00:45:54 UTC+1, ger...@gmail.com wrote:
    I've been looking over some info about intonation you posted years ago. I have a situation I can't resolve, but maybe you can. The harmonic and fretted tones on the 6 string are identical, but slightly lower than E. Fretted at the 5th fret, the 6 string tones slightly high of A. These effects seem to be contradictory. Any suggestions?

The last post in this thread (prior to yours) is just short of 22 years old. I doubt Charles is even looking here (a virtually dead group) these days.

He has contact details at http://www.charlestauber.com/luthier/About_Me.html - you'd probably do better trying that route.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)