• A visit to Wilson Road in King of Prussia

From jmcnyc0@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Michael Fisher on Fri Dec 1 17:54:53 2017
    On Tuesday, December 5, 1995 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Michael Fisher wrote:
    During Colonel Forbin narration at Hershey, Trey mentioned King of Prussia.
    It was hard to hear what he was saying sometimes, but I distinctly heard
    him say "Go to King of Prussia. Go to Wilson Road and go up the hill. When you get to the top, and you think you're there, keep going, 'cause you're not." Also, there was something about a rhombus. Now everyone heard something, its just we heard it slightly different than each other. I'll have to hear the tape to be 100% sure of anything.
    It just happened I was taking my friend Dawn to her 1st Phish show, and she lives in King of Prussia! The city/town basically revolves around these huge two shopping malls right next to each other. I had to go check this clue out, so I went there last night. Directly across the street (Rt. 202) from the malls is Wilson Road. It is short, around 200 meters long. It has a slight incline leading up and away from the malls (no hill or mountain) and just connects Rt. 202 with another road. At the other end of the road, away from the malls, there is a small playground (no rhombi), an apartment
    complex being built (no rhombi here either) and then a cemetary. It was
    dark, so I didn't want to go creeping around. I'll have to go back this weekend and look for a dead Mr. Rhombus or Mr. Wilson. But basically, I didn't find a thing. I'm beginning to think that Trey had no idea that there was actually a Wilson Road in KofP when he told the story - he was just improvising.

Mik Fisher
    <mfisher@bbl.ameridata.com>
    traders welcome
    "They were doing a full back shot of me in a swimsuit and I thought, Oh my God, I have to be so brave. See, every woman hates herself from behind." -- Cindy Crawford

Hey guys just a heads up.. just got back from KoP.. rhombus: confirmed.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Nick P@21:1/5 to All on Tue Mar 26 13:29:23 2019
    What was King of Prussia like in 1995 in contract to today? Everything is so built up and new now. It reminds me of Denver Tech Center, or the Buckhead section of Atlanta, or the Irvine Spectrum area.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Loony@21:1/5 to Michael Fisher on Wed Jul 31 19:50:14 2019
    Well, Michael, I will reply here all these many years later. I love that you wrote this question the very first year you took me to my first show at the Mann. One of the cool things about Wilson road is that it is not too far from it, on the other side
    of the K of M mall, is Goddard Boulevard.

Of course now we all know where the Rhombus is, in Princeton, but back in 1995 most of us had no clue.

I miss the days of Telnet and this usenet group, but like Scott Bernstein told me, it would be silly to Telnet anywhere these days since it's not secure.

How phun would it be to jump back to 1995, but ya know what it is pretty good that we are still seeing the best band in 2019. Here is to More, more and more Phish. And that they should all be In good health for many happy years ahead.

On Tuesday, December 5, 1995 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Michael Fisher wrote:
    During Colonel Forbin narration at Hershey, Trey mentioned King of Prussia.
    It was hard to hear what he was saying sometimes, but I distinctly heard him say "Go to King of Prussia. Go to Wilson Road and go up the hill. When you get to the top, and you think you're there, keep going, 'cause you're not." Also, there was something about a rhombus. Now everyone heard something, its just we heard it slightly different than each other. I'll have to hear the tape to be 100% sure of anything.
    It just happened I was taking my friend Dawn to her 1st Phish show, and she lives in King of Prussia! The city/town basically revolves around these huge two shopping malls right next to each other. I had to go check this clue out, so I went there last night. Directly across the street (Rt. 202) from the malls is Wilson Road. It is short, around 200 meters long. It has a slight incline leading up and away from the malls (no hill or mountain) and just connects Rt. 202 with another road. At the other end of the road, away from the malls, there is a small playground (no rhombi), an apartment complex being built (no rhombi here either) and then a cemetary. It was dark, so I didn't want to go creeping around. I'll have to go back this weekend and look for a dead Mr. Rhombus or Mr. Wilson. But basically, I didn't find a thing. I'm beginning to think that Trey had no idea that there was actually a Wilson Road in KofP when he told the story - he was just improvising.

Mik Fisher
    <mfisher@bbl.ameridata.com>
    traders welcome
    "They were doing a full back shot of me in a swimsuit and I thought, Oh my God, I have to be so brave. See, every woman hates herself from behind." -- Cindy Crawford

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05