• =?UTF-8?Q?What=27s_the_meaning_of_=D0=B2_in_Russian_accordion_sheets?=

From rolandlongbow@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Feb 9 16:02:34 2019
    In the Russian accordion sheet, "Вечер на рейде (Vecher na rejde)", (http://www.russian-garmon.ru/noty/item/vecher-na-rejde), the Russian letter, в, appears three times below the lower staff (with bass clef) under the bass note C.

The Roman transcription of the Cyrillic letter, в, is v.

If that bass note C is indeed C, it is kind of hard to reach in this piece. With the letter в below it, has the note C been altered to something else?

(FYI: In the sheet, the letter Б refers to Major Chord, and М refers to Minor Chord.)

Thank you,

Roland

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Ike Milligan@21:1/5 to rolandlongbow@gmail.com on Mon Feb 11 12:29:32 2019
    On 2/9/2019 7:02 PM, rolandlongbow@gmail.com wrote:
    In the Russian accordion sheet, "Вечер на рейде (Vecher na rejde)", (http://www.russian-garmon.ru/noty/item/vecher-na-rejde), the Russian letter, в, appears three times below the lower staff (with bass clef) under the bass note C.

The Roman transcription of the Cyrillic letter, в, is v.

If that bass note C is indeed C, it is kind of hard to reach in this piece. With the letter в below it, has the note C been altered to something else?

(FYI: In the sheet, the letter Б refers to Major Chord, and М refers to Minor Chord.)

Thank you,

Roland

Since it appears under a E7 I can only surmise that it means use the counter-bass under the G# if this is for a 120 bass accordion.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ike Milligan@21:1/5 to rolandlongbow@gmail.com on Tue Feb 19 12:41:26 2019
    On 2/19/2019 12:36 AM, rolandlongbow@gmail.com wrote:
    On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 12:29:24 PM UTC-5, Ike wrote:

Since it appears under a E7 I can only surmise that it means use the
    counter-bass under the G# if this is for a 120 bass accordion.

Thanks for the reply. I have seen other sheets with notes in parentheses (). Based on the explanation I can find, it means notes that are out of the ordinary, and it should be played as it is---if you can, and it can be ignored or skipped---if it's too
    difficult for you to reach. I suppose the Russian letter, в, means the same thing.

It could mean a counter bass because that might be easier to reach in
    the context of the bass progression. Otherwise you would use the B. You
    have an augmented 7th with the C unless there are are 4 note basses,
    e.g. if the 5th has been removed in the modern bass system the E G# and
    C would not clash with the B in the 4-note bass system.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05