• Chicon 8, the 80th World Science Fiction Convention

From EricC@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 10 12:57:54 2022
    I told myself that I was not likely to attend a WorldCon again. I certainly was not going to help run a con again.

So, for reasons I cannot completely explain, I am the Music & Filk Area Head for Chicon 8, the 80th World Science Fiction Convention.

That means I am starting to look for performers and ideas for panels. If you are planning on attending Chicon, and want a concert slot, or want to talk about something nifty, let me know.

Also, so they can get info to you, follow the steps below and get yourself in the Chicon database of potential Program Participants. That will help once you are able to start signing up for panels.

Chicon.org
    What's Happening
    Program
    Scroll down a bit
    Chicon 8 Program Participant Interest Form

I am looking for Filk, Folk, Wizard Wrock, Nerdcore, Ren Faire, and any other sort of music that con-goers would be interested in. If you are uncertain whether you would fit, talk to me.

I can be reached at eric.coleman at chicon.org.

This is going to be a lot of fun. So join in!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Joe Kesselman@21:1/5 to would have on Mon Jan 10 23:14:28 2022
    I am the Music & Filk Area Head for Chicon 8

Congratulations, commiserations, and words like that there (as my father
    would have said).

I am looking for Filk, Folk, Wizard Wrock, Nerdcore, Ren Faire, and any other sort of music that con-goers would be interested in. If you are uncertain whether you would fit, talk to me.

Definitely approve of casting a wide net. Randy Hoffman's been unusually
    good at being aware of the various streams, from what I've heard; you
    may want to pick his brains for ideas.

I have a supporting membership for ChiCon (want to nominate and vote on Hugos!), but I'm not sure I'll be up to an in-person con this year,
    especially one which involves travel. Playing very much by ear.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)