• Re: Removed! Romophone 0870010 Christmas from a Golden Age

From Rail Road@21:1/5 to Frank Forman on Thu Oct 28 14:30:15 2021
    On Saturday, February 14, 2015 at 9:38:29 PM UTC, Frank Forman wrote:
    Removed! Romophone 0870010 Christmas from a Golden Age

Though I had Googled this recording, I did not realize that it is is being sold by Naxos, until a friend told me. I have given matter considerable thought about this.

My whole effort is to bring to the world great old recordings of classical music, I do not upload recordings on small, courageous labels. The reason
    is that I do not want to take away financial incentives for their
    continuing to do good work, even as it is that the European copyrights
    have expired.

Ditto for certain recordings on the major labels, as I want them to be continued to be marketed. An example is the Helmut Walcha recordings of
    the Bach organ works.

There have been ten downloads of the Romophone? I do not know what the net loss to Naxos would be. I'd have to subtract all the markups from manufacturer to customer. But how much should I subtract for the net flow into Naxos? Not the full amount, since Naxos did not produce this CD for nothing. Not the average cost but the marginal cost of 10 additional
    units, which may be on the order of a dollar. (Also, several of the ten
    who downloaded the disc may be inspired to buy a full copy, esp. ones who find my .mp3 transformation to be a "deal breaker."

I suggest those among the ten who are not going to buy the Naxos reprint
    to simply buy a Naxos recording they otherwise would not. Or send a check
    for a dollar to them. I no longer buy CDs, because of my hearing, though.

I don't have all that many CDs of historic recordings left that I have not already uploaded. There are 40 albums (not singles) on Music & Arts and 30 more on Naxos. The file I am looing at has 128 albums. That's 58 left, but I'll have to find out which of the 58 have not, in fact, been uploaded.

Discussion most welcome!

Thanks this is useful info, i have bought the Naxos CD.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)