• TUNESMITH

From rtdison@gmail.com@21:1/5 to ojo on Mon Feb 13 14:05:47 2017
    On Tuesday, April 11, 1995 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, ojo wrote:
    In article <3mdsbd$3iv@netaxs.com>
    cheefdan@netaxs.com (Dan Roth) writes:

It was (not including Norman's "Solid Rock") the first label I remember doing anything interesting in CCM. Solid Rock was already in existence when
    I started listening to Christian music, so I kind of tooke it for granted. (What a fool I was.) But TUNESMITH was the exciting new kid on the block.

I know MANY artists who claim to have suffered a great deal at the
    hands of this label.Undercover was appraoached by them after God Rules
    came out and we passed on the advice of some friends. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

O. Joseph Taylor "Rob the average man of his life-illusion and Brainstorm Artists you rob him also of his happiness"
    Undercover, UCLA, etc. - Henrik Ibsen,The Wild Duck ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hi my name is artie I had also an experience with Praise records
    I had an album with them titled Freeway.... do you know if they exist in any way today? I would like to find out i want my copyright back can you help me. this was back in 1981

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From rtdison@gmail.com@21:1/5 to walter gorlitz on Mon Feb 13 14:05:01 2017
    On Wednesday, April 12, 1995 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, walter gorlitz wrote:
    In article <3mdsbd$3iv@netaxs.com>, cheefdan@netaxs.com (Dan Roth) wrote:

Anybody fondly remember this label?

It was (not including Norman's "Solid Rock") the first label I remember >doing anything interesting in CCM. Solid Rock was already in existence when >I started listening to Christian music, so I kind of tooke it for granted. >(What a fool I was.) But TUNESMITH was the exciting new kid on the block.

Their releases included:

Servant "Shallow Water" & "Rockin' Revival"
    Quickflight "Breakaway"
    Amaziah "Amaziah" (the worst album I've ever heard!) ;)

anyone fondly remember other releases on this label?

------- Please note my new address: cheefdan@netaccess.com --------------

"I like my way of doing it better than your way of not doing it." --D.L. Moody

They were out of Burnaby, BC, Canada. It was run by Paul Yaroshuck and one
    of the guys who did a lot of leg work for him was called Chuck Clemets. Tunesmith was the "rock" end of his business. He also had a mellower label called Newborn. They distributed other US lables. At the head office they also sold all the albums at about one quarter what it would have cost in
    the music stores.

I worked from them for about a day when they needed help, since I was
    plugged into the Christian music scene even back there. I had to package
    and send out all the second Hanke Laake album, Life And Death. I did some cover shoots for them as well.

He was not very much liked by musicians, although he did put out some
    great albums for that time, Servant, Quickflight, Randall Waller, Iva and others are still favourites from that time.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    | walter gorlitz | "The Christian life is about |
    | Vancouver, BC, Canada | the beginning of hope, |
    | walter_gorlitz@mindlink.bc.ca | not the end of struggle." |
    | or CIS:70404,416 | Brent Bourgeois |

I had an album with them titled Freeway.... do you know if they exist in any way today? I would like to find out i want my copyright back can you help me. this was back in 1981

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From rtdison@gmail.com@21:1/5 to walter gorlitz on Mon Feb 13 14:06:14 2017

It was (not including Norman's "Solid Rock") the first label I remember >doing anything interesting in CCM. Solid Rock was already in existence when >I started listening to Christian music, so I kind of tooke it for granted. >(What a fool I was.) But TUNESMITH was the exciting new kid on the block.

Their releases included:

Quickflight "Breakaway"

They were out of Burnaby, BC, Canada. It was run by Paul Yaroshuck and one
    of the guys who did a lot of leg work for him was called Chuck Clemets. Tunesmith was the "rock" end of his business. He also had a mellower label called Newborn. They distributed other US lables. At the head office they also sold all the albums at about one quarter what it would have cost in
    the music stores.

I worked from them for about a day when they needed help, since I was
    plugged into the Christian music scene even back there. I had to package
    and send out all the second Hanke Laake album, Life And Death. I did some cover shoots for them as well.

great albums for that time, Servant, Quickflight, Randall Waller, Iva and others are still favourites from that time.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From rtdison@gmail.com@21:1/5 to rtd...@gmail.com on Mon Feb 13 14:07:44 2017
    On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 2:06:15 PM UTC-8, rtd...@gmail.com wrote:

It was (not including Norman's "Solid Rock") the first label I remember >doing anything interesting in CCM. Solid Rock was already in existence when
    I started listening to Christian music, so I kind of tooke it for granted. >(What a fool I was.) But TUNESMITH was the exciting new kid on the block.

Their releases included:

Quickflight "Breakaway"

They were out of Burnaby, BC, Canada. It was run by Paul Yaroshuck and one of the guys who did a lot of leg work for him was called Chuck Clemets. Tunesmith was the "rock" end of his business. He also had a mellower label called Newborn. They distributed other US lables. At the head office they also sold all the albums at about one quarter what it would have cost in the music stores.

I worked from them for about a day when they needed help, since I was plugged into the Christian music scene even back there. I had to package and send out all the second Hanke Laake album, Life And Death. I did some cover shoots for them as well.

my email address is rtdison@gmail.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From rtdison@gmail.com@21:1/5 to rtd...@gmail.com on Mon Feb 13 14:08:21 2017
    On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 2:05:02 PM UTC-8, rtd...@gmail.com wrote:

It was (not including Norman's "Solid Rock") the first label I remember >doing anything interesting in CCM. Solid Rock was already in existence when
    I started listening to Christian music, so I kind of tooke it for granted. >(What a fool I was.) But TUNESMITH was the exciting new kid on the block.

Their releases included:

Quickflight "Breakaway"

They were out of Burnaby, BC, Canada. It was run by Paul Yaroshuck and one of the guys who did a lot of leg work for him was called Chuck Clemets. Tunesmith was the "rock" end of his business. He also had a mellower label called Newborn. They distributed other US lables. At the head office they also sold all the albums at about one quarter what it would have cost in the music stores.

I worked from them for about a day when they needed help, since I was plugged into the Christian music scene even back there. I had to package and send out all the second Hanke Laake album, Life And Death. I did some cover shoots for them as well.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From rtdison@gmail.com@21:1/5 to rtd...@gmail.com on Mon Feb 13 14:09:56 2017
    On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 2:05:02 PM UTC-8, rtd...@gmail.com wrote:

Their releases included:

Quickflight "Breakaway"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05