• Heard of Harry Gore?

From C Douglas Edwards@21:1/5 to jkane on Sun Oct 25 09:02:49 2020
    On Monday, January 30, 1995 at 7:28:42 PM UTC-5, jkane wrote:
    In article <3get6t$8...@cronkite.seas.gwu.edu>, ba...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu (William Constantine Tsimpris) says:
    Just wondering here if anyone has heard of Harry Gore & the Measles.
    Actually, the Measles (I would presume a collection of Richmond, Va >Christian musicians) don't do much. It's almost all Harry Gore. Which
    I know Harry fairly well, and I know two other members of the original Measles, the bass player and drummer, who are now in another band that
    is getting ready to release their first album. I don't have Harry's album yet, so I don't know if Damon and Kevin are on it, but I kind of doubt it.
    If I'm not mistaken though, isn't this album just Harry Gore? I was under
    the impression that when Kevin & Damon left, the Measles became extinct.
    If you wouldn't mind, check the credits and see who's listed as bass and drums, and let me know if it's really "& the Measles"
    Out the Window," give it a listen. Harry Gore works at a Christian >bookstore in Richmond (I've talked to him a few times, super guy, knows >everything about every type of music), and when I bought the CD from him,
    He works in Logo's bookstore in Richmond, and you aren't kidding about his knowledge. Every time I go in there looking for an album, I know he'll
    be able to find it, no matter what it is. The tapes and CD's in the store
    are in no logical order, yet he can immediately pick out the exact album
    that you're looking for. Great guy, and from the music I've heard of his,
    a great musician.
    As a sidenote, he re-wrote the lyrics to "Enter Sandman" by Metallica, and
    he played it with the other band I mentioned, New Frontier, in concert
    once. Let me tell you, they SMOKED!!!! Unfortunately, neither band will
    ever record that one, for copyright reasons... :(
    Anyway, just thought you'd like to hear that info
    jeremy kane
    jk...@vt.edu
    new frontier??? wasn't this rick henretty's band? or maybe he had something familiar in name.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From C Douglas Edwards@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 25 09:00:33 2020
    On Monday, February 6, 1995 at 5:07:49 AM UTC-5, MarkRTT1 wrote:
    If any of you pals of Harry Gore bump into him, tell him Mark from This
    Train says hello. I only get to see him at C-Stone...
    True Tunes Is now Carrying his new CD, also.
    -Mark
    Harry is a true RVA icon. Haven't seen him in a while, but i don't walk the streets of downtown etc. anymore. I live in modern day suburbia. I'm sure our paths will cross at some point. I worked with a guy a few years ago who plays bass, and would
    sometimes play with harry at open mic night somewhere down in chesterfield. Guy's name was mitch...long bearded last i saw of him. He was with me at Amazon but then moved to Facebook.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)