• The group called Hope of Glory?

From floydreaux@sbcglobal.net@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 26 08:14:03 2015
    Sir. I would also like a copy of whatever Hope of Glory you have on cd
    My email is floydreaux@sbcglobal.net
    Thanks
    Allen

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From sportsplus.emb@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jan 6 04:38:36 2016
    I am also VERY interested in getting the music of Hope of Glory. If anyone can hook me up with their music I would greatly appreciate it. My email is sportsplus.emb@gmail.com. I live in Virginia but grew up in Dallas, Texas. I, too, got to see them in
    concert....LOVED THEM! I used to have the vinyl...but lost it through the years.

Thanks,
    Rachel

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From douglashugill@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Mar 6 18:43:10 2016
    I remember playing their album over and over, at the age of 13. One song said...Christian, how did your life get in the shape it's in? You didn't even realize the things that you were doing they were wrapped in sin. I can't tell you where you went
    wrong, but Jesus blood can make you strong. All you have to do is to look upon His face. All you have to do is step inside His grace.
    Now you've heard the message and the words that we've all had to say. We've lifted song and speech and our hands, and pointed to the way......
    Sorry if I messed up any words.
    What a blessing that album was to me as a struggling 13 year old raised in church, the world of the 70's started to wrap its hands around me....but God...in His infinite Grace was warring for my soul, and we are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From auntjemimalite32514@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 1 20:11:56 2016
    They have another album called "Under the Spout Where the Glory Comes Out". This is the only albumn my parents ever bought. The names on this albumn are: Van Wilkes; Hank Alrich; Mary Egan; Tom Reed; Tomas People; Ed Vizard and Kerry (no last name given.
    There is no address or date but I know it had to be late 70's (77 to 79).
    Karen

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From steveg@nwi.net@21:1/5 to auntjemim...@gmail.com on Sat Jun 25 21:40:27 2016
    On Friday, April 1, 2016 at 8:11:57 PM UTC-7, auntjemim...@gmail.com wrote:
    They have another album called "Under the Spout Where the Glory Comes Out". This is the only albumn my parents ever bought. The names on this albumn are: Van Wilkes; Hank Alrich; Mary Egan; Tom Reed; Tomas People; Ed Vizard and Kerry (no last name
    given. There is no address or date but I know it had to be late 70's (77 to 79).
    Karen

Karen, yes it was around 73 and I have the album and trying to put on cd.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From roatanbob@gmail.com@21:1/5 to ste...@nwi.net on Wed Jul 5 18:29:30 2017
    On Friday, July 6, 2012 at 6:44:18 PM UTC-6, ste...@nwi.net wrote:
    On Tuesday, May 21, 2002 9:15:54 AM UTC-7, Jimbo156 wrote:
    I am in South Texas. Back in the late 70s or early 80s, there was a
    group
    playing in churches in Texas called THE HOPE of GLORY. I recall at
    least one album of their music. They had guitars and a drummer, but
    it was far from rock...there is really nothing even close to the style
    of music that they played. It was not at all raucous, the drums were
    very subdued/light, never a heavy beat. Really inspirational. Anyway,
    I was trying to find info about them, about name of album released, possible source, etc. but a Google search (as I thought) turned up
    nothing on any group by this name. I met them once, but have long
    since forgotten all of the members' names. The group may have
    disbanded 20 years ago, and they were sure never nationally known.
    There is now a group called "Song of Glory" in SOuth Texas....that's
    not them! Any ideas?

Bubba chambers, Rick Thigpen, Gary Ingram, Melvin Marr were the main men. I have converted all thier albums over to CD's and mp3 and still enjoy them. Bubba Chambers is on Facebook.

Would you be willing to share your MP3 for the Hope of Glory Album? I have been seeking it out for quite some time. Thanks! roatanbob@gmail.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From mysay67@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jan 7 08:52:33 2018
    Hi Steve,
    So grateful the Lord had Hope of Glory come to Georgia Southern, Statesboro, Georgia.

Please let me know how I may purchase the CD

Gratefully His,

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From lmerriman.bps@catoosa.k12.ga.us@21:1/5 to All on Sat Feb 10 21:23:36 2018
    Melvin, if you still check this thread - my brother, Alex, was your roadie a summer or two. He is trying to get in touch. Please contact me at lmerriman.bps@catoosa.k12.ga.us

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From cgadude44@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Mar 24 10:42:17 2018
    I would gladly pay for a digital copy of the Second Look album if possible.

Thank you
    Ray Christensen
    www.mrsnorthway.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From didrawdy26@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 6 14:11:13 2018
    I have four albums though the first one is not as good of shape as the last three. I have converted e everything to digital.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From shan.gastineau@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jun 30 04:56:22 2018
    I was deeply affected by the band Hope of Glory when they came through Atlanta in 1973 and 1974. Would love to know how to purchase any albums that have been converted to digital. Thank you. shan.gastineau@gmail.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From parkerface74@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jan 10 15:10:53 2020
    I sang in the chorus with Tim Wade at Waycross Highschool, back in the 70's. I was at the concert when you guys enlisted Tim. What ever happened to him?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jenniferwoolsey33@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jan 15 19:09:34 2020
    My dad is Gary Ingram, the drummer. My parents still have all the albums. I have enjoyed reading all the comments.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From dt76823@yahoo.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jan 15 20:50:40 2020
    I’m also interested in the group Hope of Glory, but I believe everyone else on this thread is talking about a different group, one that had a different style of music. I had the album Which Side Are You On And I played it endlessly! I want a CD of
    theirs again!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sidneylynne74@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 7 04:41:06 2020
    We used to go see them in Atlanta at The Joyful Noise. I have two of their albums. Always enjoyed their music

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bchambers3@live.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 12 19:22:01 2020
    Hey, Bubba Chambers here from
    'The Hope of Glory/The Hope. Just saw a
    thread from many folks asking
    about records. Some from along time ago.
    None of our stuff has been digitized at this point,
    but I'm looking into it.

I'm also currently in the studio cutting a new record.
    Some of the guys from the band are on it as well.
    I post updates periodically on my Facebook page.
    Thanks so much for all the kind remarks. I've been encouraged. Jesus is Lord. 😎🎶

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From psiigii77@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 12 08:02:08 2020
    I first saw you in the early-mid 70s at our home church in Columbia, SC. I have 2 or 3 of your albums incl the self-titled one. Were you together in 1973? Did you tour then? The reason I ask is because the first verses I memorized were Col. 1:26-29, w/1:
    27 being the "foundational" verse of your band. I had an "emotional acceptance encounter" and responded to an altar call at a youth retreat in 1969, but it wasn't until early Feb in 1973 when I completely gave my heart to Jesus. Within 6 weeks I was
    leading Bible studies for our youth group with some help from my pastor and a Vice Principal at my high school... and then you came to our church! Reflecting on my first memory verse (your verse: Col. 1:26-29!) this AM reminded me of you and brought me
    here! I'm SO glad to see you're "still here", given the falling away/departure of so many of our generations over the years. Thanks so much for encouraging us to memorize the Word back then, so long ago! Outside of the Navigators and folks like you, few
    talked of the importance of memorization back then.
    I pray thus finds you well and hope to hear more of your journey.
    Howard Meyer
    psiigii77@gmail.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Kevin Jacks@21:1/5 to psii...@gmail.com on Tue Sep 22 19:33:19 2020
    On Friday, June 12, 2020 at 10:02:09 AM UTC-5, psii...@gmail.com wrote:
    I first saw you in the early-mid 70s at our home church in Columbia, SC. I have 2 or 3 of your albums incl the self-titled one. Were you together in 1973? Did you tour then? The reason I ask is because the first verses I memorized were Col. 1:26-29, w/
    1:27 being the "foundational" verse of your band. I had an "emotional acceptance encounter" and responded to an altar call at a youth retreat in 1969, but it wasn't until early Feb in 1973 when I completely gave my heart to Jesus. Within 6 weeks I was
    leading Bible studies for our youth group with some help from my pastor and a Vice Principal at my high school... and then you came to our church! Reflecting on my first memory verse (your verse: Col. 1:26-29!) this AM reminded me of you and brought me
    here! I'm SO glad to see you're "still here", given the falling away/departure of so many of our generations over the years. Thanks so much for encouraging us to memorize the Word back then, so long ago! Outside of the Navigators and folks like you, few
    talked of the importance of memorization back then.
    I pray thus finds you well and hope to hear more of your journey.
    Howard Meyer
    psii...@gmail.com
    Back around 1973 I was in high school and asked to preach at a youth night at a church in Houston. Afterward a band called The Hope of Glory performed in a small house converted to a youth building. Later I went to hear them in concert where it was
    announced that Bubba was getting married and that they had just bought their first tour bus. I remember one of the members was leaving to go back to play for a then famous rock band. Now this is about 47 years later and I hope I remember the facts. I
    just got my 8 track of their first album called THE Hope of Glory converted to CD. I do not believe it was produced by Tempo. Songs I loved - Power in the Blood, Motorcycle, Daybreak Joy, Jesus He's More plus all the rest. I just got the 8 track
    converted to cd and found I could still sing along and remembered the words. Two women also performed and had beautiful voices but their names are not mentioned. I think Bubba married one of them. I just reconnected with a church friend from back then
    and he remembered the names of the band members and mentioned they were the source of him playing in Christian bands and leading the music for churches. As the Blues Brothers said, "It's time to get the band together again."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Lori Gregg@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 17 17:44:13 2022
    Back in the early 70's, Hope of Glory spent about a week in Kingville, Texas, then went a little north to Corpus Christi. In Kingsville, the band met a young long haired blonde haired girl that ran around barefoot and blue jeans mostly. She also liked
    to do hand embroidery.
    I embroidered Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon triangular rainbow on the back of a blue jean jacket and a sunrise on the back pocket of a pair of blue jeans and I think with a dove.
    If anyone remembers, I like to say "Hi!" and thank you for your kindness. I still remember ya'll, especially Melvin.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Paula Ford@21:1/5 to Lori Gregg on Thu May 18 20:08:59 2023
    On Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 7:44:14 PM UTC-5, Lori Gregg wrote:
    Back in the early 70's, Hope of Glory spent about a week in Kingville, Texas, then went a little north to Corpus Christi. In Kingsville, the band met a young long haired blonde haired girl that ran around barefoot and blue jeans mostly. She also liked
    to do hand embroidery.
    I embroidered Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon triangular rainbow on the back of a blue jean jacket and a sunrise on the back pocket of a pair of blue jeans and I think with a dove.
    If anyone remembers, I like to say "Hi!" and thank you for your kindness. I still remember ya'll, especially Melvin.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Kevin Jacks@21:1/5 to Lori Gregg on Fri Sep 8 05:58:05 2023
    On Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 7:44:14 PM UTC-5, Lori Gregg wrote:
    to do hand embroidery.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Kevin Jacks@21:1/5 to kwsu...@gmail.com on Fri Sep 8 05:56:36 2023
    On Monday, June 22, 2015 at 12:02:06 PM UTC-5, kwsu...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Friday, February 20, 2015 at 8:59:56 AM UTC-6, samca...@fumcbridgeport.org wrote:
    On Friday, February 20, 2015 at 8:53:04 AM UTC-6, samca...@fumcbridgeport.org wrote:
    On Sunday, June 29, 2014 at 10:56:23 PM UTC-5, ste...@nwi.net wrote:
    I have all on digital and can make CD's and I have Bubba's permission. Only charge for the cost of shipping and 50 cents for the actual CD. can contact me at ste...@nwi.net

On Thursday, June 12, 2014 3:52:58 PM UTC-7, roat...@gmail.com wrote:
    We all want to purchase the Same Sweet Song album music by the Hope Of Glory...come on Bubba...help us out please!

I am emailing you Steve about the cds.
    rev.sam....@gmail.com

I heard Hope of Glory at Wichita Falls (TX) High School in about 1973-4. I was so moved by their music, especially their rendition of "Power in the Blood". And particularly the song "Only Jesus" which I performed at my brother's wedding several years
    later in 1981 with a Fender Rhodes. :) Those days are just gone. I am a United Methodist Pastor in Bridgeport Texas. fumcbridgeport.org
    All, has anyone received the copies of The Hope of Glory music? I would love a copy as well. - keith

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05