• ROKY ERICKSON tribute, BRIDGET ST JOHN interview

From Jason Gross@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 30 18:12:15 2019
    Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <http://www.furious.com/perfect/index1019.html>, you'll find (among other things):

- ROKY ERICKSON
    RIP a raging demon by Alan Crandall
    "Even assuming the lyrics could be understood; the usual problem of deciphering rock lyrics was exacerbated by the fact that Erickson's phraseology was so completely bizarre. At the same time, in the great tradition of rock and roll, a phrase would leap
    out of the mix and catch your ear good and hard. I'm not sure to this day what "her body just blows messiah" is supposed to mean, but damn, it sounds good. What was more important was the fact that Erickson screamed these words with absolute, complete
    conviction and passion that put, say, Joe Strummer, to shame. Whatever it was he was trying to communicate here, he damn well meant it."

- BRIDGET ST. JOHN
    Interview- English folk rose by Michael Freerix
    Then: "There were definitely times when I wished I was onstage – but I didn't have a clear path to doing that at the time." Now: "Hopefully, this will be the beginning of more – I do want to do another studio album – I just have to figure out the
    details of how!"

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
    Jason

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)