• I'm in

From Chris Pyle@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 18 13:41:29 2021
    Whoohoo, I think my computer is gonna let me see this...lot's of folks in the chat, from all over the world. But no one is pushing up against me, no weird smells, no sounds of hundreds of conversations....huh...
    but I'm front row center ;-). Show starts in 20 minutes.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Willie@21:1/5 to Chris Pyle on Sun Jul 18 14:34:04 2021
    On Sunday, July 18, 2021 at 4:41:31 PM UTC-4, Chris Pyle wrote:
    Whoohoo, I think my computer is gonna let me see this...lot's of folks in the chat, from all over the world. But no one is pushing up against me, no weird smells, no sounds of hundreds of conversations....huh...

Eager to hear how it is. If your recommendation is strong, I'll pony up (since I believe I've got until July 20 midnight to pay up and watch).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chris Pyle@21:1/5 to Willie on Sun Jul 18 15:51:00 2021
    On Sunday, July 18, 2021 at 5:34:06 PM UTC-4, Willie wrote:
    Eager to hear how it is. If your recommendation is strong, I'll pony up (since I believe I've got until July 20 midnight to pay up and watch).

For 25 bucks, it was worth it. It's an artistic piece of work though and I'm not sure many will be thrilled with it. All acoustic, dark and shadowy, you could tell the audience were performers not bob fans. Lot's of beers and smoking, it was a club
    scene, looks to be casted around the 50's(scenery/clothing styles), however the entire band wore mask. Not sure Bob was actually singing or if the musicians were really playing, sometimes it just wasn't in sync....like harmonica still playing when Bob
    had stopped playing. Did I say it was black and white? Bob wore a different jacket for each song, sometimes the audience was there, sometimes not, sometimes they were dancing, sometimes they were almost as still as stone. Bob strummed the guitar and
    blew the harp and, whenever or where ever he recorded the songs, they were heartfelt and troubling and full of emotions.
    When I Paint My Masterpiece
    You Go Your Way and I'll go Mine
    Queen Jane
    I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
    Tom Thumb Blues
    Tombstone Blues
    To Be Alone With You
    What Was It You Wanted
    Forever Young
    Pledging My Time
    Wicked Messenger
    Watching the River Flow
    EVERYONE APPLAUDED
    Baby Blue

No matter what, it was a Bob show, and I was able to get behind it and around it and let it all in and listen to what he put emphasis on and with no shades on, a glimpse of his eyes.
    If you are looking for a technically perfect performance, don't watch it. If ya just want to see what Bob is up too after a year and a half of isolation, check it out.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From President_dudley@21:1/5 to Chris Pyle on Mon Jul 19 03:39:21 2021
    On Sunday, July 18, 2021 at 6:51:01 PM UTC-4, Chris Pyle wrote:
    For 25 bucks, it was worth it. It's an artistic piece of work though and I'm not sure many will be thrilled with it. All acoustic, dark and shadowy, you could tell the audience were performers not bob fans. Lot's of beers and smoking, it was a club
    scene, looks to be casted around the 50's(scenery/clothing styles), however the entire band wore mask. Not sure Bob was actually singing or if the musicians were really playing, sometimes it just wasn't in sync....like harmonica still playing when Bob
    had stopped playing. Did I say it was black and white? Bob wore a different jacket for each song, sometimes the audience was there, sometimes not, sometimes they were dancing, sometimes they were almost as still as stone. Bob strummed the guitar and blew
    the harp and, whenever or where ever he recorded the songs, they were heartfelt and troubling and full of emotions.
    Queen Jane
    Tom Thumb Blues
    Tombstone Blues
    To Be Alone With You
    What Was It You Wanted
    Forever Young
    Pledging My Time
    Wicked Messenger
    Watching the River Flow
    EVERYONE APPLAUDED
    Baby Blue

No matter what, it was a Bob show, and I was able to get behind it and around it and let it all in and listen to what he put emphasis on and with no shades on, a glimpse of his eyes.
    If you are looking for a technically perfect performance, don't watch it. If ya just want to see what Bob is up too after a year and a half of isolation, check it out.

hey Chris, thanks for the update. glad you enjoyed it. reports from elsewhere are positive as well. new arrangements and even lyrics, they say.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chris Pyle@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 19 04:31:26 2021
    On Monday, July 19, 2021 at 6:39:22 AM UTC-4, President_dudley wrote:
    had stopped playing. Did I say it was black and white? Bob wore a different jacket for each song, sometimes the audience was there, sometimes not, sometimes they were dancing, sometimes they were almost as still as stone. Bob strummed the guitar and blew
    the harp and, whenever or where ever he recorded the songs, they were heartfelt and troubling and full of emotions.
    Queen Jane
    Tom Thumb Blues
    Tombstone Blues
    To Be Alone With You
    What Was It You Wanted
    Forever Young
    Pledging My Time
    Wicked Messenger
    Watching the River Flow
    EVERYONE APPLAUDED
    Baby Blue

hey Chris, thanks for the update. glad you enjoyed it. reports from elsewhere are positive as well. new arrangements and even lyrics, they say.

yes, there were lyric changes and new arrangements. Tombstone Blues was a very cool arrangement. You never hear the noises from the people, and they were right up to the step up stage, which is why many think it was recorded elsewhere. Today, because I
    can, :-), I'm going to re-listen with my headphones on. Nice treat for that 25 bucks.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Willie@21:1/5 to Chris Pyle on Mon Jul 19 06:31:24 2021
    Queen Jane
    Tom Thumb Blues
    Tombstone Blues
    To Be Alone With You
    What Was It You Wanted
    Forever Young
    Pledging My Time
    Wicked Messenger
    Watching the River Flow
    EVERYONE APPLAUDED
    Baby Blue

Thanks, Chris. Definitely worth watching, sounds like. Over at ER, some said it's a masterpiece. Someone there posted a nice breakdown of where the selections are from:

===========================
    Livanue Wonderford
    Re: Shadow Kingdom – 18 July 2021 – “LIVE” SET LIST
    Post by Livanue Wonderford » Mon July 19th, 2021, 03:11 UTC

SHADOW KINGDOM:

1 - "When I Paint My Masterpiece"
    2 - "Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)"
    3 - "Queen Jane Approximately"
    4 - "I'll Be Your Baby Tonight"
    5 - "Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues"
    6 - "Tombstone Blues"
    7 - "To Be Alone With You"
    8 - "What Was It You Wanted"
    9 - "Forever Young"
    10 - "Pledging My Time"
    11 - "The Wicked Messenger"
    12 - "Watching The River Flow"
    13 - "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue"
    14 - "Hurricane" (Instrumental. Credits)
    [Willie: There seems to be dispute about whether the instrumental was "Hurricane" (some thought it was "Watchtower")]

Albums:

Bringing It All Back Home - 1
    Highway 61 Revisited - 3
    Blonde On Blonde - 2
    John Wesley Harding - 2
    Nashville Skyline - 1
    Greatest Hits vol II - 2
    Planet Waves - 1
    Desire - 1
    Oh Mercy - 1

Songs:

1965 - 4
    1966 - 2
    1967 - 2
    1969 - 1
    1971 - 2
    1974 - 1
    1976 - 1
    1989 - 1

Previous times played:

"When I Paint My Masterpiece" last played in 2019.
    "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue" last played in 2019.
    "I'll Be Your Baby Tonight" last played in 2015.
    "Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)"[/b] last played in 2014. "Watching The River Flow" last played in 2014.
    "Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues" last played in 2015.
    "Queen Jane Approximately" last played in 2013.
    "Forever Young" last played in 2011.
    "The Wicked Messenger" last played in 2009.
    "Tombstone Blues" last played in 2006.
    "To Be Alone With You" last played in 2005.
    "Pleding My Time" last played in 1999.
    "What Was It You Wanted" last played in 1995.
    "Hurricane" last played in 1976.
    ==============================

[Willie: Also, lots of surprise at its abrupt ending, and how it included neither early folk nor recent stuff.]

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From President_dudley@21:1/5 to Willie on Mon Jul 19 13:04:24 2021
    On Monday, July 19, 2021 at 9:31:26 AM UTC-4, Willie wrote:
    Queen Jane
    Tom Thumb Blues
    Tombstone Blues
    To Be Alone With You
    What Was It You Wanted
    Forever Young
    Pledging My Time
    Wicked Messenger
    Watching the River Flow
    EVERYONE APPLAUDED
    Baby Blue

Thanks, Chris. Definitely worth watching, sounds like. Over at ER, some said it's a masterpiece. Someone there posted a nice breakdown of where the selections are from:

===========================
    Livanue Wonderford
    Re: Shadow Kingdom – 18 July 2021 – “LIVE” SET LIST
    Post by Livanue Wonderford » Mon July 19th, 2021, 03:11 UTC

SHADOW KINGDOM:

1 - "When I Paint My Masterpiece"
    2 - "Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)"
    3 - "Queen Jane Approximately"
    4 - "I'll Be Your Baby Tonight"
    5 - "Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues"
    6 - "Tombstone Blues"
    7 - "To Be Alone With You"
    8 - "What Was It You Wanted"
    9 - "Forever Young"
    10 - "Pledging My Time"
    11 - "The Wicked Messenger"
    12 - "Watching The River Flow"
    13 - "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue"
    14 - "Hurricane" (Instrumental. Credits)
    [Willie: There seems to be dispute about whether the instrumental was "Hurricane" (some thought it was "Watchtower")]

Albums:

Bringing It All Back Home - 1
    Highway 61 Revisited - 3
    Blonde On Blonde - 2
    John Wesley Harding - 2
    Nashville Skyline - 1
    Greatest Hits vol II - 2
    Planet Waves - 1
    Desire - 1
    Oh Mercy - 1

Songs:

1965 - 4
    1966 - 2
    1967 - 2
    1969 - 1
    1971 - 2
    1974 - 1
    1976 - 1
    1989 - 1

Previous times played:

"When I Paint My Masterpiece" last played in 2019.
    "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue" last played in 2019.
    "I'll Be Your Baby Tonight" last played in 2015.
    "Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)"[/b] last played in 2014. "Watching The River Flow" last played in 2014.
    "Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues" last played in 2015.
    "Queen Jane Approximately" last played in 2013.
    "Forever Young" last played in 2011.
    "The Wicked Messenger" last played in 2009.
    "Tombstone Blues" last played in 2006.
    "To Be Alone With You" last played in 2005.
    "Pleding My Time" last played in 1999.
    "What Was It You Wanted" last played in 1995.
    "Hurricane" last played in 1976.
    ==============================

[Willie: Also, lots of surprise at its abrupt ending, and how it included neither early folk nor recent stuff.]

get it while you can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7KjmbEd2Eg

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Dockery@21:1/5 to Chris Pyle on Tue Jul 20 05:56:03 2021

From what I have read the show was a good one, Chris.

:)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05