• I don't know who knows this....

From roach@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 8 12:04:42 2023
    but yesterday was keith gubitz's birthday.

i know this may seem pathetic, compared to the kinds of friendships y'all have, i don't know....

but i considered him a good friend, even though i i wished i could have seen more of him, but he didn't really want that, but he called me on holidays, jewish holidays, and remembered me.

i truly feel a loss when i learned he had passed, he had told me he had the cancer, and i still feel that loss.

he was a huge part of the dylan community in that he contributed so very much, putting videos online almost with a vengeance, determined to make available and share as much dylan as he could.

happy belated birthday, bud. sorry about yesterday. i didn't forget, i never do, i just didn't think to say anything.

love to you and sonia....
    rachel <3

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Will Dockery@21:1/5 to roach on Fri Sep 8 19:09:57 2023
    On Friday, September 8, 2023 at 3:04:45 PM UTC-4, roach wrote:

i know this may seem pathetic, compared to the kinds of friendships y'all have, i don't know....

but i considered him a good friend, even though i i wished i could have seen more of him, but he didn't really want that, but he called me on holidays, jewish holidays, and remembered me.

i truly feel a loss when i learned he had passed, he had told me he had the cancer, and i still feel that loss.

he was a huge part of the dylan community in that he contributed so very much, putting videos online almost with a vengeance, determined to make available and share as much dylan as he could.

happy belated birthday, bud. sorry about yesterday. i didn't forget, i never do, i just didn't think to say anything.

rachel <3

I don't think I knew Keith, but sorry for your loss, Rachel.

:(

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From roach@21:1/5 to Will Dockery on Fri Sep 8 20:26:42 2023
    On Friday, September 8, 2023 at 7:10:00 PM UTC-7, Will Dockery wrote:

rachel <3

i hope sonia is okay. i'll always treasure the memories of keith bringing her here and we visited, on more than one occasion, i am pretty sure. ordered pizza, ordered yummy.com (sourdough and brie and wine etc.....), talked, listened to wow, was it
    really saved (?????) cuz i thought it was in the garden when i started crying, that they knew the song, i always thought these songs were all mine, because nobody else like him or listened. it was so weird that they knew my music, and it hurt my feelings.

sonia was so nice and tender and caring. she came over right away, to comfort me. it was so loving. very sweet lady.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Dockery@21:1/5 to roach on Sat Sep 9 02:11:24 2023

rachel <3

The Keith Gubitz archive:

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.music.dylan/search?q=%22Keith%20gubitz%22

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From roach@21:1/5 to Will Dockery on Sat Sep 9 01:54:49 2023
    On Saturday, September 9, 2023 at 1:48:12 AM UTC-7, Will Dockery wrote:
    On Friday, September 8, 2023 at 11:26:45 PM UTC-4, roach wrote:

rachel <3

i hope sonia is okay. i'll always treasure the memories of keith bringing her here and we visited, on more than one occasion, i am pretty sure. ordered pizza, ordered yummy.com (sourdough and brie and wine etc.....), talked, listened to wow, was it
    really saved (?????) cuz i thought it was in the garden when i started crying, that they knew the song, i always thought these songs were all mine, because nobody else like him or listened. it was so weird that they knew my music, and it hurt my feelings.

sonia was so nice and tender and caring. she came over right away, to comfort me. it was so loving. very sweet lady.
    I hope so, sounds like they are/were nice people.

yes, it meant/means so much to me. i get the feeling that keith may have been operating on a level above me.....but the thing was, he didn't like having fun. i like to have fun. i had fun with marc. i hope bob is the same way. not all the time, of course.
    there must be time for quiet, for intimacy...or otherwise.....but he almost NEVER loosened up. but still, a great guy.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Dockery@21:1/5 to roach on Sat Sep 9 02:07:33 2023
    On Saturday, September 9, 2023 at 4:54:52 AM UTC-4, roach wrote:
    On Saturday, September 9, 2023 at 1:48:12 AM UTC-7, Will Dockery wrote:

rachel <3

yes, it meant/means so much to me. i get the feeling that keith may have been operating on a level above me.....but the thing was, he didn't like having fun. i like to have fun. i had fun with marc. i hope bob is the same way. not all the time, of
    course. there must be time for quiet, for intimacy...or otherwise.....but he almost NEVER loosened up. but still, a great guy.

I read some of the posts from Keith and you, and about Sonia.

I do hope Sonia is doing well, sorry that Keith didn't make it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Dockery@21:1/5 to roach on Sat Sep 9 01:48:09 2023

rachel <3

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Just Walkin'@21:1/5 to roach on Sat Sep 9 09:51:53 2023
    On Friday, September 8, 2023 at 2:04:45 PM UTC-5, roach wrote:

rachel <3
    Keith was an active contributor around here years ago. Sorry to hear of his passing; he will be missed by those who remember.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05