• R.I.P. Charlie Watts

From Just Kidding@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 24 16:58:44 2021
    https://relix.com/news/detail/r-i-p-charlie-watts-drummer-for-the-rolling-stones/?mc_cid=58ab3f9558&mc_eid=cd0c7510aa

Like a Rolling Stone....and then there were two.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Rachel@21:1/5 to Just Kidding on Tue Aug 24 16:13:53 2021
    On Tuesday, August 24, 2021 at 3:59:12 PM UTC-7, Just Kidding wrote:
    On Tue, 24 Aug 2021 16:58:44 -0400, Just Kidding
    <JustK @comcast.net> wrote:

https://relix.com/news/detail/r-i-p-charlie-watts-drummer-for-the-rolling-stones/?mc_cid=58ab3f9558&mc_eid=cd0c7510aa

Jeez, I killed off Bill Wyman prematurely....and then there were
    three.

wow, you sure tricked me!

i bet you think i'm being sarcastic. i'm not.

i looked up rolling stones members, like wait, who else is there? besides the big ones...and the list with photos was so many, cuz of changes over years, i sorta figured, okay, obviously he's pulling a nate, and the big 3 are left.

so you got me. i didn't realize bill wyman, i forgot about him, but i kinda know the name, for sure!

and you tricked me AGAIN, because i realize, after i was halfway through THIS post, when you said and then there were three, that wait, if there's bill, too, that makes FOUR, not three.

i guess we're not in kansas anymore, dust in my eyes.... must be about time to go UP...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Just Kidding@21:1/5 to JustKidding@comcast.net on Tue Aug 24 18:59:10 2021
    <JustKidding@comcast.net> wrote:

three.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Willie@21:1/5 to Willie on Tue Aug 24 17:47:20 2021
    On Tuesday, August 24, 2021 at 8:36:21 PM UTC-4, Willie wrote:
    On Tuesday, August 24, 2021 at 7:13:55 PM UTC-4, Rachel wrote:

three.

i looked up rolling stones members, like wait, who else is there? besides the big ones...and the list with photos was so many, cuz of changes over years, i sorta figured, okay, obviously he's pulling a nate, and the big 3 are left.

so you got me. i didn't realize bill wyman, i forgot about him, but i kinda know the name, for sure!

and you tricked me AGAIN, because i realize, after i was halfway through THIS post, when you said and then there were three, that wait, if there's bill, too, that makes FOUR, not three.

i guess we're not in kansas anymore, dust in my eyes.... must be about time to go UP...
    I remember seeing the Stones at the original McCormack Place in 1965, while "Satisfaction" topped the charts. During that ditty, the audience swarmed the stage, but they kept playing while cops tried, then gave up, clearing the stage. But my most vivid
    memory was the Bill Wyman, who had been playing while staying completely still with strangely vacant eyes, locked eyes with Charlie as the mayhem broke loose and both laughed manically.
    P.S. That's McCormick Place in Chicago. Then in 1967, when I was driving my brother from the southside where I lived, to his apartment on the northside at 3:30am, as we approached downtown we saw a strange light in the sky ahead. We thought, Wait, the
    sun doesn't come up for a few hours. It turned out to be the roof of McCormick Place rising then sinking like the Titanic in a spectacular fire. I can't find any photos of that incredible moment when the roof rose up like that, then sank, while flames
    rose for probably 100 feet around it, but this short video shows the aftermath: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocYhfDX961M

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Willie@21:1/5 to Rachel on Tue Aug 24 17:36:20 2021
    On Tuesday, August 24, 2021 at 7:13:55 PM UTC-4, Rachel wrote:

three.

I remember seeing the Stones at the original McCormack Place in 1965, while "Satisfaction" topped the charts. During that ditty, the audience swarmed the stage, but they kept playing while cops tried, then gave up, clearing the stage. But my most vivid
    memory was the Bill Wyman, who had been playing while staying completely still with strangely vacant eyes, locked eyes with Charlie as the mayhem broke loose and both laughed manically.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Just Kidding@21:1/5 to goldarachel@gmail.com on Wed Aug 25 16:22:44 2021
    On Tue, 24 Aug 2021 16:13:53 -0700 (PDT), Rachel
    <goldarachel@gmail.com> wrote:

three.

No trickery here! I originally posted that there were two original
    Stones left, thinking that Bill Wyman had previously died. But when I
    double checked I found that he was actually still alive, so there are
    three originals still walking this earth. Sorry to confuse.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rachel@21:1/5 to Just Kidding on Thu Aug 26 13:00:46 2021
    On Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at 1:22:46 PM UTC-7, Just Kidding wrote:
    <goldaXXX @gmail.com> wrote:

three.

Stones left, thinking that Bill Wyman had previously died. But when I
    double checked I found that he was actually still alive, so there are

who wasn't original? ronnie???

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rachel@21:1/5 to Rachel on Thu Aug 26 15:21:53 2021
    On Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 1:00:48 PM UTC-7, Rachel wrote:
    On Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at 1:22:46 PM UTC-7, Just Kidding wrote:
    <goldaXXX @gmail.com> wrote:

three.

Stones left, thinking that Bill Wyman had previously died. But when I double checked I found that he was actually still alive, so there are
    who wasn't original? ronnie???

okay, fine, i googled it.

you're like my parents....look it up....or worse, my former quack psychologist.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Zod@21:1/5 to Just Kidding on Fri Aug 27 14:50:27 2021
    On Tuesday, August 24, 2021 at 4:58:48 PM UTC-4, Just Kidding wrote:

Don't forget Stu...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmueEbJ0Fxs&list=PL1o4AQaFJNt2VZ_CPkMKW7VxrxBkEBDBb

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05