• Philosophy of Modern Song

From K. Hematite@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 8 11:19:16 2022
    For my money, the best line in Dylan's Philosophy of Modern Song is from the chapter on Pete Townshend's "My Generation":

"Pete would probably be the first to tell you. He has a front-row seat for the history of his generation. He could read the picket signs against hatred and war. Well, that certainly ended that, thank you for your service."

Dylan's writing style has changed quite a bit since Tarantula. Still has his mordant sense of humor, though.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From President_dudley@21:1/5 to K. Hematite on Thu Nov 17 14:13:47 2022
    On Tuesday, November 8, 2022 at 2:19:18 PM UTC-5, K. Hematite wrote:
    For my money, the best line in Dylan's Philosophy of Modern Song is from the chapter on Pete Townshend's "My Generation":

"Pete would probably be the first to tell you. He has a front-row seat for the
    history of his generation. He could read the picket signs against hatred and war. Well, that certainly ended that, thank you for your service."

Dylan's writing style has changed quite a bit since Tarantula. Still has his mordant sense of humor, though.

i haven't, nor intend to, read this book

i'm sure it's good for them it's for

hear's a revue:

https://thethaovanhoa.vn/ra-sach-the-philosophy-of-modern-song-ky-1-trai-nghiem-ky-quai-va-choi-sang-cua-bob-dylan-20221108140049815.htm

good to see yer still around, Fe2O3

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From K. Hematite@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 17 22:11:35 2022
    On Thursday, 17 November 2022 at 17:13:49 UTC-5, President_dudley wrote:

history of his generation. He could read the picket signs against hatred and war. Well, that certainly ended that, thank you for your service."

hear's a revue:

https://thethaovanhoa.vn/ra-sach-the-philosophy-of-modern-song-ky-1-trai-nghiem-ky-quai-va-choi-sang-cua-bob-dylan-20221108140049815.htm

Glad to see you're still here as well, Prez.

My first posting to rmd (under a different name) was in June 1996 and I'm a little surprised to still be here--both at rmd and inhabiting this mortal coil. Guess I'll continue to be here till the wheels fall off.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Just Walkin'@21:1/5 to K. Hematite on Sat Nov 26 04:58:06 2022
    On Friday, November 18, 2022 at 12:11:37 AM UTC-6, K. Hematite wrote:
    On Thursday, 17 November 2022 at 17:13:49 UTC-5, President_dudley wrote:

hear's a revue:

Glad to see you're still here as well, Prez.

My first posting to rmd (under a different name) was in June 1996 and I'm a little surprised to still be here--both at rmd and inhabiting this mortal coil. Guess I'll continue to be here till the wheels fall off.
    Glad to see you're both still here. Kind of gives me hope in my own old age.

Like Wile E. Coyote, I've run off that cliff a long time ago; only my obliviousness keeps me aloft and running.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05