• Bob honors Jerry Lee

From Chris Pyle@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 30 05:27:18 2022
    from spin mag:
    https://www.spin.com/2022/10/bob-dylan-jerry-lee-lewis-tribute/
    Bob Dylan is the latest artist to add to the outpouring of tributes to Jerry Lee Lewis, who died yesterday (Oct. 28) at age 87. At the end of his concert last night in Nottingham, England, Dylan honored the “Great Balls of Fire” singer with a cover
    and short speech.

“[I don’t know] how many of you know, but Jerry Lee’s gone,” Dylan said as he introduced the song. “We gonna play this song, one of his. Jerry Lee will live forever, we all know that.”

Dylan and his band went into a version of “I Can’t Seem To Say Goodbye,” a song originally written by Don Robertson and covered by Lewis on his 1970 Sun Records album A Taste of Country.

Dylan and Lewis first crossed paths in the same recording studio in 1969, with Dylan telling Rolling Stone around that time that he wrote “To Be Alone With You” for the piano rock ‘n’ roller (Lewis never recorded it, so Dylan put it out on his
    own Nashville Skyline album). Lewis later covered Dylan’s “Rita May” on his self-titled 1979 album.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From President_dudley@21:1/5 to Chris Pyle on Mon Oct 31 04:52:19 2022
    On Sunday, October 30, 2022 at 8:27:20 AM UTC-4, Chris Pyle wrote:
    from spin mag: https://www.spin.com/2022/10/bob-dylan-jerry-lee-lewis-tribute/
    Bob Dylan is the latest artist to add to the outpouring of tributes to Jerry Lee Lewis, who died yesterday (Oct. 28) at age 87. At the end of his concert last night in Nottingham, England, Dylan honored the “Great Balls of Fire” singer with a cover
    and short speech.

“[I don’t know] how many of you know, but Jerry Lee’s gone,” Dylan said as he introduced the song. “We gonna play this song, one of his. Jerry Lee will live forever, we all know that.”

Dylan and his band went into a version of “I Can’t Seem To Say Goodbye,” a song originally written by Don Robertson and covered by Lewis on his 1970 Sun Records album A Taste of Country.

Dylan and Lewis first crossed paths in the same recording studio in 1969, with Dylan telling Rolling Stone around that time that he wrote “To Be Alone With You” for the piano rock ‘n’ roller (Lewis never recorded it, so Dylan put it out on his
    own Nashville Skyline album). Lewis later covered Dylan’s “Rita May” on his self-titled 1979 album.

and then he returned to stage, at the piano, and broke into "you shake my nerves and you rattle my brain"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chris Pyle@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 31 07:13:25 2022
    On Monday, October 31, 2022 at 7:52:22 AM UTC-4, President_dudley wrote:
    On Sunday, October 30, 2022 at 8:27:20 AM UTC-4, Chris Pyle wrote:
    Bob Dylan is the latest artist to add to the outpouring of tributes to Jerry Lee Lewis, who died yesterday (Oct. 28) at age 87. At the end of his concert last night in Nottingham, England, Dylan honored the “Great Balls of Fire” singer with a
    cover and short speech.

Dylan and Lewis first crossed paths in the same recording studio in 1969, with Dylan telling Rolling Stone around that time that he wrote “To Be Alone With You” for the piano rock ‘n’ roller (Lewis never recorded it, so Dylan put it out on
    his own Nashville Skyline album). Lewis later covered Dylan’s “Rita May” on his self-titled 1979 album.
    and then he returned to stage, at the piano, and broke into "you shake my nerves and you rattle my brain"

Lol, if that's true, lol, I hope Bob stood behind the piano and played it JLL. style!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Pamela Brown@21:1/5 to Chris Pyle on Tue Nov 1 04:13:42 2022
    On Sunday, October 30, 2022 at 7:27:20 AM UTC-5, Chris Pyle wrote:
    and short speech. W

What did Bob say when John Lennon died?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05