• Bob sells his entire song catalog

From Pamela Brown@21:1/5 to Just Walkin' on Thu Aug 19 10:19:57 2021
    On Wednesday, December 16, 2020 at 12:17:52 AM UTC-6, Just Walkin' wrote:
    On Monday, December 7, 2020 at 7:26:11 AM UTC-6, Chris Pyle wrote:
    wow...for a mere $300 million.

"Bob Dylan has sold his entire catalog of songs, which encompasses more than 600 songs over 60 years, in a "landmark agreement" with Universal Music Publishing Group."

whole story https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/07/media/bob-dylan-song-catalog/index.html
    Lots of heirs and heiresses, I hear, all around the world. Spares litigation with 22 x 7. Lump sum distributions paid out in intervals based on adherence to terms settle the estate quietly. Plus, his legacy won't be complicated by that antacid
    commercial jingle they turned his song into; it wasn't his decision!

Besides, much of what he sold he stole, didn't he?
    What does 22X7 mean? Just wondering...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Will Dockery@21:1/5 to pamel...@gmail.com on Sun Aug 22 05:43:31 2021
    On Thursday, August 19, 2021 at 1:19:59 PM UTC-4, pamel...@gmail.com wrote:

"Bob Dylan has sold his entire catalog of songs, which encompasses more than 600 songs over 60 years, in a "landmark agreement" with Universal Music Publishing Group."

whole story https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/07/media/bob-dylan-song-catalog/index.html
    Lots of heirs and heiresses, I hear, all around the world. Spares litigation with 22 x 7. Lump sum distributions paid out in intervals based on adherence to terms settle the estate quietly. Plus, his legacy won't be complicated by that antacid

Kind of stumped here as well, kids and grandkids?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Just Walkin'@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 22 17:44:45 2021
    On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 7:43:33 AM UTC-5,

Kind of stumped here as well, kids and
    Hey Bob! Should I tell 'em, or will you?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From nate@21:1/5 to will.d...@gmail.com on Sun Aug 22 19:50:25 2021
    On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 8:43:33 AM UTC-4, will.d...@gmail.com wrote:

7 would be Maria from Sara's first marriage, 5 from Bob and Sara's marriage and Desiree from that last marriage.
    maybe you're on to something, Will !

- nate

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From nate@21:1/5 to pamel...@gmail.com on Sun Aug 22 19:45:22 2021
    On Thursday, August 19, 2021 at 1:19:59 PM UTC-4, pamel...@gmail.com wrote:
    Spares litigation with 22 x 7. \

22 / 7 was a good approximation for pi, in my day. but 22x7 ????

- nate

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rachel@21:1/5 to nate on Mon Aug 23 11:28:25 2021
    On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 7:50:26 PM UTC-7, nate wrote:
    On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 8:43:33 AM UTC-4, will.d @gmail.com wrote:
    7 would be Maria from Sara's first marriage, 5 from Bob and Sara's marriage and Desiree from that last marriage.

- nate

hi nate. isn't it 6 total? sometimes i forget desi, too, but i think that's because (here i go again, right, loves herself beyond any faults? yeah, sure, no offense! :) ) anyway, marc said he never got over sara, i didn't know he was married and divorced
    again until i moved here and got back online with rmd...but he wanted to be with a woman...from what i gathered from what my friend said...but that was the problem, he didn't love anybody else, i thought. and i wanted him to get over that so badly, to be
    happy like i was, like maybe you can love me and get over her, IF YOU WANT, to be happy... i mean, if he never wanted to let her go, then it was not my place to attempt to dissuade him in any way, and by the time i got here, he had already put out toom,
    so i sorta feel more his family with her, and not so used to, oh, right, well, it gets complicated, i mean, that's two different women!!! back to toom, it was so obvious to me what it was about....so i was trying to help him get back to the highlands
    before the eggs turned rotten. i mean, well, the truth was, i was going CRAZY without him, and the letters, oh right, then TOOM was already committed to official permanence, like, NO WAY, YOU CAN'T DO THIS!!!!!!! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT!!!!!!! i mean, at first
    about toom, i was also like, well, not the first listen, but as it circulated around in my head (not listening over and over), i was like, he's just USING ME for lyrics, he has no creativity left, and he's, well, okay, frankly, so pathetic, just a washed
    up old has-been, so i cuckolded him in an attempt to move on, but that FAILED, every relationship practically, even intimate friendship, i attempted to cultivate FAILED GLORIOUSLY ( :-//////) so i went up into my head, and figured it out there, love and
    theft, in a way that made SENSE to me, that he really WASN'T using me, and we really had something going!!!!!!!! :-/// but, as bob p. says, "common sense has yet to be standardized."

btw, hello! how are you??? hope all is well, *obviously,* yada yada yada.... :-)

thanks for making me step out of my comfort zone and post in this bob dylan chat group again, grr.... :-///// (grumble grumble grumble, where i DON'T BELONG!!!!!!!!) (do i? :-//////) (bob?)

i don't know. is chaim correct? is this how you attract the light like you of a higher vibration? i mean, the whole 6 thing (a private joke i think we have, due to his instruction, about "the light wants to share") seems utterly absurd, all that pain and
    suffering for a funny private joke which was only funny for a few months, or whatever, and connected a few random unconnected musical dots, that's fucking STUPID, just like the example of how do we cross a street was solved through ockham's razor. i mean,
    sure, i didn't quite get calculus, but i excelled in other areas, does he think i'm a MORON???? or wanted to see what could happen if you *believe*....like my life is all just some stupid FANTASY?!?!??!?) and makes me feel like he's turning me into one
    great big fat JOKE. chaim?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rachel@21:1/5 to Rachel on Mon Aug 23 14:39:03 2021
    On Monday, August 23, 2021 at 11:28:26 AM UTC-7, Rachel wrote:
    On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 7:50:26 PM UTC-7, nate wrote:
    On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 8:43:33 AM UTC-4, will.d @gmail.com wrote:

- nate
    hi nate. isn't it 6 total? sometimes i forget desi, too, but i think that's because (here i go again, right, loves herself beyond any faults? yeah, sure, no offense! :) ) anyway, marc said he never got over sara, i didn't know he was married and
    divorced again until i moved here and got back online with rmd...but he wanted to be with a woman...from what i gathered from what my friend said...but that was the problem, he didn't love anybody else, i thought. and i wanted him to get over that so
    badly, to be happy like i was, like maybe you can love me and get over her, IF YOU WANT, to be happy... i mean, if he never wanted to let her go, then it was not my place to attempt to dissuade him in any way, and by the time i got here, he had already
    put out toom, so i sorta feel more his family with her, and not so used to, oh, right, well, it gets complicated, i mean, that's two different women!!! back to toom, it was so obvious to me what it was about....so i was trying to help him get back to the
    highlands before the eggs turned rotten. i mean, well, the truth was, i was going CRAZY without him, and the letters, oh right, then TOOM was already committed to official permanence, like, NO WAY, YOU CAN'T DO THIS!!!!!!! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT!!!!!!! i mean,
    at first about toom, i was also like, well, not the first listen, but as it circulated around in my head (not listening over and over), i was like, he's just USING ME for lyrics, he has no creativity left, and he's, well, okay, frankly, so pathetic,
    just a washed up old has-been, so i cuckolded him in an attempt to move on, but that FAILED, every relationship practically, even intimate friendship, i attempted to cultivate FAILED GLORIOUSLY ( :-//////) so i went up into my head, and figured it out
    there, love and theft, in a way that made SENSE to me, that he really WASN'T using me, and we really had something going!!!!!!!! :-/// but, as bob p. says, "common sense has yet to be standardized."

btw, hello! how are you??? hope all is well, *obviously,* yada yada yada.... :-)

thanks for making me step out of my comfort zone and post in this bob dylan chat group again, grr.... :-///// (grumble grumble grumble, where i DON'T BELONG!!!!!!!!) (do i? :-//////) (bob?)

i don't know. is chaim correct? is this how you attract the light like you of a higher vibration? i mean, the whole 6 thing (a private joke i think we have, due to his instruction, about "the light wants to share") seems utterly absurd, all that pain
    and suffering for a funny private joke which was only funny for a few months, or whatever, and connected a few random unconnected musical dots, that's fucking STUPID, just like the example of how do we cross a street was solved through ockham's razor. i
    mean, sure, i didn't quite get calculus, but i excelled in other areas, does he think i'm a MORON???? or wanted to see what could happen if you *believe*....like my life is all just some stupid FANTASY?!?!??!?) and makes me feel like he's turning me into
    one great big fat JOKE. chaim?

this is like everything you ever wanted to know about sex, but were afraid to ask...

the g-d principle. :)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Dockery@21:1/5 to nate on Wed Aug 25 01:27:34 2021
    On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 10:50:26 PM UTC-4, nate wrote:
    On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 8:43:33 AM UTC-4, will.d...@gmail.com wrote:

- nate

With seven children, there could be quite a few grandchildren...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Just Walkin'@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 25 06:08:40 2021

- nate
    With seven children, there could be quite a few grandchildren...
    Nothing to do with grandchildren.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Pamela Brown@21:1/5 to Just Walkin' on Sat Sep 4 10:48:22 2021

Just,
    We still don't have an explanation of your statement "Spares litigation with 22 X 7"...
    Care to enlighten us?
    Thanks,
    Pamela
    https://dylagence.wordpress.com/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05