• Re: Any details of Dylan/Weberman altercation?

From Pamela Brown@21:1/5 to Barb on Sat Sep 17 14:02:05 2022
    On Saturday, July 5, 2008 at 5:13:44 PM UTC-5, Barb wrote:
    On Jun 28, 1:02 am, RadioactiveSeat...@hotmail.com wrote:
    Thanks for your comment re "Where Are You Tonight?", and yes, of
    COURSE I recogized that lyric! It's just that it seemed like Ms.
    "Bride", in tersely stating "Laughter down onElizabethStreet", was
    assuming I was merely posting this for laughs, rather than a serious inquiry. And when I first read her comment, I hadn't yet determined
    that the altercation apparently HAPPENED onElizabethStreet! (And
    like you, Babs, I too, consider the finest moment--in a stunning track
    just chock-full of tremendous lines and Dylan vocal pyrotechnics--to
    be that "paradise price/show you the scars" passage.)
    I was on Elizabeth Street today. I found no remaining evidence of said altercation. ;-)
    Do you suppose Bob's banging AJ's head into the sidewalk on Elizabeth Street had anything to do with his being afraid that AJ would find evidence of that which was being concealed?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Pamela Brown@21:1/5 to Pamela Brown on Mon Sep 19 05:07:24 2022
    On Saturday, September 17, 2022 at 4:02:07 PM UTC-5, Pamela Brown wrote:
    COURSE I recogized that lyric! It's just that it seemed like Ms.
    "Bride", in tersely stating "Laughter down onElizabethStreet", was assuming I was merely posting this for laughs, rather than a serious inquiry. And when I first read her comment, I hadn't yet determined
    that the altercation apparently HAPPENED onElizabethStreet! (And
    like you, Babs, I too, consider the finest moment--in a stunning track just chock-full of tremendous lines and Dylan vocal pyrotechnics--to
    I was on Elizabeth Street today. I found no remaining evidence of said altercation. ;-)
    Do you suppose Bob's banging AJ's head into the sidewalk on Elizabeth Street had anything to do with his being afraid that AJ would find evidence of that which was being concealed?
    Odd...Elizabeth Street reference in this song... https://www.bobdylan.com/songs/where-are-you-tonight-journey-through-dark-heat/ But here, there is laughter...also a foot in the face...a father, a mysterious woman and a reference to St. John...
    Hmmm...St. John was also a nickname for John Lennon....

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Pamela Brown@21:1/5 to Pamela Brown on Tue Sep 20 06:20:34 2022
    On Monday, September 19, 2022 at 7:07:26 AM UTC-5, Pamela Brown wrote:
    COURSE I recogized that lyric! It's just that it seemed like Ms. "Bride", in tersely stating "Laughter down onElizabethStreet", was assuming I was merely posting this for laughs, rather than a serious inquiry. And when I first read her comment, I hadn't yet determined that the altercation apparently HAPPENED onElizabethStreet! (And
    like you, Babs, I too, consider the finest moment--in a stunning track just chock-full of tremendous lines and Dylan vocal pyrotechnics--to
    Odd...Elizabeth Street reference in this song... https://www.bobdylan.com/songs/where-are-you-tonight-journey-through-dark-heat/
    But here, there is laughter...also a foot in the face...a father, a mysterious woman and a reference to St. John...
    And...this song has the word 'code' in it, which indicates it could have a 'hidden' meaning...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Pamela Brown@21:1/5 to Pamela Brown on Fri Sep 23 04:36:03 2022
    On Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 8:20:36 AM UTC-5, Pamela Brown wrote:
    On Monday, September 19, 2022 at 7:07:26 AM UTC-5, Pamela Brown wrote:
    Thanks for your comment re "Where Are You Tonight?", and yes, of COURSE I recogized that lyric! It's just that it seemed like Ms. "Bride", in tersely stating "Laughter down onElizabethStreet", was assuming I was merely posting this for laughs, rather than a serious inquiry. And when I first read her comment, I hadn't yet determined that the altercation apparently HAPPENED onElizabethStreet! (And
    like you, Babs, I too, consider the finest moment--in a stunning track
    just chock-full of tremendous lines and Dylan vocal pyrotechnics--to be that "paradise price/show you the scars" passage.)
    Odd...Elizabeth Street reference in this song... https://www.bobdylan.com/songs/where-are-you-tonight-journey-through-dark-heat/
    But here, there is laughter...also a foot in the face...a father, a mysterious woman and a reference to St. John...
    And...this song has the word 'code' in it, which indicates it could have a 'hidden' meaning...
    Aha! This is a 'key' song..."full-blooded Cherokee"...
    and 'code' could refer to 'he examines the nightingale's code' from Freeze-Out/VOJ....
    so a new strategy...using one song to point to another...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05