• ANNOUNCEMENT! STOP THE PRESSES

From Rachel@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 29 22:19:17 2022
    Will Dockery has confessed to me that he has finally realized that he is not perfect after all.

Just thought everyone would like to know.

Since he is obviously the best thing that has happened to Usenet and the people of earth since the discovery of baked potatoes.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Will Dockery@21:1/5 to Rachel on Thu Jul 14 02:05:41 2022
    On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 1:19:21 AM UTC-4, Rachel wrote:

Will Dockery has confessed to me that he has finally realized that he is not perfect after all.

Since he is obviously the best thing that has happened to Usenet and the people of earth since the discovery of baked potatoes.

Yes, I confess.

🙂

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rachel@21:1/5 to marc....@gmail.com on Sat Jul 16 11:24:30 2022
    On Saturday, July 16, 2022 at 11:20:37 AM UTC-7, marc....@gmail.com wrote:
    On Thursday, July 14, 2022 at 5:05:42 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:

Yes, I confess.

🙂
    Will, this thread reminds me of a very old joke about "perfection."

An Evangelist came to town and set up his tent for a Revival meeting. He handed out leaflets describing his sermon for that evening. By nightfall, hundreds of folks packed the tent to listen to the preacher. He launched into a lecture against sin. He
    warned about fire and brimstone. And he ended with a glorification of Jesus.

Gazing around the tent, he said to the crowd, "Jesus was the only perfect man ever to live. If you can name someone more perfect, raise your hand and tell me who that was."

Way in the back of the tent, an old man raised his hand.

The preacher was startled, "Stand up. You have the nerve...the audacity... to say that there was someone more perfect than Jesus Christ? "

Timidly, the old man said "Yes."

"And tell us who that was."

"My wife's first husband" said the old man.

How was he perfect?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From marc.catone@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Will Dockery on Sat Jul 16 11:20:35 2022

Yes, I confess.

🙂

An Evangelist came to town and set up his tent for a Revival meeting. He handed out leaflets describing his sermon for that evening. By nightfall, hundreds of folks packed the tent to listen to the preacher. He launched into a lecture against sin. He

Gazing around the tent, he said to the crowd, "Jesus was the only perfect man ever to live. If you can name someone more perfect, raise your hand and tell me who that was."

The preacher was startled, "Stand up. You have the nerve...the audacity... to say that there was someone more perfect than Jesus Christ? "

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Dockery@21:1/5 to marc....@gmail.com on Fri Jul 22 00:39:16 2022
    On Saturday, July 16, 2022 at 2:20:37 PM UTC-4, marc....@gmail.com wrote:

Yes, I confess.

🙂

Good one, Marc.

And great to see you here again.

🙂

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05