• Re: Bob Nuewirth

From General Zod@21:1/5 to Peter Stone Brown on Thu May 26 12:03:20 2022
    On Wednesday, January 5, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Peter Stone Brown wrote:
    Nobody but me wrote:

Neuwirth was Dylan's friend, big brother, road-warrior and chief harmonica tapper. He is also a singer/songwriter of note himself. "99 Monkeys" remains, in my view at least, one awesomely great album. He did stuff with the Alpha Band, appeared in "Renaldo and Clara" amongst other things. For a large chunk of Dylan's career Neuwirth was there and his influence should not be under-valued. I think he was also a painter but don't know much (ok... anything) about that.

Neuwirth wasn't really known as a songwriter at that time though he did play around the Cambridge folk scene. He was a scenester, officially Dylan's road manager, best buddy and partner in crime. For more about Neuwirth check out the
    great book on the Cambridge folk scene, "Baby Let Me Follow You Down," by Jim Rooney and Eric Von Schmidt.

--
    "Where the angels' voices whisper to the souls of previous times." --Bob Dylan
    Peter Stone Brown
    e-mail: pet...@erols.com http://store.yahoo.com/tangible-music/petstonbrowi.html

From the archives R.I.P.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Zod@21:1/5 to Nobody but me on Fri Jun 3 13:19:35 2022
    On Thursday, January 6, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Nobody but me wrote:

Neuwirth was Dylan's friend, big brother, road-warrior and chief harmonica tapper. He is also a singer/songwriter of note himself. "99 Monkeys"
    remains, in my view at least, one awesomely great album. He did stuff with the Alpha Band, appeared in "Renaldo and Clara" amongst other things. For a large chunk of Dylan's career Neuwirth was there and his influence should
    not be under-valued. I think he was also a painter but don't know much
    (ok... anything) about that.
    Normsmilay <norms...@aol.com> wrote in message news:20000105213946...@ng-da1.aol.com...
    Does anyone have any info on who this guy is and why Dylan liked him so
    much.
    His commentary is featured on Dont Look Back, but who was he? A friend, a musician, a leech......? Thanks for any help

-Norm

May he rest in peace...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wM7vH0qmhI

*****************A Tribute to Bob Neuwirth -Looking back to his duet with Ronee Blakley on Rolling Thunder Revue 1975
    3,064 views May 20, 2022 Bobby Neuwirth, Bob Dylan's old buddy since 1961, visual artist and singer-songwriter himself, became Dylan's regular sidekick on his mid-sixties tours, were reunited on the Rolling Thunder Revues of 1975/6. Look back to the
    second show of the Rolling Thunder tour in Plymouth, Massachusetts on October 31, 1975. Neuwirth introduces the core members of the band and invites Nashville singer and actress Ronee Blakley to the stage to duet with him on the homage to Hank Williams, "
    Alabama Dark (They Said Hank Williams Is Dead)."
    Bob Neuwirth has died aged 82 on May 18, 2022. RIP Bobby.*********************

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)