• Visiting Woody Guthrie at Greystone

From James Zadok@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 28 13:50:59 2022
    Stumbled upon an interesting YouTube video with Jahanara Romney (aka Bonnie Beecher) recalling her visits with Dylan to visit Woody Guthrie at Greystone Hospital in New Jersey in the early 1960s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQZJLVEauOA

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Willie@21:1/5 to James Zadok on Fri Apr 29 07:27:34 2022
    On Thursday, April 28, 2022 at 4:51:01 PM UTC-4, James Zadok wrote:
    Stumbled upon an interesting YouTube video with Jahanara Romney (aka Bonnie Beecher) recalling her visits with Dylan to visit Woody Guthrie at Greystone Hospital in New Jersey in the early 1960s.

Delightful. Thanks, James. I loved how, when someone fetches Woody's guitar, since he wanted to play a song on it (which turned out to be "Hard Travelin'") the fetcher says to Woody, "I didn't know you play guitar, Woody." Also Woody's reaction when
    Jahanara tells Woody she likes Josh White (who was a witness in the HUAC hearings). Oh, and when she is asked why Dylan brought her with him, she said she thought it might have been because nobody in Minnesota believed him when he said he visited Woody,
    so Jahanara could be his witness.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Zod@21:1/5 to Willie on Sat Apr 30 12:44:39 2022
    On Friday, April 29, 2022 at 10:27:35 AM UTC-4, Willie wrote:

Delightful. Thanks, James. I loved how, when someone fetches Woody's guitar, since he wanted to play a song on it (which turned out to be "Hard Travelin'") the fetcher says to Woody, "I didn't know you play guitar, Woody." Also Woody's reaction when
    Jahanara tells Woody she likes Josh White (who was a witness in the HUAC hearings). Oh, and when she is asked why Dylan brought her with him, she said she thought it might have been because nobody in Minnesota believed him when he said he visited Woody,

Agreed.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Just Kidding@21:1/5 to williamgwilliams@gmail.com on Sun May 1 01:26:14 2022
    On Fri, 29 Apr 2022 07:27:34 -0700 (PDT), Willie
    <williamgwilliams@gmail.com> wrote:

For those who may not know, Jahanara is married to Hugh Romney, aka
    Wavy Gravy.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Zod@21:1/5 to Just Kidding on Sun May 1 11:41:36 2022
    On Sunday, May 1, 2022 at 1:26:17 AM UTC-4, Just Kidding wrote:
    On Fri, 29 Apr 2022 07:27:34 -0700 (PDT), Willie
    <williamg...@gmail.com> wrote:

For those who may not know, Jahanara is married to Hugh Romney, aka
    Wavy Gravy.

Cool,,,,,

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05