• Legendary Radio Air Personality Dan Ingram, 83

From treg@iwvisp.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jun 25 09:42:17 2018
    DANIEL TROMBLEY "DAN" INGRAM - has passed away. He was 83.

THE NATIONAL RADIO HALL OF FAME inducted INGRAM by writing he was, "a radio pioneer and considered by some to be the best Top 40 DJ of all time. The son of musicians, he was born in OCEANSIDE, NY, on SEPTEMBER 7, 1934. INGRAM began his five decade
    broadcasting career at small stations such as WNRC/NEW ROCHELLE, NY, WALK/PATCHOGUE, NY, and WNHC/NEW HAVEN, CT, and worked at WICC/BRIDGEPORT, CT as 'Ray Taylor.” He moved on to larger markets and was responsible for huge ratings jumps at both KBOX/
    DALLAS and WIL/ST. LOUIS before returning to NEW YORK to create and sell radio contests for MARS BROADCASTING. In 1961, INGRAM returned to the airwaves at WABC/NEW YORK where he stayed for the next 21 years until it went all-talk. During that period he
    also did The Other DAN INGRAM SHOW playing jazz on WABC-FM. He combined humor, an irreverent style, and impeccable timing and established himself as the leading rock radio personality in NORTH AMERICA. INGRAM was the master of the 'talk-up,' speaking
    over the introduction and finishing his thoughts at the exact moment the lyrics started. After hosting the CBS RADIO’s syndicated Top 40 Satellite Survey and a stint on WKTU-FM/NEW YORK, he joined the oldies station WCBS-FM/NEW YORK in 1991 where he
    worked until he retired in 2003. DAN INGRAM was inducted into the RADIO HALL OF FAME in 2007."

Ray Arthur

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From marc.catone@gmail.com@21:1/5 to tr...@iwvisp.com on Thu Jun 28 20:59:33 2018
    On Monday, June 25, 2018 at 12:42:19 PM UTC-4, tr...@iwvisp.com wrote:
    DANIEL TROMBLEY "DAN" INGRAM - has passed away. He was 83.

Very sad to hear that my favorite AM disk jockey, Dan Ingram, has died. He was the best, in my opinion, for many years when WABC-AM ruled the airwaves all along the East Coast in the 60s. He was creative, spoke in double entendre, and was very funny as
    he spinned the hits of the day. Every Tuesday, WABC featured the new Top 20 hits survey for the week on the Dan Ingram show. Several times, I skipped school just to hear that (I couldn't wait until 7 PM when Cousin Brucie repeated the Top 20 countdown).
    I also was listening to Dan Ingram when the lights went out during the big Northeast Blackout of November 9, 1965.

Marc

https://www.amazon.com/Until-Birds-Chirp-Reflections-Sixties/dp/1532939035

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)