• Judy Dyble (Fairport Convention) interview, articles on guitar heroes (

From Jason Gross@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 31 17:35:00 2019
    Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <http://www.furious.com/perfect/index0619.html>, you'll find (among other things):

JUDY DYBLE
    Fairport Convention founder, interview by John Wisniewski
    From Fairport to the band that would birth King Crimson to Trader Horne and back to Fairport and Crimson, her autobiography and a recent box set, and more.

GUITAR HEROES
    Which classic rock guitarists are over-rated? by Gary Gomes
    "As we get older and our society gets more frightened by change, I have noticed increasing ossification of rankings in who is considered the best guitarist who ever lived. Jimi Hendrix essentially tops every current list and one of the other three (
    sometimes Jeff Beck) is ranked number 2 and the order falls in line after that. I am just here to tell you that you are being lied to, misled, hornswoggled, or whatever other term you wish to use."

MACARTHUR PARK
    Richard Harris & Donna Summer's suites by Paul Falconer
    "Near the top of my Sh-t Parade and in the face of some stiff competition from the likes of Plastique Bertrand's "Ca Plane Pour Moi" and "Where Do You Go To My Lovely" from Peter Sarstedt is "MacArthur Park." Made (in)famous by Richard Harris, its
    lovable dreadfulness comes from mawkish, obtuse lyrics delivered over a mournful malady (sorry, melody) but with an inspired change to an upbeat tempo five minutes into the song that vividly revives memories of the psychedelia of the time. "

We also have a Spotify playlist with most of the artists above here: <https://open.spotify.com/user/jgrossnas/playlist/2RuPCW3MdXn63x6XAz0mYB?si=jneR_FdLTauRovk4huzxfg>

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
    Jason

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)