• S&S Super E pouring Gas out of the overflow tube.......

From curzimauri@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun May 19 14:39:23 2019
    Does anyone know how to adjust a supper E float ..I have fuel comeing out of the over flow ..can any one help me figure out problems

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From nealb01834@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 6 19:43:10 2019
    On Thursday, January 25, 2001 at 9:21:25 PM UTC-5, CWP2110 wrote:
    Hey gang.... I have a '99 Super E on a S&S 113ci. The bike has been running fine short of the carb last week suddenly went so rich i fouled 2 sets of plugs
    in 24 hours. I got the carb dialed back in with the exception of a faint pop.
    otherwise, the bike ran fine.

so the other night i'm riding, (cold weather) and i pull up to a light. this guy rolls up and sez "good lookin bike, but you're leaking something bad".

turned out to be gas pouring out of the over flow on the carb..... i shut the line off and trailered it home.

i pulled the bowl off of the carburator tonight. everything looks fine. the float is free moving, no residue that i can see. no debris, nothing.... the bowl gasket is even clolored all the way across except around the overflow port. all along that edge there's a lighter pattern in the gasket. it dosen't go to the edge of the gasket but it does go to hole where the over flow port comes through the gasket.

is it possible that there's enough pressure in that bowl that the gas could "pour" out of the over flow the way it's doing?

logicly, i'm thinking the gas goes from the pump then to bowl. that would support the pressure on the gasket theory . but if it goes to the bowl, <gravity> then the pump, then i don't have clue what the problem is.

the bike is a 99 ultra ground pounder with only 1000 miles on it. ( i just got
    it) there's a residue buildup behind the air intake so there's definately been
    a lot of blow by. but the carb was set so rich, i can see why.

anyway.... the float looks fine. so what's the problem? why was gas pouring out
    of the over flow???

Chris
    I have a bourget 2001 low blow 117cc with a ss super carburetor ss g when a first bought the bike it ran I brought it home it ran but later I started it and the bike just ran the fuel out of the overflow I brought it to a dealer he rebuilt the
    carburetor ran good for a couple months took it for a ride ran rough made it home barely I shut it off and fuel ran out off carburetor overflow I shut off my pingel petcock overflow fuel still ran out until I shut the petcock off

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From nealb01834@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 6 19:22:50 2019
    Hey gang.... I have a '99 Super E on a S&S 113ci. The bike has been running fine short of the carb last week suddenly went so rich i fouled 2 sets of plugs

so the other night i'm riding, (cold weather) and i pull up to a light. this guy rolls up and sez "good lookin bike, but you're leaking something bad".

turned out to be gas pouring out of the over flow on the carb..... i shut the line off and trailered it home.

i pulled the bowl off of the carburator tonight. everything looks fine. the float is free moving, no residue that i can see. no debris, nothing.... the bowl gasket is even clolored all the way across except around the overflow port. all along that edge there's a lighter pattern in the gasket. it dosen't go to the edge of the gasket but it does go to hole where the over flow port comes through the gasket.

is it possible that there's enough pressure in that bowl that the gas could "pour" out of the over flow the way it's doing?

logicly, i'm thinking the gas goes from the pump then to bowl. that would support the pressure on the gasket theory . but if it goes to the bowl, <gravity> then the pump, then i don't have clue what the problem is.

of the over flow???

Chris

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From nealb01834@gmail.com@21:1/5 to nealb...@gmail.com on Fri Sep 6 19:47:13 2019
    On Friday, September 6, 2019 at 10:43:12 PM UTC-4, nealb...@gmail.com wrote:

so the other night i'm riding, (cold weather) and i pull up to a light. this
    guy rolls up and sez "good lookin bike, but you're leaking something bad".

turned out to be gas pouring out of the over flow on the carb..... i shut the
    line off and trailered it home.

i pulled the bowl off of the carburator tonight. everything looks fine. the float is free moving, no residue that i can see. no debris, nothing.... the
    bowl gasket is even clolored all the way across except around the overflow port. all along that edge there's a lighter pattern in the gasket. it dosen't
    go to the edge of the gasket but it does go to hole where the over flow port
    comes through the gasket.

of the over flow???

Chris
    I have a bourget 2001 low blow 117cc with a ss super carburetor ss g when a first bought the bike it ran I brought it home it ran but later I started it and the bike just ran the fuel out of the overflow I brought it to a dealer he rebuilt the
    carburetor ran good for a couple months took it for a ride ran rough made it home barely I shut it off and fuel ran out off carburetor overflow I shut off my pingel petcock overflow fuel still ran out until I shut the petcock off

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05