• Yamaha Radian -- Won't keep running

From gdotmarsh@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 4 19:54:36 2015
    Reviving a 15 year old thread just to tell you people how much I love you (and leave confirmation for anyone else who stumbles across it).

I've got a '90 Radian that I have spent *forever* trying to diagnose and checked fuel, spark, air, electrical, valve clearance, jets, *everything* trying to figure out.

I knew that I had a leaky carb, but I couldn't figure out how that would cause the issue. I rebuilt the carb with new float needles and verified float height and still had the issue.

Upon reading your reply, Mark, I initially called shenanigans and figured it was a keyboard hero making stuff up, but I knew I hadn't changed the oil lately and it did smell of gasoline, so I went outside and after trying everything else, disconnected
    the crankcase vent and *voila*, problem solved. I can hardly believe it.

So I'll give it an oil change tomorrow now that the leaking issue is solved and make sure that was the issue.

I've spent a lot of time around Jeeps and motorcycles and have *never* heard of such a thing before, but you saved my bacon, so thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Best,
    Geoff

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)