• 91 virago 1100 misfiring

From Bub Bubble@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jan 19 17:29:29 2020
    Hi guys. I am a viragoer from South America. This thread is amazing. So much carburation knowledge, so finely explained. I wander what happened to that bike that started running better. The owner didn't mention if he also changed the plugs looking to use
    the standard for the bike bp7es. I guess then the pilot jet was too big. I'm high up the Andes using a 40 idle in my mikuni carbs 125 front and 122.5 back such as the manual states. Recently I tried to swap to a 122.5 front and a 120 back and the bike
    didn't rev all the way up to red. So I changed them back to stock. But my main jets in 40 are fouling my spark plugs even using a bp6es. I am glad I read all the good advise here. Now I know what to do and what to look and listen for when troubleshooting.
    16 Years later but it's still good info for my 92 virago with 18000 miles and getting stronger. Thanks.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From georgesteyn8@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 12 07:19:27 2020
    Hi..I have a 98 virago xv1100.I had the carbs cleaned and synced.drives like a dream now..or so I thought..then it misfires again..soon as I change the plugs bpr7s..the misfire goes away.I dnt understand why it does this..before I had the carbs sorted..
    it would foul the plugs after a ride and when I remove them.they smell of petrol.now after the carbs have been sorted..plugs dnt smell of fuel.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)