• Woman Melanie Binette Who Led Two Rock Machine MC Bikers To Their Death

From Greg Carr@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 27 01:33:15 2020
    Woman who led two bikers to their deaths gets 17-year sentence
    "I don't get to have 'normal' again," says Rachel Wickenheiser, who survived the ambush that killed her Rock Machine boyfriend.

Author of the article:Paul Cherry • Montreal Gazette
    Publishing date:Oct 26, 2020 • Last Updated 10 hours ago • 3 minute read Melanie Binette, a woman who allegedly led three victims to an ambush where Binette's boyfriend, Richard Hunt, shot and killed two men and wounded a woman. Credit: Courtesy of Agence QMI
    Melanie Binette, 32, is left with an 11-year prison term after factoring in time already served. Courtesy of Agence QMI

The only survivor of an ambush that saw two biker gang members killed in cold blood in Vaudreuil-Dorion in 2016 says she has been unable to restore her faith in humanity.

Rachel Wickenheiser survived Richard Hunt’s plot to eliminate Joseph Fluet and Steven Lamarsh, both members of the Rock Machine biker gang.

Hunt’s girlfriend, Mélanie Binette, now 32, helped lure the two bikers as well as Wickenheiser — Lamarsh’s girlfriend — to a wooded area where Hunt was lying in wait with a loaded firearm.

Wickenheiser was shot in the knee in the ambush, and she held Lamarsh as he drew his final breath. She watched as Hunt pursued Fluet to finish him off.

The trio were lured to the area under the ruse they would help Hunt dig up cash he stole from a Garda armoured car in 2011.

Hunt owed Fluet money after having sold cocaine for him. In the weeks leading to his death, Fluet was applying more pressure on Hunt to pay what he owed.

Binette guided the trio to a clearing in the woods and told them where to start digging before Hunt emerged from the trees and opened fire. She pleaded guilty this month to two counts of manslaughter and one of discharging a firearm.

On Monday, at the Gouin courthouse, Superior Court Justice Éric Downs heard victim impact statements from Wickenheiser and others related to Fluet and Lamarsh.

The judge agreed with a joint recommendation — from lawyers on both sides — to hand Binette an overall sentence of 17 years. Factoring in time already served, Binette is left with an 11-year prison term.

MONTREAL, QUE.: DECEMBER 2, 2016 -- Sûreté Du Québec officers investigate the scene of a double homicide in a field in Vaudreuil-Dorion, west of Montreal, Friday December 2, 2016, after two gunshot victims died in hospital Thursday. Police suspect
    that the killings are related to organized crime. (Phil Carpenter / MONTREAL GAZETTE) ORG XMIT: 1203 city homicides
    Sûreté du Québec officers investigate the scene of the double homicide in Vaudreuil-Dorion in 2016. PHOTO BY PHIL CARPENTER /Montreal Gazette
    While explaining how the sentence recommendation was reached, prosecutor Camille Taillefer noted that Binette’s criminal record included other convictions for crimes she committed with Hunt.

The lawyer said it was difficult to find a precedent for a manslaughter conviction involving two homicide victims.

Defence lawyer Jean-Pierre Sharpe called the recommendation “excessively harsh,” and said Binette discussed the possibility of pleading guilty shortly after her arrest in December 2016.

All but one of the victim impact statements were read into the court record by Taillefer.

“The pain I fell is so severe; I feel as if my soul is broken,” the prosecutor said as she read from Wickenheiser’s statement. “I have lost my faith in humanity and I no longer believe (other people).

“I don’t get to have ‘normal’ again.” (Greg: Uhh hanging around a 1% motorcycle club like the Rock Machine and dealing cocaine and being involved with ppl who rob armoured cars and bury the loot is not normal. Most of humanity in Canada hates
    ppl like you and wishes you would all F off and die and leave their children and families and neighbours alone.)

Wickenheiser listed several emotional and physical problems she is still experiencing, nearly four years after being shot.

During his trial last year, Hunt claimed he was acting in self defence when he killed Fluet and Lamarsh, and that he had turned one of their firearms on them. The jury did not believe him, and a common theme of the victim impact statements was anger
    elicited by his version of events.

Hunt was convicted on two counts of first-degree murder and one of attempted murder. He received an automatic life sentence and will have to serve 25 years behind bars before becoming eligible for full parole.

Binette’s guilty plea was accompanied by a statement of facts entered into the court record in which she admitted Hunt was not acting in self defence.

Binette’s face displayed little emotion as Lamarsh’s mother, Ruth, read from her statement in court.

“On Dec. 1, 2016, you made a choice that impacted my and my family’s life forever,” the biker’s mother said. “You (only) decided to tell the truth now, for your own benefit.

“What you did on Dec. 1, 2016, will haunt me forever.”

pch...@postmedia.com

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/woman-who-led-bikers-to-their-deaths-gets-17-year-sentence

Oct. 27, 2011: Sherbrooke Street East, Montreal. A Garda armoured car was robbed

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/armoured-car-robberies-arrests-1.3377270 the crew which had a 16 year active armoured car heist record was busted Dec.22 2015.

(Greg: If the dead Rock Machine criminal cocaine dealers or the long lamenting Rachel Wickenheiser had done a simple Google search, "Garda 2011 Armoured Montreal robbery" they would realize within 5 seconds that those involved had been rounded up. You
    gave the Huet guy cocaine he did whatever with it you should have told him to dig up his own money and bring it to you. Didn't have the cojones to pull the hammer should have walked away and turned to construction work or something.)

Nothing to do with the post but this just blew me away:
    Sept. 7, 2005: Two guards working for Securicor were ambushed in the small Quebec town of Rigaud while stopping for breakfast. Thieves overpowered the guards and drove them to a more remote location, from which they made off with $13 million. Police at
    the time described the heist as one of the largest robberies in Canadian history. …
    https://www.questia.com/newspaper/1P3-2695628891/notable-armoured-car-robberies-in-canada

Or this version:

Sept. 7, 2005 An estimated $35 million was taken from an armoured truck in Riguad. The truck was ambushed by heavily armed attackers at a fast-food restaurant in Riguard. The truck was not meant to stop on the road between Ottawa and Montreal. Two guards
    were taken hostage but freed later. Hells Angels were believed to be involved. https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/montreal-armoured-truck-robberies-from-the-past-1.1972073

Dec. 1, 1990 $15.9 million in gold and securities was taken from armed guards in a Brink’s airplane at the Dorval – now Trudeau – Airport. Police solved the case after an informant shared information many years later.

March 1981 $2.4 million was taken from an armoured truck which had been left unlocked when two employees went to lunch in Montreal. The armed thief forced the driver out and abandoned the truck in an alleyway. Three suspects were arrested and charged two
    years later.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/montreal-armoured-truck-robberies-from-the-past-1.1972073

https://www.iheartradio.ca/cjad/news/man-arrested-in-connection-with-garda-truck-heist-has-long-criminal-history-1.2096553 this is interesting.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)