• OT: Very Long:These Companies Are White Collar Criminals and I Think Th

From Greg Carr@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 4 03:57:46 2020
    I Think Their Is Something Seriously Hinky About StackPath Llc. They Seem To Own A Company That Has Ripped Me Off And Continues To Try To.
    Yahoo
    /
    Sent

Greg Carr <gregpcarr@yahoo.ca>
    To:
    letters@bloomberg.net

Fri., Sep. 4 at 3:15 a.m.

© UsenetServer | 120 22nd Ave S. #146, Brookings, SD 57006 they sent me a email yesterday once again trying to scam me. Their so called service never worked for me and even after I cancelled the service which they acknowledged they continued to bill my
    credit card. I was able to get some of the money refunded by them but I figure they owe me 2 grand. Could you please cancel their mailbox since it is being used for fraud. Have great weekend.!!!

Greg,

I am a detective with the Brookings Police Department. I was asked to look into your complaint regarding USENET. As of right now I don’t have a ton of answers but wanted to let you know what I’ve found out so far. The address listed for USENET is
    actually our local UPS Store. I was able to confirm with UPS USENET does have a mailbox at the store #146. I have identified the person who set up the box as a male out of Winter Park, Florida. It also appears he has a similar online business set up
    called Easynews, which comes back to a UPS store in Miami Florida. The phone numbers for both businesses appear to be out of Phoenix, AZ and I believe they are both VOIP numbers, which is quite unusual for a legitimate business. I believe I have also
    identified a legitimate business which this guy does work for in Winter Park, Florida so I am planning on doing some follow up with that company to see if I can find anything else out about him. I know these aren’t real answers right now but I can
    tell you there is no physical business her in Brookings, South Dakota that business operates out of and as far as I can tell no “employees” for the business here either. Why he chose to use a UPS mailbox in South Dakota is puzzling as well but I
    will continue to dig on this and see what I can find. I will let you know what I do find out regarding this. If you have any questions please let me know.
    Adam Smith <asmith@brookingsleo.org>

Detective Adam Smith

Brookings Police Department

On Thursday, July 9, 2020, 03:33:44 p.m. PDT, UsenetServer <em...@usenetserver.com> wrote:

UsenetServer
    Get $2.99 Usenet
    Your special $2.99 deal expires soon!

Don’t miss out on unlimited downloads, unlimited speeds, unlimited search, FREE Zero-Log VPN, and 5 months of FREE service.
    Your Special Deal:
    $19.94
    $2.99
    Includes 5 Months of Free Service!
    85% Exclusive Deal

FREE 5 Months of Service

4,343 Days Binary & Text Retention

60 Connections

Unlimited Downloads

Unlimited Download Speeds
    We do not throttle your download speeds, unlike other providers.
    No Speed Caps

Unlimited Search

FREE Zero-Log VPN
    Zero-Log VPN protects your online identity and secures your email, web, streaming, and P2P traffic.
    GET $2.99 USENET

Offer expires in 24 hours.
    © UsenetServer | 120 22nd Ave S. #146, Brookings, SD 57006
    View Online | Unsubscribe

To continue receiving great deals from UsenetServer, please add em...@usenetserver.com to your safe senders list.

Easynews, Newshosting, Readnews, Newsgroup.Ninja and Usenetserver are
    owned by Omicron Media and operate under the Highwinds Media backbone.
    Its public knowledge by now.

Their headquarters are in Winter Park Florida.

Google Groups

Highwinds Network Group
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to navigationJump to search
    Highwinds Network Group
    Highwinds Network Group logo.png
    Type
    Private
    Industry Internet
    Founded 2002, Acquired 2017
    Headquarters 941 W. Morse Boulevard, Winter Park, Florida, United States

(Greg: I searched the address and it is a nice looking office building which apparently has a lot of short term businesses located there. According to their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Highwinds they are now Stackpath there has been no
    activity on their FB account in 19 months.)
    Key people
    Steve Miller, Lance Crosby

(Greg: These ppl are also associated with https://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Winter-Park/807-W-Morse-Blvd-Winter-Park-FL-32789-a24593.aspx 807 W.Morse Blvd. Winter Park Fl. https://omicronmedia.com/contact/ list this as their home address. (407) 215-
    2433 its an office building. )
    Parent StackPath
    Website highwinds.com
    Highwinds Network Group, Inc. (Highwinds) is a company that was founded in 2002 and offers IP services including CDN, cloud storage, IP transit, transport and colocation.[1] The company headquarters are located in Winter Park, Florida, United States.
    Highwinds maintains Network Operations Centers (NOCs) in Winter Park, FL, Phoenix, AZ, and Amsterdam, Netherlands as well as offices in Costa Mesa, CA, São Paulo, Brazil and London, England. The Highwinds network, called RollingThunder, consists of more
    than 70 points of presence[2] throughout North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.[3] Highwinds provides video streaming services to media companies including Blip.TV[4] and Hudl,[5] delivers online games for publishers such as Valve[6]
    and CCP Games[7] and distributes advertising assets for leading platforms including Facebook's LiveRail.[8]

Contents
    1 Financing announcements
    2 HW Media anticompetitive practices controversy
    3 See also
    4 References
    5 External links
    Financing announcements
    On March 11, 2008, Highwinds announced it had closed a $55 million[9] round of equity financing led by General Catalyst Partners[10] and Alta Communications.[11] The funds will be used to expand the Highwinds CDN and RollingThunder network.

On May 4, 2011, Highwinds announced that it had secured a $50 million[12] credit facility with Silicon Valley Bank and Comerica Bank. According to the press release from the company, the new credit facility allowed Highwinds to achieve a more attractive
    all-in cost of capital and was evidence of the company's impressive financial profile.

On August 8, 2013, Highwinds announced that it had secured $205 million[13] in new financing. The transaction was led by Cerberus Business Finance, LLC and Goldman Sachs BDC, Inc., an investment fund managed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management, L.P., with
    participation from the company's existing equity sponsor, General Catalyst Partners, and the company's management team. The funding positioned Highwinds for massive growth of its global CDN.

On February 4, 2017, Highwinds was acquired by StackPath, a cloud services company.[14] Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed. As quoted in their blog, "Highwinds' services and platform will be integrated with existing StackPath
    offerings and operations to create a single global platform with the industry's best security features and performance."

Omicron Media, the former owner of Highwinds, maintained ownership over the Usenet portion of Highwinds and maintains their operations under the name HW Media.[15] HW Media currently provides Usenet services to ISPs and resellers. HW Media is
    consistently in the Top 10 out on the TOP1000 Usenet Servers.[16]

HW Media anticompetitive practices controversy

This section needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.
    Find sources: "Highwinds Network Group" – news · newspapers · books · scholar · JSTOR (May 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
    HW Media (the part of Highwinds still owned by Omicron Media) is well known for its reseller services and claiming to be the Usenet server with the largest retention. However, resellers of HW media fail to disclose that they work with the company. Most
    people who buy multiple accounts for increased binary completion end up buying multiple accounts from different HW resellers. This leads to people paying multiple times for the same service. This has drawn criticism from Usenet users that HW Media is
    trying to deceive customers by not making their resellers disclose their affiliation with HW Media. The list below is non-exhaustive list of HW Media resellers:

Easynews
    NewsgroupDirect
    Newsgroup.Ninja
    Newshosting
    UsenetServer
    Tweaknews

FLORIDA OFFICE
    807 W Morse Blvd,
    Winter Park, FL 32789
    407-410-8830

Support Center Open 24 hours

ARIZONA OFFICE
    3300 N. Central Ave
    Phoenix, AZ 85012

NETHERLANDS OFFICE
    Staten
    Bolwerk 1
    2011 MK Haarlem
    Netherlands

Contact - Omicron Media

Guess they missed the memo on diversity. All their photos show white ppl between the ages of 25-35.

Team - Omicron Media

Board of Directors - Omicron Media

Riomar Capital
    Founded in 2016 through the acquisition of HousingWire, HW Media reaches over 4.5 million annual unique visitors and engages over 50,000 newsletter subscribers. Based in Dallas, TX with team members across the country, HW Media is owned by Riomar
    Capital, an entrepreneurial investment firm.

Clayton Collins, Managing Partner
    Clayton Collins is the Founder and Managing Partner at Riomar Capital, an entrepreneurial investment firm formed to acquire, operate and grow a private business. Riomar Capital acquired HousingWire in 2016. Clayton currently serves as President and CEO
    of HousingWire.

Prior to founding Riomar Capital, Clayton Collins worked at RBC Capital Markets in the Mergers and Acquisitions Group based in New York, New York. He advised public and private corporations on a variety of M&A and corporate finance mandates across a
    diverse range of industries, including digital media, broadcasting and technology.

Before joining RBC, Clayton was Vice President of National Sales and Marketing at Citibank in New York, New York. In this role, Clayton managed the development and implementation of sales and marketing strategies, relationship management tools and
    enhancements to the sales process for Citibank’s retail and commercial banking operations. Clayton began his career in Citibank’s Management Associate Leadership Development Program.

Clayton completed his MBA at The Fuqua School of Business at Duke University. He graduated from Elon University with a BS in Business Administration. Originally from Vero Beach, Florida, Clayton resides in Dallas, Texas.

Team – Riomar Capital

On Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 01:27:35 p.m. PDT, UsenetServer <support@usenetserver.com> wrote:

New reply for the ticket #UNS00033125

Hello.

I am very sorry that your experience has not been a good one. We strive to keep our customers happy, so let's see what we can do here. I see that were were charged $95.40 on the following dates:
    2018-04-13
    2019-04-13
    2020-04-13

You filed a chargeback for the most recent charge on 2020-04-29. We would like to go ahead and refund the other two charges, but they are too old, and our payment processors will not allow it. However, if you could please send us a PayPal address, we
    can send you a refund for the other two charges (for a total of $190.80).

Please let us know how you would like to proceed.

Regards,
    UsenetServer Support

#UNS00033125

I figure you owe me 2 grand so donate it to the Surrey Food Bank or MS Society Canada or British Columbia Schizophrenic Society or Union Gospel Mission in my name they have my address on file for the receipt and I will pursue some other cretins who owe
    me money. I won't hold my breath. LOL.

=============================================================================================================
    UsenetServer <email@usenetserver.com>Unsubscribe
    To:gregpcarr@yahoo.ca

Thu., Sep. 3 at 10:05 p.m.

UsenetServer
    Get $2.99 Usenet
    We’re celebrating Labor Day with an exclusive special on our most popular plan! For a limited time, get $2.99 UNLIMITED Usenet.

This plan comes with unlimited downloads, unlimited speeds, unlimited search, 60 connections, free Zero-Log VPN, 4,402+ days of binary retention (this is the highest number in the industry, and the higher retention, the more successful your searches will
    be), and 3 months of free service.
    Your Labor Day Special:
    $19.94
    $2.99
    Includes 3 Months of Free Service!
    85% Exclusive Deal

FREE 3 Months of Service

4,402 Days Binary & Text Retention

60 Connections

Unlimited Downloads

Unlimited Download Speeds
    We do not throttle your download speeds, unlike other providers.
    No Speed Caps

Unlimited Search

FREE Zero-Log VPN
    Zero-Log VPN protects your online identity and secures your email, web, streaming, and P2P traffic.
    GET $2.99 USENET

You work hard for your money - let us do what we can to help you keep it. (Greg: The cheek of these criminal fraudsters and liars and grifters doubt they have worked a job that causes a sweat in their life.)
    © UsenetServer | 120 22nd Ave S. #146, Brookings, SD 57006
    View Online | Unsubscribe

To continue receiving great deals from UsenetServer, please add email@usenetserver.com to your safe senders list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StackPath

StackPath, LLC.
    StackPath-logo-2.png
    Type private company
    Industry Internet
    Founded 2015; 5 years ago
    Founders Lance Crosby (Chairman & CEO), Jason Gulledge, Ryan Carter Headquarters Dallas, Texas, 75201
    USA
    Products Content Delivery Network
    Revenue Increase $157 million (2017)
    Number of employees 275 (2017)
    Website stackpath.com

The scam continues but the names of the players remain the same for some reason probably to suck in investors before the whole thing craters into the nearest state prison while the names of the front companies change faster than the specials list at the
    local watering hole.

Sales
    sales@stackpath.com
    +1 (877) 629-2361 (US)
    +1 (323) 313-1206 (International)
    Corporate Office
    2021 McKinney Ave. Suite 1100
    Dallas, TX 75201

(877) 629-2361

StackPath Llc
    StackPath, LLC provides cyber security solution. The Company offers security platform services to protect systems from cyber threats, viruses, and other threats. StackPath serves customers worldwide.
    SECTOR
    Technology
    INDUSTRY
    Software
    SUB-INDUSTRY
    Infrastructure Software
    FOUNDED
    08/27/2015
    ADDRESS
    2021 McKinney Avenue Suite 1100 Dallas, TX 75201 United States
    PHONE
    1-323-313-1206
    WEBSITE
    www.stackpath.com
    NO. OF EMPLOYEES
    --
    Executives
    NAME/TITLE
    Lance Crosby Esq
    CEO/Co-Founder
    Wen Temitim
    Chief Technology Officer
    Board Members
    NAME/COMPANY
    Sujata Gosalia
    Cox Communications Inc
    Bob Pan
    ABRY Partners LLC
    Dr Kevin Hutchins
    Juniper Networks Inc

https://www.bloomberg.com/profile/company/1428631D:US

https://ca.trustpilot.com/review/www.easynews.com as they change the names of the companies and the top ppl flee to a new company name the scamming intensifies.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)