• Merry X-mas to the RMD diehard

From gmgb061@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 18 08:33:54 2019
    Hello RMDers,

Merry Christmas.

The Baxter update is that Tracy and I have moved from California to Pickens, South Carolina. I have 37 acres to play on. Tracy still has her Pampera and I sold all my bikes prior to the move. I picked up a 2008 GasGas TXT250 Pro trials bike to use to
    cut trail and get more fit. Unfortunately, my left wrist is making it bit difficult and painful. Just old injuries.

Regards,
    Mike Baxter

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The Real Bev@21:1/5 to gmgb061@gmail.com on Wed Dec 18 09:21:06 2019
    On 12/18/2019 08:33 AM, gmgb061@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello RMDers,

Merry Christmas.

The Baxter update is that Tracy and I have moved from California to
    Pickens, South Carolina. I have 37 acres to play on. Tracy still
    has her Pampera and I sold all my bikes prior to the move. I picked
    up a 2008 GasGas TXT250 Pro trials bike to use to cut trail and get
    more fit. Unfortunately, my left wrist is making it bit difficult
    and painful. Just old injuries.

Regards, Mike Baxter

<crickets>

Well, SOME of us haven't given up even if actual riding is a thing of
    the past. I was just looking at Volker's pictures the other day...

Facebook sucks, but it's pretty much all we have now <sob>

--
    Cheers, Bev
    "This software is as user-friendly as a cornered rat!"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From lowercase john@21:1/5 to gmgb061@gmail.com on Thu Dec 19 11:36:58 2019
    On 12/18/2019 11:33 AM, gmgb061@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello RMDers,

Merry Christmas.

The Baxter update is that Tracy and I have moved from California to Pickens, South Carolina. I have 37 acres to play on. Tracy still has her Pampera and I sold all my bikes prior to the move. I picked up a 2008 GasGas TXT250 Pro trials bike to use
    to cut trail and get more fit. Unfortunately, my left wrist is making it bit difficult and painful. Just old injuries.

Regards,
    Mike Baxter

merry Christmas mike.
    i'm still in NE ohio.
    don't fly much anymore maybe 3-5 times a year
    same with sweet baby <jim's old gasgas ec250>
    took up fly fishing, <that's easy on the wrist>
    was 7 deg this morning, time to help get
    neighbors snowmobiles hauled up to upstate NY.
    john

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Futility Man@21:1/5 to All on Thu Dec 19 16:36:41 2019
    On a whim I tried to start the old DR250 a couple of days ago. It hadn't been started in 2019, not on a charger, no Stabil, ethanol gas in it. I did run the carb dry when I put it away last year.

It started. First time it's been out since October last year.

Greetings to all. Come see us at www.huntslodge.com if you're riding in southeast Tennessee.

--
    Futility Man
    '99 Honda ST1100
    '95 Suzuki DR250SE
    2011 Kawasaki Teryx
    www.huntslodge.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jdhall@21:1/5 to gmg...@gmail.com on Thu Dec 26 11:44:47 2019
    On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 9:33:55 AM UTC-7, gmg...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello RMDers,

Merry Christmas.

The Baxter update is that Tracy and I have moved from California to Pickens, South Carolina. I have 37 acres to play on. Tracy still has her Pampera and I sold all my bikes prior to the move. I picked up a 2008 GasGas TXT250 Pro trials bike to use
    to cut trail and get more fit. Unfortunately, my left wrist is making it bit difficult and painful. Just old injuries.

Regards,
    Mike Baxter

I stop by every once in a while. i sold the KTM a few months ago. Still have the 950, and a bunch of old bike projects. I stay out of Facebook for too many reasons.

Merry Christmas - a little belated.

Jim Hall
    Turning Money into noise.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sturd.virtec@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Dec 30 12:04:07 2019
    Baxter updates:

Tracy and I have moved from California to Pickens, South Carolina. I have 37 >acres to play on. Tracy still has her Pampera and I sold all my bikes prior to
    the move. I picked up a 2008 GasGas TXT250 Pro trials bike to use to cut trail
    and get more fit. Unfortunately, my left wrist is making it bit difficult and >painful. Just old injuries.

I was just in Washington, GA at Aonia Pass for an AHRMA race, right around the corner from you, a few weeks back. Ran the trials in exhibition on my Gas-gas JT250 and the dirt track in lightweight Vintage on my C&J framed XL250.

Two weekends ago an indoor concrete race on maddog bikes.

Trying to get Deeney to come east again next year though we may do Black Hills. I'd like to try upper part of the lower part of MI. The UP is way cool but been there before.

You've gotta be fairly close to Brushy Mountain riding area, yes?

Go fast. Take chances.
    Mike S.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gmgb061@gmail.com@21:1/5 to sturd...@gmail.com on Tue Dec 31 05:42:44 2019
    On Monday, December 30, 2019 at 3:04:08 PM UTC-5, sturd...@gmail.com wrote:
    Baxter updates:

Tracy and I have moved from California to Pickens, South Carolina. I have 37
    acres to play on. Tracy still has her Pampera and I sold all my bikes prior to
    and get more fit. Unfortunately, my left wrist is making it bit difficult and
    painful. Just old injuries.

I was just in Washington, GA at Aonia Pass for an AHRMA race, right around the corner from you, a few weeks back. Ran the trials in exhibition on my Gas-gas JT250 and the dirt track in lightweight Vintage on my C&J framed XL250.

Trying to get Deeney to come east again next year though we may do Black Hills. I'd like to try upper part of the lower part of MI. The UP is way cool but been there before.

Go fast. Take chances.
    Mike S.

Loosenut FZ1 <gmgb061@gmail.com>
    Mon, Dec 30, 3:25 PM (17 hours ago)
    to rec.motorcycles.dirt

Brushy Mountain is a 3 hour drive. I'm sure I'll check it out sooner or later. I'll probably want a full on off-road bike with a seat for a larger area.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Real Bev@21:1/5 to gmgb061@gmail.com on Tue Dec 31 09:02:44 2019
    On 12/31/2019 05:42 AM, gmgb061@gmail.com wrote:
    On Monday, December 30, 2019 at 3:04:08 PM UTC-5, sturd...@gmail.com wrote:
    Baxter updates:

Tracy and I have moved from California to Pickens, South Carolina. I have 37
    acres to play on. Tracy still has her Pampera and I sold all my bikes prior to
    and get more fit. Unfortunately, my left wrist is making it bit difficult and
    painful. Just old injuries.

Go fast. Take chances.
    Mike S.

Loosenut FZ1 <gmgb061@gmail.com>
    Mon, Dec 30, 3:25 PM (17 hours ago)
    to rec.motorcycles.dirt

Brushy Mountain is a 3 hour drive. I'm sure I'll check it out sooner or later. I'll probably want a full on off-road bike with a seat for a larger area.

Gained a lot of weight in your butt since the move?

--
    Cheers, Bev
    When your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a thumb.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05