• Decals for Viet Nam era M110

From Doug@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 28 02:40:21 2017
    Need one (1) set of correct decals to complete a Viet Nam era M110 (not the A1 or A2
    versions), preferably from a domestic (USA) source.

Thanks for any recommendations or offers to sell.

Doug

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From RobG@21:1/5 to Doug on Wed Mar 1 07:13:01 2017
    On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 3:40:14 AM UTC-5, Doug wrote:
    Need one (1) set of correct decals to complete a Viet Nam era M110 (not the A1 or A2

Doug

http://www.mecmodels.com/wordpress/?product=de-ho01-m107-m110-decals

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Doug@21:1/5 to RobG on Thu Mar 2 00:23:50 2017
    Thanks Rob. I found MecModels and note they are based in the Netherlands, not clear if
    they have a US based distributor as the website is rather basic, and having had less than
    desireable results ordering from outside the US I prefer to buy from domestic sources.
    Their M110 decals look good, although I only need decals for one kit, not 4 different
    M107’s and 4 different M110’s.

RobG <rgronovius@gmail.com> wrote:

Doug

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RobG@21:1/5 to Doug on Thu Mar 2 23:05:54 2017
    On Thursday, March 2, 2017 at 1:23:44 AM UTC-5, Doug wrote:
    Thanks Rob. I found MecModels and note they are based in the Netherlands, not clear if
    they have a US based distributor as the website is rather basic, and having had less than
    desireable results ordering from outside the US I prefer to buy from domestic sources.
    Their M110 decals look good, although I only need decals for one kit, not 4 different

RobG <> wrote:

Doug

Tamiya USA carries the M107 reboxed kit that has Vietnam era decals. Perhaps you can order those decals from them?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Doug@21:1/5 to RobG on Fri Mar 3 02:14:57 2017
    Thanks again Rob!

Will be calling Tamiya America Customer Service tomorrow - their customer service does not
    accept requests for replacements via e-mail, which seems a bit strange. Kit is out of
    stock - hope they have decals available.

The 175mm gun's barrel appears to be extraordinarily long - wonder how many rounds it
    could fire before having to be refurbished or replaced?

RobG <> wrote:

Doug

Tamiya USA carries the M107 reboxed kit that has Vietnam era decals. Perhaps you can order those decals from them?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RobG@21:1/5 to Doug on Fri Mar 3 22:39:42 2017
    On Friday, March 3, 2017 at 3:14:50 AM UTC-5, Doug wrote:
    Thanks again Rob!

Will be calling Tamiya America Customer Service tomorrow - their customer service does not
    accept requests for replacements via e-mail, which seems a bit strange. Kit is out of

The 175mm gun's barrel appears to be extraordinarily long - wonder how many rounds it

RobG wrote:

RobG <> wrote:

Doug

From what I remember about gun tube wear, there is an EFC or equivalent full charge as opposed to a true number of rounds fired. I know since artillery can change the charge, it depends on the type round and the charge that was used.

I am more familiar with tank guns. There was a different EFC factor based on the type of round fired, sabot or heat, training round or service ammo.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Doug@21:1/5 to RobG on Thu Mar 9 07:45:44 2017
    Good news - one set of M107 decals are in the mail from Tamiya! Was surprised decals were
    available when the kit is out of stock. Thank you for the suggestion.

On Friday, March 3, 2017 at 3:14:50 AM UTC-5, Doug wrote:
    Thanks again Rob!

RobG wrote:

RobG <> wrote:

Doug

From what I remember about gun tube wear, there is an EFC or equivalent full charge as opposed to a true number of rounds fired. I know since artillery can change the charge, it depends on the type round and the charge that was used.

I am more familiar with tank guns. There was a different EFC factor based on the type of round fired, sabot or heat, training round or service ammo.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05