• Old revell enamel paints

From Selman Yarar@21:1/5 to All on Sat Dec 24 09:07:55 2016
    Hello,

one of my friends found in the attic very old revell email colors with codes which don't exist anymore and he doesn't recall when, where and why he bought them. These are:

41, 44, 63, 64, 72 and 73.

There's no info on the internet sites we know and no result at while googling. Does anybody know where to find information about these colors?
    What were they? RLM-colors? FS? Anything else?

Appreciate any kind of info

Best regards

Selman

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From RobG@21:1/5 to Selman Yarar on Sun Dec 25 20:56:26 2016
    On Saturday, December 24, 2016 at 12:07:57 PM UTC-5, Selman Yarar wrote:
    Hello,

one of my friends found in the attic very old revell email colors with codes which don't exist anymore and he doesn't recall when, where and why he bought them. These are:

There's no info on the internet sites we know and no result at while googling. Does anybody know where to find information about these colors?

Best regards

Selman

When I was stationed in Germany, I bought a bunch of Revell of Germany enamel paints in little tins like Humbrol uses. I remember buying colors based on the cap color which was the color of the contents.

I Googled revell of germany enamel tins and came up with scores of photos and pictures of charts. Here is an eBay auction that uses some sort of code for the "email" line.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-X-Revell-Enamel-Model-Paints-14ML-Choose-your-Colours-/271062237210

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From MrTsquare@21:1/5 to All on Mon Dec 26 14:16:13 2016
    In article <405da4a1-eab2-403c-81d5-2330a60e58b4@googlegroups.com>, rgronovius@gmail.com says...

On Saturday, December 24, 2016 at 12:07:57 PM UTC-5, Selman Yarar wrote:
    Hello,

Best regards

Selman

When I was stationed in Germany, I bought a bunch of Revell of Germany enamel paints in little tins like Humbrol uses. I remember buying colors based on the cap color which was the color of the contents.

I Googled revell of germany enamel tins and came up with scores of photos and pictures of charts. Here is an eBay auction that uses some sort of code for the "email" line.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-X-Revell-Enamel-Model-Paints-14ML-Choose-your-Colours-/271062237210

Another possibility based on a search of "revelle model paint" from the
    revelle germany web site is

http://downloads.hobbico.com/misc/rmx/TES_Revell_Paint_Match_Guide.pdf

Interestingly, your numbers are specifically missing from the right hand
    digits of the left column of the Revelle cross reference guide. IE, I
    might guess that your 41 is a greenish color, your 44 is a grey/green
    color, your 63/64 colors are greens and your 73/74 are grays.

T2

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05