• WWII mystery-still unsolved(f6f Hellcat)

From patcohenrealtor@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Patrick Huss on Fri Oct 19 14:05:58 2018
    On Thursday, August 17, 1995 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-6, Patrick Huss wrote:
    Hello everyone,
    I work at an art gallery that just acquired a stunning painting
    of an F6F Hellcat in flight. This picture was painted by Wayne Davis, the head of Grumman's art department during WWII. Around the picture on the
    matte are 31 signatures. "Who are these people?" I ask. " What is there affiliation with Grumman and the Hellcat?",
    Who can help me?
    If you know these people, or think you can help me find out, your help
    will be greatly appreciated.
    These are the names:
    Fred Arnisky John Anderson Joey Greta Hank Abrams Mark Ball
    Carl Dunne Al Randey Henry J. Scheibel jr. Victor Geble
    Randy Moore THomas Bautiller HR Crawford A. Thorne Bob Hull
    BA Converse Roy Seligman Morman Contant Hank Kurt Robert Dawling Gil (Al) Greenway FJ Cowley Brad Gillies "Ted" Kenyon
    Elizabeth H. Hooker Michel A Fuoricy Jack Strager Wally Clain
    (G) Jordon Israel CW Meyer Teddy Kenyon Pat Gallo

-
    PATRICK HUSS JTHV42B@prodigy.com
    OPUS-ELF THORTY-TOE ____
    _____________________/bump\______________

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From patcohenrealtor@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Patrick Huss on Fri Oct 19 14:17:59 2018
    Hello everyone,
    of an F6F Hellcat in flight. This picture was painted by Wayne Davis, the head of Grumman's art department during WWII. Around the picture on the matte are 31 signatures. "Who are these people?" I ask. " What is there affiliation with Grumman and the Hellcat?",
    Who can help me?
    These are the names:
    BA Converse Roy Seligman Morman Contant Hank Kurt Robert Dawling Gil (Al) Greenway FJ Cowley Brad Gillies "Ted" Kenyon

-
    OPUS-ELF THORTY-TOE ____

Hello everyone,
    of an F6F Hellcat in flight. This picture was painted by Wayne Davis, the head of Grumman's art department during WWII. Around the picture on the matte are 31 signatures. "Who are these people?" I ask. " What is there affiliation with Grumman and the Hellcat?",
    Who can help me?
    These are the names:

-
    OPUS-ELF THORTY-TOE ____

My Father was Pat Gallo. He was an aeronautical engineer and experimental test pilot for Grummann. I believe he flew the Hellcat, brought the Wildcat into production and was killed in the Bearcat. Randy Moore was my stepfather. I recognize the names
    of other Grummann pilots: Hank Scheibel, Corkey Meyer who I think was the experimental test pilot that took the Hellcat off the line and became president of Grummann, Conny Converse, Roy Seligman and Frank Cowley
    PatCohenRealtor@gmail.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From david@djgallocpa.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 12 09:08:38 2018
    My Father was Pat Gallo. He was an aeronautical engineer and experimental test pilot for Grummann. I believe he flew the Hellcat, brought the Wildcat into production and was killed in the Bearcat. Randy Moore was my stepfather. I recognize the names
    of other Grummann pilots: Hank Scheibel, Corkey Meyer who I think was the experimental test pilot that took the Hellcat off the line and became president of Grummann, Conny Converse, Roy Seligman and Frank Cowley
    PatCohenRealtor@gmail.com

Not sure how to track this down. Someone wrote here "My father was Pat Gallo" and that Pat Gallo was a test pilot. I had an uncle named Pat Gallo that was a Grumman test pilot and was killed in the 1950s when his plan malfunctioned. This was even before
    my parents met. We did not know much about Pat - I think my father (Louis Gallo of Quincy) was devastated by his hero older brother's death. Do you think we were talking about the same Pat Gallo? I would be so interested if we were.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05