• 20mm sci fi figures?

From Mike Smith@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 5 12:34:46 2017
    I'm building a 'space city' for a kiddie and I am looking for figures to populate it. I do have some Airfix Astronauts and assorted toy soldiers/civilians that can be pressed into service but there seems to be a derth of 20mm sci-fi other than overpriced
    movie merchandising. The 'city' is for imaginative play, I don't want them constricted into some narrow film related universe so I'll be building the various craft for the 'space port' but I'm not up to sculpting figures.

Anyone got any recommendations for 20mm-1:72 sci fi figures?

The old Dark Dream sets are no longer in production (sad that), surely its about time for a box of Airfix Dan Dare with a complementary box of the Mekon and his Treens?

Suggestions welcome - One idea was to use some renaissance era figure sets, if all else fails I'll try that approach.

Cheers

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From RobG@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 5 23:03:58 2017
    There is a gaming set called Heroclix that has very small figures from various series like Star Wars, Marvel and DC comics, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings, etc. Scale sometimes varies but there is such a wide variety that you should be able to find
    some mixed sets on eBay that would fit what you need.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RobG@21:1/5 to Mike Smith on Wed Jul 5 23:04:51 2017
    On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 3:34:47 PM UTC-4, Mike Smith wrote:
    I'm building a 'space city' for a kiddie and I am looking for figures to populate it. I do have some Airfix Astronauts and assorted toy soldiers/civilians that can be pressed into service but there seems to be a derth of 20mm sci-fi other than
    overpriced movie merchandising. The 'city' is for imaginative play, I don't want them constricted into some narrow film related universe so I'll be building the various craft for the 'space port' but I'm not up to sculpting figures.

The old Dark Dream sets are no longer in production (sad that), surely its about time for a box of Airfix Dan Dare with a complementary box of the Mekon and his Treens?

Suggestions welcome - One idea was to use some renaissance era figure sets, if all else fails I'll try that approach.

Cheers

Mike

Checklist of various Heroclix figures.

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533823

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mike Smith@21:1/5 to RobG on Thu Jul 6 03:24:59 2017
    On Thursday, 6 July 2017 07:04:53 UTC+1, RobG wrote:
    On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 3:34:47 PM UTC-4, Mike Smith wrote:
    I'm building a 'space city' for a kiddie and I am looking for figures to populate it. I do have some Airfix Astronauts and assorted toy soldiers/civilians that can be pressed into service but there seems to be a derth of 20mm sci-fi other than
    overpriced movie merchandising. The 'city' is for imaginative play, I don't want them constricted into some narrow film related universe so I'll be building the various craft for the 'space port' but I'm not up to sculpting figures.

Cheers

Mike

Checklist of various Heroclix figures.

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533823

Thanks for that - The list looks tempting although I will probably mod them to break the obvious connection to any particular movie franchise - The Airfix 2001 shuttles are getting air intakes on the top and new nose and a tail as well as wheels and some
    other mods to disguise them and I liked a cross between a Harrier and an Angel Interceptor I saw on a forum so I will be checking out the new snap-together cheap Harriers for parts.

Cheers

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05