• how may i remove an old post

From Josh@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jul 1 20:21:35 2017
    hi

many yeara ago, i made a posting in this group with 2 replies.

personal info were revealed and people had used it to track, spam, troll, harass me.

i had googled n learn to cluck on top right cirner to repirt the message but no action.

how may i remove the thread i created with my post?

thank you
    thank you

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From RobG@21:1/5 to Josh on Tue Jul 4 09:00:42 2017
    On Saturday, July 1, 2017 at 11:21:37 PM UTC-4, Josh wrote:
    hi

personal info were revealed and people had used it to track, spam, troll, harass me.

i had googled n learn to cluck on top right cirner to repirt the message but no action.

thank you
    thank you

Unfortunately, I believe it is write it, regret it. It is out there forever.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mike Smith@21:1/5 to RobG on Tue Jul 4 13:12:48 2017
    On Tuesday, 4 July 2017 17:00:44 UTC+1, RobG wrote:
    hi

thank you
    thank you

There is a way of setting a time linmit, the post being removed after so many hours, but I do not know the mechanism for that. Haven't had a chance to look into this, if I get time and find anything I'll post it here.

Cheers

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mike Smith@21:1/5 to Mike Smith on Tue Jul 4 13:22:13 2017
    On Tuesday, 4 July 2017 21:20:44 UTC+1, Mike Smith wrote:
    On Tuesday, 4 July 2017 21:12:50 UTC+1, Mike Smith wrote:
    hi

thank you
    thank you

There is a way of setting a time linmit, the post being removed after so many hours, but I do not know the mechanism for that. Haven't had a chance to look into this, if I get time and find anything I'll post it here.

Cheers

Mike

Quick Google suggests you can block it from being found by a Google search (and they hold the Usenet archives), quote from

http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/how-can-i-delete-a-usenet-post-from-20-years-ago/

File a DMCA request with Google to have the search removed. It's an automated process here. http://support.google.com/bin/static.py?hl=en&ts=1114905&page=ts.cs

Cheers

Mike

You can file a Take down request at https://support.google.com/groups/answer/81275?hl=en

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mike Smith@21:1/5 to Mike Smith on Tue Jul 4 13:20:43 2017
    On Tuesday, 4 July 2017 21:12:50 UTC+1, Mike Smith wrote:
    hi

thank you
    thank you

Cheers

Mike

Quick Google suggests you can block it from being found by a Google search (and they hold the Usenet archives), quote from

http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/how-can-i-delete-a-usenet-post-from-20-years-ago/

File a DMCA request with Google to have the search removed. It's an automated process here. http://support.google.com/bin/static.py?hl=en&ts=1114905&page=ts.cs

Cheers

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05