• I was just on the semroc website a few days ago....

From DocRocket@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 31 11:54:10 2017
    Hi There gang...

After a 20 year absence, I have returned to rec.models.rockets. I found my old range box and supplies etc. after having moved from Utah to New England... yes they were stashed away in boxes that I had never unpacked. Here I am in the land of trees...
    and highly limited open space... (most unfortunate) where I am originally from.

I get this twisted notion of cranking up the rocket stuff and did a ton of web surfing to find out what's up with the world. I come across Semroc and note that they've cloned some kits I've always wanted (eg. Centuri's Aero-Dart original version). A
    week or so later all I get when I try to get back on their web site is:

"A communication error occurred: ""
    The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time."

Anybody know what gives??

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Tom Biasi@21:1/5 to DocRocket on Fri Mar 31 17:24:52 2017
    On 3/31/2017 2:54 PM, DocRocket wrote:
    Hi There gang...

After a 20 year absence, I have returned to rec.models.rockets. I found my old range box and supplies etc. after having moved from Utah to New England... yes they were stashed away in boxes that I had never unpacked. Here I am in the land of trees...
    and highly limited open space... (most unfortunate) where I am originally from.

I get this twisted notion of cranking up the rocket stuff and did a ton of web surfing to find out what's up with the world. I come across Semroc and note that they've cloned some kits I've always wanted (eg. Centuri's Aero-Dart original version). A
    week or so later all I get when I try to get back on their web site is:

The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time."

I couldn't get to their site either but I could get here: http://www.erockets.biz/semroc-model-rocket-kits/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Joe Pfeiffer@21:1/5 to DocRocket on Fri Mar 31 20:53:41 2017
    DocRocket <petrakis@gmail.com> writes:

I get this twisted notion of cranking up the rocket stuff and did a
    ton of web surfing to find out what's up with the world. I come
    across Semroc and note that they've cloned some kits I've always
    wanted (eg. Centuri's Aero-Dart original version). A week or so later
    all I get when I try to get back on their web site is:

The person behind Semroc, Carl McLawhorn, passed away in 2013. His wife
    and son tried to keep it going, but the son went into kidney failure
    that same year and couldn't keep it up (I'm not sure what his status is
    at this point).

Fortunately, in 2015, Randy Broadway (the guy behind erockets) purchased
    the company.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05