• Parker Kenpo vs. Tracy Kenpo

From srgmedic57@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Dec 16 19:36:48 2018
    Hi my name is Don C, I’ve practiced in both Parker’s and Tracy’s Kenpo. I got my 1st Black in Tracy’s Kenpo back in 84. I like and follow principles from both systems, but definitely seen differences in both. Al Tracy actually learned from Ed
    Parker, but he preserved much of the older Kenpo that came from Mr Chow and Mr Mitose before Parker; and Ed Parker created a lot of change and improvements in the Kenpo system.
    In Al Tracy’s Kenpo, it was less defensive and more offensive There was more full movements with the strikes, and less checks, and the stances were more open like from stances and back stances in other styles, which in my opinion was better if you were
    more offensive, like in tournament fighting, with being less defensive if your opponent got past your guard.
    In Ed Parker’s Kenpo, there was a check in front and behind every strike. Even the stances were more defensive in posture with the neutral bow, sod and hard , forward and reverse bows. Also, with all the strikes in each technique, they were all brought
    in closer in a small area, with you getting very close to the opponent, and striking with multiple strikes closer at mostly weak areas. Also noted that with all the strikes and checks in a technique, he tried to add additional strikes in between the
    techniques strikes.
    That’s my observation of the difference between the two systems, and I still love and practice both.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)