• "Karate Connection" SCAM

From laura.spier@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Pseudoscience Patrol on Thu Sep 13 12:37:40 2018
    Unless you know the entire picture you should not make such an ass and idiot of your self! These tapes were made in the 70's & 80's moron! I was there. I know Vic! He also taught in studio and is Grand Master! The tapes were made to teach beyond the
    studio and reach people who were not close by to attend class. Karate Connection was not a scam! And I hope that 20 years later, you see this message. Maybe by now you have matured!

On Saturday, December 27, 1997 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, Pseudoscience Patrol wrote:
    Karate connection is indeed a scam. First, the premise of video testing. And Kenpo
    at that, big surprise! Second, the tapes were produced using vintage 70s video
    equipement, in an insectarium. How so? The picture quality is terrible, even by
    Indian standards, and the room where this garbage is filmed is crawling with bugs,
    that often fly across the camera.

Pseudoscience Patrol

Gizbab wrote:

There is one group of guys called the "Karate Connection" that "trains" you by
    VHS tape from zip to an upper belt. What they teach is Kempo karate. The way
    you pass the exams with them is you tape yourself doing some of the katas, and
    other things. I've seen one tape of theirs (from your public library, of all
    places!) and it looked bad.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)