• PAULA INOSANTO DESTROYED Inosanto / IMB Academy Friendship:

From miamialliedbuilders@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat May 19 05:05:31 2018
    This is so far off the reservation I don’t even know where to begin. First and foremost, Simo Paula is Guru Dan’s wife. Case and point, end of discussion. It makes me sick to hear “people” express themselves the way they do. Pathetic and of
    the lowest kind. I’ve met individuals who have failed in their attempts to have their way with the Inosanto brand. And I’m sure she had to fight quite hard to rid the association of the characters. For all this talk trying to shame Sifu Dan about
    looking out for his, all of you could only wish that you could summon the kind of good will and appreciation let alone the support, that spans the world over by tens of thousands, like Inosanto Association. But your present stance keeps you where you’
    ll always be; isolated and relegated to a blog post. I have seen grand masters of several art be decimated by their own family, friends, and students for their own selfish gains. I’ve associated with the Inosanto Academy for 15years and not only do
    I pledge my support (emotionally and financially), but encourage my colleague to do the same. I’ve gotten what I’ve put in tenfold. This post is garbage and propagated by those who got left out. That’s all.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From wimpysissyboy@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 26 22:47:10 2018
    Paula being married to Dan inosanto doesn't mean everyone has to accept that she is the best representative of Bruce Lee's methods. She had her own motives. It's sort of the same thing that happened when John Lennon got involved with Yoko and she pushed
    herself up in front and consequently destroyed The Beatles.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From wimpysissyboy@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 26 22:42:14 2018
    Paula being married to Dan inosanto doesn't mean everyone has to accept that she is the best representative of Bruce Lee's methods. It's sort of the same thing that happened when John Lennon hot involved with Yolo and she pushed herself up in front and
    destroyed The Beatles.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From wimpysissyboy@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 26 22:59:37 2018
    The Truth about the 1993 Paula Inosanto Letter: The Jeet Kune Do Inquirer?
    John Soet sets the story straight!
    Presented are excerpts from the Feb 2010 Forum discussion regarding 1993 Inosanto libel letter offered by Mr. John Soet. The prelude:
    In 1993 Inside Karate magazine published a controversial piece entitled “The Return of the Original Jeet Kune Do” by Paul Bax. In the article the author quotes several prominent jeet kune do proponents including Gary Dill, Fran Joseph, Jerry Poteet,
    Lamar Davis and Dr. Jerry Beasley. Each expert agrees that the method being taught as the jeet kune do concept (JKDC) is not the same as the art originally taught by Bruce Lee to his students in the Chinatown kwoon (OJKD). Paula Inosanto was offended by
    the article, not only by what the article claimed but by the fact that John Soet, the magazine editor published the article which she felt was offensive to her position as wife of the leader. The seven page letter complains that Mr. Soet, even though he
    was married to Dan Inosanto’ s sister Lilian, should not be considered an Inosanto family member.
    To demonstrate how potentially threatening she felt the article was to her monopoly of the JKD trade she maliciously lambasted the individuals quoted in the article as being either poorly trained and disrespectful to her husband Dan or having no training,
    and thus no qualifications at all! Inside Kung Fu owner Curtis Wong reviewed the letter and determined it to be malicious libel. He refused to publish the letter. Paula Inosanto then began to distribute the letter at JKDC seminars during 1993. The
    letter would have simply been discarded except for the fact that Inosanto student Michael Krivka published excerpts with intent to defame named instructors in the letter on his website. He maliciously deleted the portions of the letter which provided the
    real intent of the attack on Mr. Soet which were of course an embarrassment to the Inosanto family.
    An interesting twist of fate has resulted in the fact that today almost 20 years later, the term JKDC (jeet kune do concept) and the arts of kali/silat has been found to have been coined and organized by Mr. Inosanto and not by Mr. Bruce Lee. A common
    complaint and the source of much dissatisfaction to the thousands that paid for JKD seminars (‘80’s/’90’s) and were instead taught the JKDC version of kali and silat. The term OJKD (original jeet kune do) is now accepted as the art that Bruce Lee
    actually taught to his students at the Chinatown kwoon.
    Over the years brief excerpts of the 7 page letter have found their way to many forums including the highly questionable and comedic Bullshido forum. On this particular day in Feburary 2010 the highly respected JKD Brotherhood forum members had the
    distinct pleasure of learning the truth about the Paula Inosanto letter (Michael Krivka website).
    This article is unique because it represents the final public statements presented by renowned martial arts writer, researcher and editor, Mr. John Soet.
    Here they are the facts about the libel, the letter, Paula Inosanto and Michael Krivka and why the letter has become the most embarrassing legacy to the legendary and highly revered Dan Inosanto .
    Originally Posted – 01/22/2010 : 1:57:43 PM by John Soet in response to a comment offered by forum member and acclaimed JKD writer Jerry Beasley who noted that he had been falsely accused of not training with Dan Inosanto in the 1980’s when in fact
    he was able to present certificates for study in jeet kune do and kali presented to by Dan Inosanto. The controversy stemmed from a letter written by Paula Inosanto in 1993 and made available on the internet by Michael Krivka a student under Paula
    Inosanto.
    In response John Soet writes…
    It’s amazing to see this conversation 16 years later. What I don’t get is why anyone would cite the Paula letter as if it carried any form of authority. We found it to be amusing and quite a joke at the time as the motivations for writing it were
    clear, and never knew that anyone out there would take it seriously, other then those who had been libeled. I’d been lied about and libeled more than anyone but I wasn’t business competition as were the other people who were libeled.
    The main thing we need to dispense with to get a clear perspective is JKD elitism. Jeet Kune Do is not shinanju. It’s not some sort of mystical art that only the upper echelons can learn — it’s just another system (yes, I said “system”). They’
    re all a means to an end. So nobody who holds that certification is any more special than a black belt in Shotokan or a highly trained person in any other sport. The quibbling results from the cult mentality — and as I’ve stated cults appeal to
    people with interpersonal relationships who want a one-on-one relationship with the cult leader. That’s why the round table was round.
    Okay, first, as far as meeting Bruce Lee in HK, I was only 20 and totally in awe of being there so I couldn’t speak as to his mindset. He talked mostly film and how he was going to become the most highly paid and most sought after star in the world.
    Now, as far as the history goes, we can’t really use “they” or plurals to talk about the Paula letter since Dan was unaware of it. It was done without his knowledge. He only became aware of it later. It was spawned because she perceived me as a
    massive threat as we’d had it out a few times and to say she was over her head would be an understatement. She had only one power source, the threat of cutting people off from Dan and I said that didn’t cut ice with me because I was not a student and
    if our friendship meant so little to him he would permit this, then he didn’t value me. I was estranged from Dan for years after I wrote an article on Diana and Paula called the editor and said that she had to approve the article before publication. I
    said she’d approve my articles when pigs flew, and pulled it, and that was that.
    As editor of Inside Karate, I never engaged in conflict of interest, but I honked a lot of people off because I took frauds and BSers to task regularly. I treated Dan equally with everybody else. When I published Paul’s (The return of the original Art
    of Jeet Kune Do) article in 1993 I thought it was fair and honest. I learned later on that Paula conducted clandestine meetings with the people who kissed her a@@ to advance at the academy, and she had a hit list and strategies for attacking them,
    wrecking their businesses, etc. She was incensed because Jason Scott Lee chose Jerry Poteet as his instructor for Dragon and accused Jerry and Fran of “stealing him.” But the truth is when he tried to study from Dan, he didn’t like Paula acting
    like she was Mrs. Marlon Brando and Dan was teaching him silat, whereas he wanted to learn what Bruce taught, and he found Jerry on his own.
    Since I was on her hit list, she used this as an opportunity to try to attack my livelihood by having Burt Richardson hand carry the article to Curtis Wong with selective passages highlighted to make it appear to be an attack on Dan. Burt apologized for
    being caught in the middle, and I warned him that eventually she would cross a line and they would turn on him, which eventually happened. Curtis saw it for what it was and he asked me to write a letter to her explaining the content, and that Dan was
    always welcome. She used the rebuttal, an attack on me filled with statements Curtis, an employer and friend already knew to be false. But then, it was a “while I’ve got your attention,” used it to attack anyone else actively teaching anything
    remotely attached to JKD to destroy their credibility, strictly for business purposes.
    The fact of the matter is that in that era, anyone who hosted a seminar with a certain quorum got a certificate that had the term JKDC on it, and many used it as a credential. People were teaching something that was good, effective, but it was something
    else. You had people all over the country teaching a kali/silat hybrid as JKD. And the main agenda was to get that certificate, which was sort of the martial arts equivalent of an ordination in the Universal Life Church.
    Dan in the years that follows mellowed out dramatically and become his old self again, thank God. I am only sad that his true place in martial arts history was diminished by his association with Bruce. He’s done so much in his own right, such as
    bringing FMA to the rest of the world and literally revolutionizing martial arts instruction throughout the entire world.
    Posted – 01/25/2010 : 8:39:08 PM ——————————————————————————–

And to think…one little article started it all…

——————————————————————————–
    Paul “The Baxtard” Bax
    Posted – 01/25/2010 : 8:47:34 PM
    BTW, Jerry Beasley had no faith in me… read his note to me after I sent him a copy to read before the article was published.
    Posted1992 – 01/25/2010 : 8:47:34 PM

Jerry had no faith in me…19921992

Paul “The Baxtard” Bax

Posted – 01/25/2010 : 9:16:37 PM

Originally posted by pauljbax
    And to think…one little article started it all… __________________________________-
    Jerry Beasley responds to Paul Bax
    Paul,
    What you have just done is prove that I was not supportive of the article and I requested that you take my name out of the article before it was published. My name should not have been in the article and thus I should not have been libeled by Paula
    Inosanto and Michael Krivka. You have also provided clear evidence for a class action libel suit against the Inosanto Academy. Fortunately, I have no interest in litigation. I would like for the truth to be made available and I hope others will post
    these comments by forum members.
    Jerry Beasley
    _____________________________________________________—-
    John Soet responds to another forum member Posted – 01/26/2010 : 02:05:49 AM A forum member complains the discussion seems a lot like bitching about Paula Inosanto and the libel she presented….. Mr. Soet responds: “ You use the term “bitching about Paula” but truthfully, had you been there and in the core of it, it would
    be hard not to do so. You’re talking about a groupie who used a planned and systematic approach to worm her way in, then use isolation to seriously do wrong to individuals who had not only never done anything to her, but welcomed her, helped her and
    befriended her. I saw the loyal core systematically eliminated one by one. I warned Chris what would happen and it did. I warned Cass what would happen and it did. I warned Burt what would happen and it did. It even happened to Diana. Even Linda Lee got
    a dose of it when she was forming the first JKD organization. Dan was to attend, and she suddenly received a fax from Paula with stipulations regarding Dan’s appearance. She faxed back, and she suddenly found herself engaged in an exchange of faxes
    where Paula was basically attacking everyone and she told me she was thinking to herself, “We’re communicating back and forth by fax when obviously we’re sitting here next to telephones. How weird is this?”
    I cannot have any animosity toward Dan because I know him and know how it happened. His personality and Filipino upbringing have a lot to do with it. There was no closing of the door because there was no door to close. The only inner circle were people
    who decided to kiss her a@@ to remain close to Dan. The result was that you had all of the senior students going out on their own, which benefited the martial arts community enormously, but pissed her off to no end because they couldn’t be controlled.
    For the record, Dan is not the only martial artist to suffer this. There is a phenomenon called Mrs. Sensei, and I even wrote an article about it, where a groupie will marry a name martial artist and start trying to run things, and behave as if she’s
    the wife of a superstar rather than a teacher of athletics. A very well-known kickboxer is a victim of this phenomenon. I had a famous rock star who wanted to do a cover with him and when I contacted him he said sure, then later on I talked to his wife
    and was told, “I haven’t decided if I’m going to let him do it or not; call me back tomorrow and I’ll let you know my decision.” A very prominent Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instructor showed up with his wife and changed into a suit, with no partner
    for a cover shoot. When the editor asked, “Where is your gi, and where is your partner,” the wife said, “No, I want the cover to be like a GQ cover. Our policy is we don’t do action for the covers of magazines anymore.” “Well, that’s not my
    policy. See ya.” I could cite many other incidents.
    John Soet continues… I once asked Remy Presas how good is Dan and he said, “The truth is nobody knows. As a martial artist he’s at the top of the heap but he has great natural attributes, but he’s so into various styles that it’s impossible to
    make a judgment call as to how extensive his background is in any specific style.” As a teacher though, he is excellent and remember, Dan comes from a family of professional educators and he has an education background. He was a professional teacher
    before he gave it up to teach martial arts full time, and he was a highly respected teacher and super popular with parents and the school district and it had zero to do with his martial arts background.
    Jimi, sorry but you had to have been there. You had to have witnessed a systematic agenda to eliminate all of Dan’s seniors, the hostility and contentiousness, and it was all unnecessary as she didn’t have any enemies and was initially welcomed as
    someone very loyal to Dan who could be an asset. Unfortunately, people’s true character, or lack thereof, will always assert itself, and it is the nature of the scorpion to sting.
    The letter ( addressed to Curtis Wong and written by Paula Inosanto) was not simply a lapse in judgment or “We all make mistakes.” You’re talking about someone who had a “hit list” and held meetings on how to “get” people. I have spoken
    with several individuals who were present in these meetings and my name frequently came up, which I never took as more than a source of amusement. But people were told to write letters to Curtis Wong criticizing the magazine, etc. As has been stated, the
    hand carrying of the Paul Bax article to Curtis Wong had certain passages highlighted that sounded like an attack when read out of context. Picture if I wrote a letter and said, “It’s not like I think Jimi is an idiot” and someone highlighting only
    the last six words. So someone comes to you and says, “This guy thinks your an idiot.” Then you read the entire sentence and you’d respond, “That’s not what he’s saying at all?”
    It was that simple. So we crafted a response that was an olive branch which essentially said that wasn’t the meaning, but sorry if that’s what you inferred, you and Dan are always welcome here, etc. Then this response came which contained falsehoods
    from the opening to closing paragraph and brought people into it who were not part of the initial misunderstanding and slammed them, and sent it around to the entire martial arts community. If this is not an opportunistic way to slam the competition,
    tell me what it is.
    My statement about the other women was to remind everyone that Dan is hardly the only one to suffer from this. Men do it to. In the film industry you are frequently admonished not to work with an actress who has a personal manager in that it’s
    generally her boyfriend meddling. A person who is completely unqualified forming a relationship and screwing everything up is hardly an isolated phenomenon.
    I think that my characterization is accurate and stand behind it. If anything it was an understatement. There is no way to convey the rudeness, the calculated behavior and outright cruelty to which innocents who had done nothing were subjected. You have
    a right to your opinion but it’s pretty much speculation, as opposed to the opinions of those who were there and experienced it firsthand.
    The evil in JKD comes from its direct link to a film star. Indeed, Bruce had as much of a negative impact on MA as positive in that his legacy is also responsible for the thousands of movie star wannabes who literally based their lives on the delusions
    that they just had a become known and be the next action star or the buffoonery that grew out of the wannabe mentality. You don’t see people getting into boxing with the hope of being the next Stallone or bodybuilding with the hope of being the next
    Arnold.
    ____________________________ A member writes: I think some people are bitter because of Paula and what she did.
    Jimi
    _________________________________-
    John Soet responds to jimi…..
    Jimi, it’s really hard to get a flavor of the facts if you weren’t there, and when you use a convenient buzzword like bitter, it sort of challenges people to justify why they feel like they do, which they don’t have to do — it’s just a courtesy
    to you to clarify. If there is this degree of bitterness from rational, reasonable people the question must then become “Why so much bitterness?”
    Now, in my case, I saw behavior that was unjustifiable and unethical. But in the case of many, their businesses were impaired or at least there was an attempt to impair them. That would p@@@ anybody off. With me she never had that degree of importance.
    She couldn’t get in my way and knew it, sure I was at the top of her enemies list. Raise both hands to ear level, start wiggling hands at the wrists, “Wooooo!”
    Being innocent of any wrongdoing, then being f***ed over makes people bitter. So what?
    I would say I personally am not bitter. If I saw Paula on the street tomorrow I would attempt to be cordial, what happened happened a long time ago and life has taken us on different paths, and how she responded would be up to her. I worked with Dan on a
    video a few years ago, he was like his old self again, it was great. But certain actions have become an inextricable part of the history of JKD, and nothing can change that.
    – 01/27/2010 : 10:55:49 AM
    I understand it is not a good thing that Paula had a hit list as you put it as well as taking action that disturbed and pissed off a lot of people.
    I am not standing up for her or justifying anything she has done. JF/JKD, Dan plays 3 card monty baiting those looking for JKD and give them Kali, or Silat or Muay Thai etc.., or that Dan (Rather Paula) is all that is wrong with the JF/JKD Community, all
    seeming to me to attempt to detract from any Inosanto right to teach JF/JKD. All of this seems to me to be more about curcumnavigating Dan & Paula (The Inosantos- If you put it like that it sounds like a organized crime family- and I am sure some feel that way about them, lol)and opening the JKD seminar/camp money flood gates for
    others, not really about identifing who truely has the knowledge, skill, and lineage to teach JF/JKD.
    It seems that Paula & Dan are now on someones own hit list and what goes around comes around right? Let the dirty laundry be aired! LMAO!
    Mr Soet, from your last post addressing me, I get the feeling the word “Bitter” is the bone of contention, yet I still see and feel this anger, begrudgement, dislike, almost hate or whatever you want to call it toward both Dan & Paula. From this and
    the specifics volunteeered about Paulas actions & Dans misinformation on both JF/JKD & FMA I feel I am right about issues w/ them wether you call it bitter or some other expression of contempt.
    Bad Paula, Bad Dan, Bad Concepts, (smack smack smack = spanking)BAD BAD BAD!!! Dirty Dirty Lil’ Concepts people. lol.
    Posted – 01/27/2010 : 1:03:44 PM
    Jimi,
    There are two different issues. First Paula wrote her letter, Dan and Paula (according to a statement made by Michael Krivka)distributed the letter and Dan’s groupies circulated the letter on the Internet so it is readily available even today. Some
    still bring it up like it is valid and current. My friend John posted the link one time as a jab at me. So to many it is current news. Unfortunately people post only the excerpt, usually a paragraph at a time, that suits their purpose. To still have the
    1993 letter up and available on the net is an embarrassment to the Inosanto family…thanks to Michael Krivka. You would think that Inosanto would ask Krivka to stop promoting this libel.
    In this thread I discovered not only that I was misquoted but also I had requested that the quote be fixed before publication. The evidence was also posted. Hence Paula’s statements about me were completely untrue and unjustified. I also learned that
    Paula was of the ilk to do such work as to purposefully and with malice and aforethought commit libel and defamation in order to maintain a monopoly for the JKD trade.
    The other issue is that in the 1980’s/’90’s thousands attended the Inosanto “JKD” seminars held almost weekly across the country and received instruction in kali, silat and other arts. That’s where the flavor of the month complaint came from.
    This thread was about how the “concepts” method was started and why. I think the Paula issue was from the other thread and was just reintroduced in this thread also.

This post has been made by either JB,
    Posted – 01/27/2010 : 3:18:54 PM ——————————————————————————–

John Soet responds
    Jimi, who on earth ever said or implied Dan wasn’t qualified? That’s absurd and I’ve never heard anyone say that. I told you on this forum I heard it straight from the horse’s, or more accurately dragon’s mouth that Dan was the most qualified.
    I am not standing up for her or justifying anything she has done, I am standing against the denial of as I call it “BITTERNESS” and assertions that (Because of Paulas actions) many believe Dan does not know JF/JKD, Dan plays 3 card monty baiting
    those looking for JKD and give them Kali, or Silat or Muay Thai etc.., or that Dan (Rather Paula) is all that is wrong with the JF/JKD Community, all seeming to me to attempt to detract from any Inosanto right to teach JF/JKD.”

That’s a mischaracterization of what anyone has said. There was no magical process whereby the moment Paula signed the letter all of Dan’s knowledge instantly left him. Second, you keep lumping Dan and Paula together as a single entity when I have
    clearly stated that Dan did not know about the letter. He found out about it later on. The Dan I know would never have approved this. As far as Paula, not Dan, being on a LOT of hit lists, well, “Boahds doan heet back.” But people do. There are
    consequences for wrong actions and when you hurt enough people they do group together. When you burn bridges, everyone falls into the same lake

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From S F@21:1/5 to wimpys...@gmail.com on Thu Mar 2 12:22:03 2023
    On Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 7:59:40 PM UTC-10, wimpys...@gmail.com wrote:
    The Truth about the 1993 Paula Inosanto Letter: The Jeet Kune Do Inquirer? John Soet sets the story straight!
    Presented are excerpts from the Feb 2010 Forum discussion regarding 1993 Inosanto libel letter offered by Mr. John Soet. The prelude:
    In 1993 Inside Karate magazine published a controversial piece entitled “The Return of the Original Jeet Kune Do” by Paul Bax. In the article the author quotes several prominent jeet kune do proponents including Gary Dill, Fran Joseph, Jerry Poteet,
    Lamar Davis and Dr. Jerry Beasley. Each expert agrees that the method being taught as the jeet kune do concept (JKDC) is not the same as the art originally taught by Bruce Lee to his students in the Chinatown kwoon (OJKD). Paula Inosanto was offended by
    the article, not only by what the article claimed but by the fact that John Soet, the magazine editor published the article which she felt was offensive to her position as wife of the leader. The seven page letter complains that Mr. Soet, even though he
    was married to Dan Inosanto’ s sister Lilian, should not be considered an Inosanto family member.
    To demonstrate how potentially threatening she felt the article was to her monopoly of the JKD trade she maliciously lambasted the individuals quoted in the article as being either poorly trained and disrespectful to her husband Dan or having no
    training, and thus no qualifications at all! Inside Kung Fu owner Curtis Wong reviewed the letter and determined it to be malicious libel. He refused to publish the letter. Paula Inosanto then began to distribute the letter at JKDC seminars during 1993.
    The letter would have simply been discarded except for the fact that Inosanto student Michael Krivka published excerpts with intent to defame named instructors in the letter on his website. He maliciously deleted the portions of the letter which provided
    the real intent of the attack on Mr. Soet which were of course an embarrassment to the Inosanto family.
    An interesting twist of fate has resulted in the fact that today almost 20 years later, the term JKDC (jeet kune do concept) and the arts of kali/silat has been found to have been coined and organized by Mr. Inosanto and not by Mr. Bruce Lee. A common
    complaint and the source of much dissatisfaction to the thousands that paid for JKD seminars (‘80’s/’90’s) and were instead taught the JKDC version of kali and silat. The term OJKD (original jeet kune do) is now accepted as the art that Bruce Lee
    Over the years brief excerpts of the 7 page letter have found their way to many forums including the highly questionable and comedic Bullshido forum. On this particular day in Feburary 2010 the highly respected JKD Brotherhood forum members had the
    distinct pleasure of learning the truth about the Paula Inosanto letter (Michael Krivka website).
    This article is unique because it represents the final public statements presented by renowned martial arts writer, researcher and editor, Mr. John Soet.
    Here they are the facts about the libel, the letter, Paula Inosanto and Michael Krivka and why the letter has become the most embarrassing legacy to the legendary and highly revered Dan Inosanto .
    Originally Posted – 01/22/2010 : 1:57:43 PM by John Soet in response to a comment offered by forum member and acclaimed JKD writer Jerry Beasley who noted that he had been falsely accused of not training with Dan Inosanto in the 1980’s when in fact
    he was able to present certificates for study in jeet kune do and kali presented to by Dan Inosanto. The controversy stemmed from a letter written by Paula Inosanto in 1993 and made available on the internet by Michael Krivka a student under Paula
    Inosanto.
    It’s amazing to see this conversation 16 years later. What I don’t get is why anyone would cite the Paula letter as if it carried any form of authority. We found it to be amusing and quite a joke at the time as the motivations for writing it were
    clear, and never knew that anyone out there would take it seriously, other then those who had been libeled. I’d been lied about and libeled more than anyone but I wasn’t business competition as were the other people who were libeled.
    The main thing we need to dispense with to get a clear perspective is JKD elitism. Jeet Kune Do is not shinanju. It’s not some sort of mystical art that only the upper echelons can learn — it’s just another system (yes, I said “system”). They
    re all a means to an end. So nobody who holds that certification is any more special than a black belt in Shotokan or a highly trained person in any other sport. The quibbling results from the cult mentality — and as I’ve stated cults appeal to
    people with interpersonal relationships who want a one-on-one relationship with the cult leader. That’s why the round table was round.
    Okay, first, as far as meeting Bruce Lee in HK, I was only 20 and totally in awe of being there so I couldn’t speak as to his mindset. He talked mostly film and how he was going to become the most highly paid and most sought after star in the world.
    Now, as far as the history goes, we can’t really use “they” or plurals to talk about the Paula letter since Dan was unaware of it. It was done without his knowledge. He only became aware of it later. It was spawned because she perceived me as a
    massive threat as we’d had it out a few times and to say she was over her head would be an understatement. She had only one power source, the threat of cutting people off from Dan and I said that didn’t cut ice with me because I was not a student and
    if our friendship meant so little to him he would permit this, then he didn’t value me. I was estranged from Dan for years after I wrote an article on Diana and Paula called the editor and said that she had to approve the article before publication. I
    said she’d approve my articles when pigs flew, and pulled it, and that was that.
    As editor of Inside Karate, I never engaged in conflict of interest, but I honked a lot of people off because I took frauds and BSers to task regularly. I treated Dan equally with everybody else. When I published Paul’s (The return of the original
    Art of Jeet Kune Do) article in 1993 I thought it was fair and honest. I learned later on that Paula conducted clandestine meetings with the people who kissed her a@@ to advance at the academy, and she had a hit list and strategies for attacking them,
    wrecking their businesses, etc. She was incensed because Jason Scott Lee chose Jerry Poteet as his instructor for Dragon and accused Jerry and Fran of “stealing him.” But the truth is when he tried to study from Dan, he didn’t like Paula acting
    like she was Mrs. Marlon Brando and Dan was teaching him silat, whereas he wanted to learn what Bruce taught, and he found Jerry on his own.
    Since I was on her hit list, she used this as an opportunity to try to attack my livelihood by having Burt Richardson hand carry the article to Curtis Wong with selective passages highlighted to make it appear to be an attack on Dan. Burt apologized
    for being caught in the middle, and I warned him that eventually she would cross a line and they would turn on him, which eventually happened. Curtis saw it for what it was and he asked me to write a letter to her explaining the content, and that Dan was
    always welcome. She used the rebuttal, an attack on me filled with statements Curtis, an employer and friend already knew to be false. But then, it was a “while I’ve got your attention,” used it to attack anyone else actively teaching anything
    remotely attached to JKD to destroy their credibility, strictly for business purposes.
    The fact of the matter is that in that era, anyone who hosted a seminar with a certain quorum got a certificate that had the term JKDC on it, and many used it as a credential. People were teaching something that was good, effective, but it was
    something else. You had people all over the country teaching a kali/silat hybrid as JKD. And the main agenda was to get that certificate, which was sort of the martial arts equivalent of an ordination in the Universal Life Church.
    Dan in the years that follows mellowed out dramatically and become his old self again, thank God. I am only sad that his true place in martial arts history was diminished by his association with Bruce. He’s done so much in his own right, such as
    bringing FMA to the rest of the world and literally revolutionizing martial arts instruction throughout the entire world.

Paul “The Baxtard” Bax
    BTW, Jerry Beasley had no faith in me… read his note to me after I sent him a copy to read before the article was published.

Paul “The Baxtard” Bax

And to think…one little article started it all… __________________________________-
    Paul,
    What you have just done is prove that I was not supportive of the article and I requested that you take my name out of the article before it was published. My name should not have been in the article and thus I should not have been libeled by Paula
    Inosanto and Michael Krivka. You have also provided clear evidence for a class action libel suit against the Inosanto Academy. Fortunately, I have no interest in litigation. I would like for the truth to be made available and I hope others will post
    Jerry Beasley
    John Soet responds to another forum member Posted – 01/26/2010 : 02:05:49 AM
    A forum member complains the discussion seems a lot like bitching about Paula Inosanto and the libel she presented….. Mr. Soet responds: “ You use the term “bitching about Paula” but truthfully, had you been there and in the core of it, it
    would be hard not to do so. You’re talking about a groupie who used a planned and systematic approach to worm her way in, then use isolation to seriously do wrong to individuals who had not only never done anything to her, but welcomed her, helped her
    and befriended her. I saw the loyal core systematically eliminated one by one. I warned Chris what would happen and it did. I warned Cass what would happen and it did. I warned Burt what would happen and it did. It even happened to Diana. Even Linda Lee
    got a dose of it when she was forming the first JKD organization. Dan was to attend, and she suddenly received a fax from Paula with stipulations regarding Dan’s appearance. She faxed back, and she suddenly found herself engaged in an exchange of faxes
    where Paula was basically attacking everyone and she told me she was thinking to herself, “We’re communicating back and forth by fax when obviously we’re sitting here next to telephones. How weird is this?”
    I cannot have any animosity toward Dan because I know him and know how it happened. His personality and Filipino upbringing have a lot to do with it. There was no closing of the door because there was no door to close. The only inner circle were people
    who decided to kiss her a@@ to remain close to Dan. The result was that you had all of the senior students going out on their own, which benefited the martial arts community enormously, but pissed her off to no end because they couldn’t be controlled.
    For the record, Dan is not the only martial artist to suffer this. There is a phenomenon called Mrs. Sensei, and I even wrote an article about it, where a groupie will marry a name martial artist and start trying to run things, and behave as if she’s
    the wife of a superstar rather than a teacher of athletics. A very well-known kickboxer is a victim of this phenomenon. I had a famous rock star who wanted to do a cover with him and when I contacted him he said sure, then later on I talked to his wife
    and was told, “I haven’t decided if I’m going to let him do it or not; call me back tomorrow and I’ll let you know my decision.” A very prominent Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instructor showed up with his wife and changed into a suit, with no partner
    for a cover shoot. When the editor asked, “Where is your gi, and where is your partner,” the wife said, “No, I want the cover to be like a GQ cover. Our policy is we don’t do action for the covers of magazines anymore.” “Well, that’s not my
    John Soet continues… I once asked Remy Presas how good is Dan and he said, “The truth is nobody knows. As a martial artist he’s at the top of the heap but he has great natural attributes, but he’s so into various styles that it’s impossible
    to make a judgment call as to how extensive his background is in any specific style.” As a teacher though, he is excellent and remember, Dan comes from a family of professional educators and he has an education background. He was a professional teacher
    before he gave it up to teach martial arts full time, and he was a highly respected teacher and super popular with parents and the school district and it had zero to do with his martial arts background.
    Jimi, sorry but you had to have been there. You had to have witnessed a systematic agenda to eliminate all of Dan’s seniors, the hostility and contentiousness, and it was all unnecessary as she didn’t have any enemies and was initially welcomed as
    someone very loyal to Dan who could be an asset. Unfortunately, people’s true character, or lack thereof, will always assert itself, and it is the nature of the scorpion to sting.
    The letter ( addressed to Curtis Wong and written by Paula Inosanto) was not simply a lapse in judgment or “We all make mistakes.” You’re talking about someone who had a “hit list” and held meetings on how to “get” people. I have spoken
    with several individuals who were present in these meetings and my name frequently came up, which I never took as more than a source of amusement. But people were told to write letters to Curtis Wong criticizing the magazine, etc. As has been stated, the
    hand carrying of the Paul Bax article to Curtis Wong had certain passages highlighted that sounded like an attack when read out of context. Picture if I wrote a letter and said, “It’s not like I think Jimi is an idiot” and someone highlighting only
    the last six words. So someone comes to you and says, “This guy thinks your an idiot.” Then you read the entire sentence and you’d respond, “That’s not what he’s saying at all?”
    It was that simple. So we crafted a response that was an olive branch which essentially said that wasn’t the meaning, but sorry if that’s what you inferred, you and Dan are always welcome here, etc. Then this response came which contained
    falsehoods from the opening to closing paragraph and brought people into it who were not part of the initial misunderstanding and slammed them, and sent it around to the entire martial arts community. If this is not an opportunistic way to slam the
    competition, tell me what it is.
    My statement about the other women was to remind everyone that Dan is hardly the only one to suffer from this. Men do it to. In the film industry you are frequently admonished not to work with an actress who has a personal manager in that it’s
    generally her boyfriend meddling. A person who is completely unqualified forming a relationship and screwing everything up is hardly an isolated phenomenon.
    I think that my characterization is accurate and stand behind it. If anything it was an understatement. There is no way to convey the rudeness, the calculated behavior and outright cruelty to which innocents who had done nothing were subjected. You
    have a right to your opinion but it’s pretty much speculation, as opposed to the opinions of those who were there and experienced it firsthand.
    The evil in JKD comes from its direct link to a film star. Indeed, Bruce had as much of a negative impact on MA as positive in that his legacy is also responsible for the thousands of movie star wannabes who literally based their lives on the delusions
    that they just had a become known and be the next action star or the buffoonery that grew out of the wannabe mentality. You don’t see people getting into boxing with the hope of being the next Stallone or bodybuilding with the hope of being the next
    Arnold.
    ____________________________ A member writes: I think some people are bitter because of Paula and what she did.
    Jimi
    Jimi, it’s really hard to get a flavor of the facts if you weren’t there, and when you use a convenient buzzword like bitter, it sort of challenges people to justify why they feel like they do, which they don’t have to do — it’s just a
    courtesy to you to clarify. If there is this degree of bitterness from rational, reasonable people the question must then become “Why so much bitterness?”
    Now, in my case, I saw behavior that was unjustifiable and unethical. But in the case of many, their businesses were impaired or at least there was an attempt to impair them. That would p@@@ anybody off. With me she never had that degree of importance.
    She couldn’t get in my way and knew it, sure I was at the top of her enemies list. Raise both hands to ear level, start wiggling hands at the wrists, “Wooooo!”
    Being innocent of any wrongdoing, then being f***ed over makes people bitter. So what?
    I would say I personally am not bitter. If I saw Paula on the street tomorrow I would attempt to be cordial, what happened happened a long time ago and life has taken us on different paths, and how she responded would be up to her. I worked with Dan on
    a video a few years ago, he was like his old self again, it was great. But certain actions have become an inextricable part of the history of JKD, and nothing can change that.
    I understand it is not a good thing that Paula had a hit list as you put it as well as taking action that disturbed and pissed off a lot of people.
    I am not standing up for her or justifying anything she has done. JF/JKD, Dan plays 3 card monty baiting those looking for JKD and give them Kali, or Silat or Muay Thai etc.., or that Dan (Rather Paula) is all that is wrong with the JF/JKD Community,
    all seeming to me to attempt to detract from any Inosanto right to teach JF/JKD.
    All of this seems to me to be more about curcumnavigating Dan & Paula (The Inosantos- If you put it like that it sounds like a organized crime family- and I am sure some feel that way about them, lol)and opening the JKD seminar/camp money flood gates
    for others, not really about identifing who truely has the knowledge, skill, and lineage to teach JF/JKD.
    It seems that Paula & Dan are now on someones own hit list and what goes around comes around right? Let the dirty laundry be aired! LMAO!
    Mr Soet, from your last post addressing me, I get the feeling the word “Bitter” is the bone of contention, yet I still see and feel this anger, begrudgement, dislike, almost hate or whatever you want to call it toward both Dan & Paula. From this
    and the specifics volunteeered about Paulas actions & Dans misinformation on both JF/JKD & FMA I feel I am right about issues w/ them wether you call it bitter or some other expression of contempt.
    Bad Paula, Bad Dan, Bad Concepts, (smack smack smack = spanking)BAD BAD BAD!!! Dirty Dirty Lil’ Concepts people. lol.
    Jimi,
    There are two different issues. First Paula wrote her letter, Dan and Paula (according to a statement made by Michael Krivka)distributed the letter and Dan’s groupies circulated the letter on the Internet so it is readily available even today. Some
    still bring it up like it is valid and current. My friend John posted the link one time as a jab at me. So to many it is current news. Unfortunately people post only the excerpt, usually a paragraph at a time, that suits their purpose. To still have the
    1993 letter up and available on the net is an embarrassment to the Inosanto family…thanks to Michael Krivka. You would think that Inosanto would ask Krivka to stop promoting this libel.
    In this thread I discovered not only that I was misquoted but also I had requested that the quote be fixed before publication. The evidence was also posted. Hence Paula’s statements about me were completely untrue and unjustified. I also learned that
    Paula was of the ilk to do such work as to purposefully and with malice and aforethought commit libel and defamation in order to maintain a monopoly for the JKD trade.
    The other issue is that in the 1980’s/’90’s thousands attended the Inosanto “JKD” seminars held almost weekly across the country and received instruction in kali, silat and other arts. That’s where the flavor of the month complaint came
    from. This thread was about how the “concepts” method was started and why. I think the Paula issue was from the other thread and was just reintroduced in this thread also.

John Soet responds
    Jimi, who on earth ever said or implied Dan wasn’t qualified? That’s absurd and I’ve never heard anyone say that. I told you on this forum I heard it straight from the horse’s, or more accurately dragon’s mouth that Dan was the most qualified.
    “I am not standing up for her or justifying anything she has done, I am standing against the denial of as I call it “BITTERNESS” and assertions that (Because of Paulas actions) many believe Dan does not know JF/JKD, Dan plays 3 card monty baiting
    those looking for JKD and give them Kali, or Silat or Muay Thai etc.., or that Dan (Rather Paula) is all that is wrong with the JF/JKD Community, all seeming to me to attempt to detract from any Inosanto right to teach JF/JKD.”

That’s a mischaracterization of what anyone has said. There was no magical process whereby the moment Paula signed the letter all of Dan’s knowledge instantly left him. Second, you keep lumping Dan and Paula together as a single entity when I have
    clearly stated that Dan did not know about the letter. He found out about it later on. The Dan I know would never have approved this. As far as Paula, not Dan, being on a LOT of hit lists, well, “Boahds doan heet back.” But people do. There are
    consequences for wrong actions and when you hurt enough people they do group together. When you burn bridges, everyone falls into the same lake

I met this woman named paula from chicago as she was sent by martial arts fraud fred degerberg to hunt Dan inosanto . I saw the evil right at that moment , what are your guys talking about ?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From IAIN SWINDELL@21:1/5 to wimpys...@gmail.com on Sat Jun 3 07:54:59 2023
    On Friday, July 27, 2018 at 6:59:40 AM UTC+1, wimpys...@gmail.com wrote:
    The Truth about the 1993 Paula Inosanto Letter: The Jeet Kune Do Inquirer? John Soet sets the story straight!
    To demonstrate how potentially threatening she felt the article was to her monopoly of the JKD trade she maliciously lambasted the individuals quoted in the article as being either poorly trained and disrespectful to her husband Dan or having no
    training, and thus no qualifications at all! Inside Kung Fu owner Curtis Wong reviewed the letter and determined it to be malicious libel. He refused to publish the letter. Paula Inosanto then began to distribute the letter at JKDC seminars during 1993.
    The letter would have simply been discarded except for the fact that Inosanto student Michael Krivka published excerpts with intent to defame named instructors in the letter on his website. He maliciously deleted the portions of the letter which provided
    the real intent of the attack on Mr. Soet which were of course an embarrassment to the Inosanto family.
    Inosanto.
    The main thing we need to dispense with to get a clear perspective is JKD elitism. Jeet Kune Do is not shinanju. It’s not some sort of mystical art that only the upper echelons can learn — it’s just another system (yes, I said “system”). They
    As editor of Inside Karate, I never engaged in conflict of interest, but I honked a lot of people off because I took frauds and BSers to task regularly. I treated Dan equally with everybody else. When I published Paul’s (The return of the original
    Art of Jeet Kune Do) article in 1993 I thought it was fair and honest. I learned later on that Paula conducted clandestine meetings with the people who kissed her a@@ to advance at the academy, and she had a hit list and strategies for attacking them,
    Since I was on her hit list, she used this as an opportunity to try to attack my livelihood by having Burt Richardson hand carry the article to Curtis Wong with selective passages highlighted to make it appear to be an attack on Dan. Burt apologized
    for being caught in the middle, and I warned him that eventually she would cross a line and they would turn on him, which eventually happened. Curtis saw it for what it was and he asked me to write a letter to her explaining the content, and that Dan was
    The fact of the matter is that in that era, anyone who hosted a seminar with a certain quorum got a certificate that had the term JKDC on it, and many used it as a credential. People were teaching something that was good, effective, but it was
    something else. You had people all over the country teaching a kali/silat hybrid as JKD. And the main agenda was to get that certificate, which was sort of the martial arts equivalent of an ordination in the Universal Life Church.

Paul “The Baxtard” Bax

Paul “The Baxtard” Bax

Paul,
    Jerry Beasley
    John Soet responds to another forum member Posted – 01/26/2010 : 02:05:49 AM
    A forum member complains the discussion seems a lot like bitching about Paula Inosanto and the libel she presented….. Mr. Soet responds: “ You use the term “bitching about Paula” but truthfully, had you been there and in the core of it, it
    would be hard not to do so. You’re talking about a groupie who used a planned and systematic approach to worm her way in, then use isolation to seriously do wrong to individuals who had not only never done anything to her, but welcomed her, helped her
    and befriended her. I saw the loyal core systematically eliminated one by one. I warned Chris what would happen and it did. I warned Cass what would happen and it did. I warned Burt what would happen and it did. It even happened to Diana. Even Linda Lee
    got a dose of it when she was forming the first JKD organization. Dan was to attend, and she suddenly received a fax from Paula with stipulations regarding Dan’s appearance. She faxed back, and she suddenly found herself engaged in an exchange of faxes
    John Soet continues… I once asked Remy Presas how good is Dan and he said, “The truth is nobody knows. As a martial artist he’s at the top of the heap but he has great natural attributes, but he’s so into various styles that it’s impossible
    to make a judgment call as to how extensive his background is in any specific style.” As a teacher though, he is excellent and remember, Dan comes from a family of professional educators and he has an education background. He was a professional teacher
    It was that simple. So we crafted a response that was an olive branch which essentially said that wasn’t the meaning, but sorry if that’s what you inferred, you and Dan are always welcome here, etc. Then this response came which contained
    falsehoods from the opening to closing paragraph and brought people into it who were not part of the initial misunderstanding and slammed them, and sent it around to the entire martial arts community. If this is not an opportunistic way to slam the
    competition, tell me what it is.
    I think that my characterization is accurate and stand behind it. If anything it was an understatement. There is no way to convey the rudeness, the calculated behavior and outright cruelty to which innocents who had done nothing were subjected. You
    have a right to your opinion but it’s pretty much speculation, as opposed to the opinions of those who were there and experienced it firsthand.
    Arnold.
    Jimi
    Jimi, it’s really hard to get a flavor of the facts if you weren’t there, and when you use a convenient buzzword like bitter, it sort of challenges people to justify why they feel like they do, which they don’t have to do — it’s just a
    courtesy to you to clarify. If there is this degree of bitterness from rational, reasonable people the question must then become “Why so much bitterness?”
    I would say I personally am not bitter. If I saw Paula on the street tomorrow I would attempt to be cordial, what happened happened a long time ago and life has taken us on different paths, and how she responded would be up to her. I worked with Dan on
    a video a few years ago, he was like his old self again, it was great. But certain actions have become an inextricable part of the history of JKD, and nothing can change that.
    I am not standing up for her or justifying anything she has done. JF/JKD, Dan plays 3 card monty baiting those looking for JKD and give them Kali, or Silat or Muay Thai etc.., or that Dan (Rather Paula) is all that is wrong with the JF/JKD Community,
    all seeming to me to attempt to detract from any Inosanto right to teach JF/JKD.
    All of this seems to me to be more about curcumnavigating Dan & Paula (The Inosantos- If you put it like that it sounds like a organized crime family- and I am sure some feel that way about them, lol)and opening the JKD seminar/camp money flood gates
    for others, not really about identifing who truely has the knowledge, skill, and lineage to teach JF/JKD.
    Mr Soet, from your last post addressing me, I get the feeling the word “Bitter” is the bone of contention, yet I still see and feel this anger, begrudgement, dislike, almost hate or whatever you want to call it toward both Dan & Paula. From this
    and the specifics volunteeered about Paulas actions & Dans misinformation on both JF/JKD & FMA I feel I am right about issues w/ them wether you call it bitter or some other expression of contempt.
    Jimi,
    The other issue is that in the 1980’s/’90’s thousands attended the Inosanto “JKD” seminars held almost weekly across the country and received instruction in kali, silat and other arts. That’s where the flavor of the month complaint came
    from. This thread was about how the “concepts” method was started and why. I think the Paula issue was from the other thread and was just reintroduced in this thread also.

John Soet responds
    “I am not standing up for her or justifying anything she has done, I am standing against the denial of as I call it “BITTERNESS” and assertions that (Because of Paulas actions) many believe Dan does not know JF/JKD, Dan plays 3 card monty baiting

Hi Name is iain iv workout together As far as paula say group in London Qt 93 Venue date in assciative Lee jun fan Gung fu inosanto academy will as we have it its is dan & paula did you know that thay have been in suspension by court
    Qt linda lee & adrian marshall right in all Martial arts in general you have to have a authorized Examinere that was paula standing this E mail is in responds to some thing"s that have been up on the posted"s Dan as we have it is the chief JF/
    JKD Instructer so thats all the Odjectives in the Accociation & Community is it not in the academy thers this its not JKD terminology but its this Qt My followers in jeet kune do do listen to this all fixed set pattern are in capable of
    adaptability or pliability the truth is outside of all fixed patterns &QT As far as other styles or school"s are concerned take no thought of who is right or wrong or who is better than be not for or against for in the landscare of spring ther is
    neither better or nor worse the flowing brances grow naturally some long some short get it & we wish in your affort much pleasure and succss aer you now acqusition to me master iain swindell yours TNXS

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05