• Chung Do Kwan forms

From zzdoc2@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Yau Felix Chung on Sat Feb 3 09:37:46 2018
    On Tuesday, October 13, 1992 at 4:13:46 PM UTC-4, Yau Felix Chung wrote:
    Hello, all! Does anyone know if there are any books published on
    the forms for Chung Do Kwan?

To save bandwidth please e-mail me at cungy2@rpi.edu

Thank you all.

-F.

I purchased that book when it was published. I also owned first editions of Choi, and Cho. Foolishly lent them to my nephew who never returned, nor retained them in later years. I trained ChungDoKwan in the late 60's in a small dojang in the Bronx, NY.[
    Riverdale] The dojang was under the direction of Ann McGrath, first dan trained by Lee Kyu Soek who was in the second black belt class of the Chung Do Kwan. From my memory, the forms curriculum still retained the MooDukKwan Tang Soo Do format beginning
    with the Shotokan Heian forms Lee Won Kuk brought from Japan [Pyung Ahn in Korean]. The ChungDoKwan forms were not taught until blue belt. I remember Tae Gu, Yul Kok, Chang Mu, Won Yo, Hwarang, not necessarily in that order I had purchased Jhoon Rhees
    paper backs on all of those forms. After the Kukkiwon was founded, the entire TKD curriculum changed so one needs to be careful about what period in TKD history one is referencing when is comes to forms, which we called hyung at the time. Now poom-sae
    appears to be the preferred term.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)