• Is Goshin Do/Jitsu legitimate?

From wwtwogeeks@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 13 09:08:00 2017
    I took under Ralph back in the early 90's? when he was on Colesium Blvd. He always use to say he taught "the hand to hand part of the Samuri" He said Tamashiwara a lot back then. I barely remember him ever really talking about where he learned. He liked
    to say he Americanized it so we would have a better understanding of what was going on. sorry I can't help more.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From JQ@21:1/5 to wwtwogeeks@gmail.com on Fri Oct 13 15:39:06 2017
    On 10/13/2017 12:08 PM, wwtwogeeks@gmail.com wrote:
    I took under Ralph back in the early 90's? when he was on Colesium Blvd. He always use to say he taught "the hand to hand part of the Samuri" He said Tamashiwara a lot back then. I barely remember him ever really talking about where he learned. He
    liked to say he Americanized it so we would have a better understanding of what was going on. sorry I can't help more.

As legit as any other style...did you learn anything valuable from him?

--
    Kocho Sensei JQ

---
    This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From byrnewp5@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Mar 26 10:24:38 2019
    Goshin do was invented by shahan van lenton. Now the voice of goshin do is shahan defelice. I am a 3rd Dan in this style.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From nealchch@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 28 15:41:02 2019
    Goshin just means combat rather than sport. It is used for a ryu that trains in more than 1 style. Goju-Ryu, okinawan kempo, judo, jujitsu, kendo are some of the techniques usually taught.
    Yes there are Japanese Ryu that use Goshin do jitsu in their names.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05