• Taoist Tai Chi sets ..help!

From patshissler@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 20 10:17:06 2020
    I've seen the comments and as a member of Taoist Tai Chi for 4 years I wanted to give my impression.
    Firstly, I don't presume to know what "real" tai chi is. It is made very clear that the taoist form is modified from traditional forms to maximize health benefits and leaves out martial arts components. As to health benefits, when I practice regularly
    my balance is improved and knee and shoulder pain definitely diminishes. I am a female 70 years old with arthritis in knees and shoulders. This improvement certainly did not come initially, but remained true after about a year if I practice regularly.
    It took me about a year to be able to do the set on my own.

In regards to it being a cult: I've never heard Master Moy referred to as being divine or to be worshipped. I don't give a bunch of money to the organization. The fees are very reasonable and you can attend for free if you can't afford to pay anything.
    I haven't changed my lifestyle in any way except for practicing daily and feeling very good with a sense of well being after attending a class.

In regards to backbiting, etc. I've never met a more friendly, welcoming group of people. Everyone is kind and helpful and just interested in learning and improving their practice. The teachers seem very competent and knowledgable. I've attended
    classes in five different cities and have found the same thing in all of them.

Anyway, if you want what I guess is the more traditional Tai Chi with martial arts components and want to have most of your fellow students under the age of 55, this is likely not for you. But if you are older and looking for a gentle form to get
    yourself moving and get some health benefits and social interaction with some very nice people, I would try this.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)