• Peter Lee - Chom Son Cho

From rachel.dye1130@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Oct 23 18:41:38 2019
    I was honored to be one of Grand Master Peter Lee's black belts. I trained with him from 1978-1983 before going off to Med school. He was amazing! I basically lived in the dojo and taught for him many times and ran one of his satellite dojo's in Palm
    Coast. He loved to allow his students to learn through teaching. I have come to realize how smart that was... reinforcement through duplication. I would train with him during the days and would spar with him often 3-4 times a week, I looked forward to
    this most of all. There had to be contact. Such a great teacher and always....about practicality, it had to work! He was the greatest side stepper and foot sweeper in the world, no joke. Fond tournament memories and pride of our dojo dominating
    tournaments often time getting unfair tournament decisions because of referees student bias, despite a overt domination or someone unpredictably getting knocked out!! ooops sorry! :-0. I won light heavy weight division in Florida in 1981 and finished 3rd
    at Nationals that year. This was not uncommon....Others in our dojo were grand champions and won divisions often many national champions. Karen, Mike, and Gerald to name a few. Grand master Lee was not Korean and I always felt it was a political upward
    climb for him, despite being one of the most talented martial artist I had ever seen, everyone knew it too and most often those of higher belt rank and political position. His students were just that much better. Seriously...not much focus on Forms
    basically covered and practiced prior to testing, and most of all the classes were reality based with sparring, every night! The black belts had a reputation of being dangerous in the ring and he loved that, such pride in the effectiveness of his
    teaching! I miss him dearly those days I will always remember and hold them in a special place. Remember watermelon after testing and his bird "big shot' that was always on his shoulder. He was the best...no doubt. Ken Dye

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)