• throws for tall people

From russell.bianca@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Jennifer S. Ouellette on Tue Oct 1 12:27:06 2019
    On Thursday, March 13, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Jennifer S. Ouellette wrote:
    New Sage <timgqw@istar.ca> wrote:
    Jennifer S. Ouellette wrote:

rlee@blue.seas.upenn.edu (Roland Lee ) wrote:
    Jennifer S. Ouellette (lucrezia@mindspring.com) wrote:

Yep, that's the translation I couldn't remember! I don't know if judo
    proper has that throw -- I study a jujitsu style with lots of judo
    incorporated, but also aikido and karate.

Sounds to me like you are doing geijin goshin jutsu, not jujitsu ! True >jujitsu does not have karate strikes, judo throws or aikido move in it !
    It has atemi wasa, nage wasa, kansetsu wasa, osao-wasa, etc.....

These are jujitsu techniques ! And since you have repeatedly stated you
    do jujitsu,I think you should expand your explanation and share the >following info with us !

1...what ryu do you practice
    2...who is the ryu or ryuha founder
    3...what was the rank of the founder
    4...who is your sensei, shihan , kyoshi, hanshi, etc.

I think that this ng should be allowed to share in this information if
    we are to take your statement as of creditable origins..
    ( no flame intended, no disrespected intended, no trolling intended )

I am happy to share the above information with this newsgroup, because I have absolutely nothing to hide....

My style is called Niseido(tm) jujitsu, and yes, it was originally Nisei goshinjutsu until 1985. Our grand master and founder is Professor Richard Riccardi, who was trained by Professor Florendo M. Visitacion (someone
    Sage has twice claimed to respect as a "true" GM) and holds a 10th dan in Vee-Jitsu Ryu Jujitsj... he holds no official rank in the Niseido(tm)
    system other than Grand Master and founder, which is title enough, I
    would imagine. Our top chief instructor is Professor Nicholas Deuel, 9th
    dan and first disciple to Prof. Rick. The co-owners of our school and co-chief instructors there are Professor (or Shihan, if you prefer)
    Michael Junsch, 6th dan, and Master Nicasio Alonso, 5th dan. All of these men have substantial martial arts experience, not only in jujitsu, but in other styles as well, e.g., karate, judo, and arnis, for example.

The school is called Bay Ridge dojo, and is located in Brooklyn New York. All are welcome to visit and train with us. As I've said repeatedly when replying to posts on this newsgroup, the style emphasizes practical self-defense applicatiosn and practices contact fighting: kumite, randori and groundfighting. It is also strongly influenced by judo, although it
    is not "pure" judo... we do seek to incorporate Jigoro Kano's guiding principles.

Now you all know my terrible secret..... ;)

--Jennifer

Jennifer,

What ever happened to Professor Nick Deuel? He was Professor Rick's senior student, I think. I knew him when I studied karate at the Bay Ridge Dojo (5th Avenue) in the 1970's and when I studied nisei Goshinjutsu under him at Bay Ridge Dojo (3rd Avenue)
    in the early 1980's. When I visit the Niseido website now, even in the lineage chart, there is no mention of him. Do you know what became of him? He was a tough instructor and always very nice to me.
    Thanks,
    Russell

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)